Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Chain Reaction…
  • danposs86

…have had a rebrand.

Their new style matches their stock levels, less is more.

Linky link

darthpunk
    Free Member

Blimey, they need to rethink their web designer, colours are a bit eye burningly bad

edit: I’m going to add to that, for that to be a large e-commerce site like Chain Reaction (minus the Cycles) I’m starting to think the whole thing might be a piss take it’s so bad

kelvin

Ebay, Microsoft, etc.

swdan
    Free Member

That’s horrible. As an e commerce site surely you want the shop part to be front and centre

oldtennisshoes

Jeepers – looks like the mindless application of a shit wordpress theme.
    Seems weird they are maintaining 2 brands anyway – I don’t think there’s much difference in brand perception between Chain Reaction and Wiggle.

Certainly not like Black (premium) / Millets (functional). Weird.

swdan
    Free Member

If you Google them then follow the link you get taken to a “shoppy” page which makes more sense

IHN

our ambition is to build an experience and a brand rooted in the joy of buying for bikes

Sounds like a job for…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/3FTK2gpj1Qr5PSnzYZjrY1k/siobhan-sharpe

danposs86

Yeah the link I posted was to them boasting about their ‘awesome’ new design.

My favourite bit is the same blue in the header as an unstyled link.

kelvin

Sounds like a job for…

Jessica Hynes rules. Also, in my agency days, I worked with so many people who spoke like a pastiche of Siobhan Sharpe, rather than the other way around.

My favourite bit is the same blue in the header as an unstyled link.

It hurts. But when you use the shop website, it doesn’t really matter, as everything below the header is exactly as it was before. Same style, same colours, same everything. I used the site before seeing this thread (are Oakley Sutro Lite any good?) and didn’t even notice anything had changed, as you soon scroll off the bit of new candy at the top.

danposs86

If you remove the blue in the header, it looks miles better on a black background. Also nice !important tag right there!

johndoh
    Free Member

As an e commerce site surely you want the shop part to be front and centre

It isn’t the e comms site – the URL is hub.chainreactioncycles.com/news/a-fresh-new-look/ – it is a communication site for the brand.

The e comms site is at https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/

tomhoward

Has anyone emailed the CEO to let them know of their errors?

shooterman

Can’t help but feel CRC are on the downward part of their arc. Sad to see as I started buying from them when their business model was small ads in MBUK.

Ever tried chatting with their customer service?

chakaping
    Free Member

I thought you lot were over-egging it, but jesus that blue is terrible.

thols2

scruff
    Free Member

I preferred it when it was 2 pages in a magazine.

Edukator
    Free Member

The only clickable thing on that page is “accept”. I don’t so I won’t be using your site CRC (or that bit of it anyhow). Let me untick a few boxes and I might. It’s very obvious CRC is a British company and Britain seems to have decided not to comply with EU directives on having a “proceed without agreeing to cookies” button.

Ever tried chatting with their customer service?

The woman that answered the last time I had a problem to sort out was delightful and sent me replacement bits on the basis of a photo before I’d sent the originals back. If you phone from France you get service in French.

argee

Shop bit is still the same, nobody really hunts out the hub part of the website anyway, so no real change, as for CRC, haven’t had a problem with them, but over the last 2 or 3 years i’ve not really used them, the limited stock and lack of deals on normal stuff has meant i’ve used a few other shops or online stores, which i guess is quite widespread as they’re getting into a lot more things that move away from the stack them high, sell them cheap model of a few years back.

desperatebicycle

Strange that the #nextchapter or whatever it is doesn’t include CRC and Wiggle coming under one brand. Still a bit of a mess all that.

mjsmke

It looks like a 12 year old designed it. Don’t understand the grey “i” on each line of the header. Was much better before.

aide

Oofffttt, that first link looks like Ling has got hold of their website but taken out her humour. Thankfully don’t go on the site much

Northwind

The actual shop page doesn’t feel much different to use… Different title bar. It doesn’t use teh screen space well at all for me but I’m not sure if it’s actually worse than the old one or if that’s just because I’m thinking about it.

All I’d like, is for it to stop defaulting to “show all the stuff we’ve not had in stock for a year”, or at least put “show in stock only” top and centre and make it more persistent. But I guess the best they can do is a slightly different blue.

dogbone

We’ve reimagined our colour palette…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Chain Reaction…’ is closed to new replies.