Viewing 13 posts - 201 through 213 (of 213 total)
  • Censorship/Free speech bugged as well?
  • slowster
    Free Member

Your comments, slowster, certainly upset me far more.

Rachel, I have apologised for what I said. The thread has moved on, but I think that the perception of me/what I posted previously would distract from the substance of any further posts I might make, so under the circumstances I will not post any further on this thread.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

there is – humans are a race.  The fact that someone is black or white is irrelevant

You racist, you. 😀

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/dani-bostick/how-colorblindness-is-act_b_10886176.html

It’s saying something when Ninfan appears to be more progressive than the rest of you.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

therefore we are all the one “race”

And yet there is racism. Denying that race – or sex – matters doesn’t help the victims of racism or sexism, it merely justifies the removal of protection against such discrimination.

poah
    Free Member

And yet there is racism. Denying that race – or sex – matters doesn’t help the victims of racism or sexism, it merely justifies the removal of protection against such discrimination

people are morons though which is why there is that protection.  I don’t care if you are black, white, yellow, have sexual organs on the inside or think that a god(s) made the universe.

poah
    Free Member

Point of order…that’s not quite historically accurate, otherwise, as you were

?  we belong to the family Hominidae, Genus Homo, Species H. sapiens  There are no subspecies within that group.

colournoise

English is a wonderful language. It is just possible that words can have more than one meaning, depending on context…

nickc

Genus Homo

this is the bit that makes us Human Beings, there are at least 2 archaic sub-species of Sap.   Racist 🙂

poah
    Free Member

this is the bit that makes us Human Beings, there are at least 2 archaic sub-species of Sap

nothing concreate to suggest H.ss or H.si are a subspecies of h.s.  However, given they are extinct the point is moot

I’m not an anthropologist so don’t have to deal with these taxonomy issues.

jimjam
    Free Member

Poah

And yet there is racism. Denying that race – or sex – matters doesn’t help the victims of racism or sexism, it merely justifies the removal of protection against such discrimination

people are morons though which is why there is that protection.  I don’t care if….

So since we’re all one race there’s absolutely no reason why Rachel Dolezal can’t identify as black right? In fact anyone could be able to identify as any race, ethnicity or culture they desire regardless of parentage or genetics. The downside might be if people born to white parents start to use their black identity as a means to sue for racial discrimination, just for example.

By insisting there’s no such thing as race you’re negating protections afforded to actual racial or ethnic minorities against discrimination. At best you’re just swapping “racists” for ethnicists which is a difference without a distinction.

By removing race you make all distinctions cultural, therefore any cultural distinction becomes racist.

poah
    Free Member

So since we’re all one race there’s absolutely no reason why Rachel Dolezal can’t identify as black right? In fact anyone could be able to identify as any race, ethnicity or culture they desire regardless of parentage or genetics. The downside might be if people born to white parents start to use their black identity as a means to sue for racial discrimination, just for example.

By insisting there’s no such thing as race you’re negating protections afforded to actual racial or ethnic minorities against discrimination. At best you’re just swapping “racists” for ethnicists which is a difference without a distinction.

By removing race you make all distinctions cultural, therefore any cultural distinction becomes racist.

do you need some TP for all that verbal diarrhoea?  difference between me and a black person is that their skin makes more melanin than mine. The colour of your skin has bugger all to do with cultural background.  My mum had blond hair, blue eyes and pale skin but her cultural background is Indian as she was born and brought up in Calcutta. Saying there is no such thing as race I am equalising everybody, if you put people in to races you are making them different when they are not.

jimjam
    Free Member

poah

difference between me and a black person is that their skin makes more melanin than mine.

That sounds pretty racist. I thought you said we we all one race, now you’re saying there are differences. What determines these differences?

The colour of your skin has bugger all to do with cultural background.

So if Rachel Dolezal identifies as black she’s black and it was racist of the National Association for the advancement of people of colour to sack her on racial grounds. Correct?

Saying there is no such thing as race I am equalising everybody, if you put people in to races you are making them different when they are not.

Amazing. Well done equalising everyone. Congratulations. What were you saying about diarrhoea again?

ninfan
    Free Member

Saying there is no such thing as race I am equalising everybody, if you put people in to races you are making them different when they are not.

Brilliant – you appear to have solved discrimination of people on the basis of skin colour or cultural background in one fell swoop by eliminating the concept of race. Where should we post your Nobel prize?

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Saying there is no such thing as race I am equalising everybody

No you’re just denying victims of racism the language they need to describe – and challenge – their oppression

Viewing 13 posts - 201 through 213 (of 213 total)

The topic ‘Censorship/Free speech bugged as well?’ is closed to new replies.