Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cellar storage/workshop access – how is yours arranged?
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

So Cellar is large ish – about 5m x 5m, height is just about 190cm

It has some shelves on one side

I am trying to organise better but looking for some kind of storage / work bench that i can build up down there as the steps/access is hard!

Any pics of cellars/garages and especially tool wall/storage ideas welcome

Wall mounting bikes would be cool but height is prohibitive if both wheels on so maybe front wheel out?

Alex

Wall storage: £15 hangers. A couple ‘widened’ to take fatter tyres. Set at different heights to stop bars interfering.
    Workbench, built in Situ, mostly from a end/damaged piece of kitchen top bought from local howdens I think.
    Storage, some under the bench, baskets for most clothes, old standalone cabinet for jackets, etc. Bought a couple of Halfords storage units when they were on offer which hold some tools, sockets, etc. Tool Wall has the bits I use most often
    Rest of the crap on the little mez above the bikes but you might struggle there with 190cm.

r

windydave13
    Free Member

So much envy for your dry clean cellar with head height!! Mine is a damp mess with only about 150cm height so i have to bend to get in there.

One day, maybe one day it will be clean and less damp

Alex

Out of shot, the roof needs fixing 🙂 The height is good tho, it’s great to file stuff I ‘might need one day’ in a place I can get at.

joebristol

In terms of workbench you could get some cheap laminate kitchen worktop and some timber and build up your own bench down there.

I actually picked up a wooden fire door from gumtree for a tenner and used that as a workbench top (really strong as it as solid door and really heavy) and built up legs for it and a bracing shelf underneath it which also fits most of the power tools I’ve got on it. Total cost wasn’t much at all – maybe £30.

oikeith

How many bikes? I have 3 bikes and it took up less space to hang two of them from the ceiling with hooks for bars and seat then have one on a crank axle stand. This set up means they protude as wide as the bars. If I’d hung by front wheel they’d have protuded by either height from floor to bars or to saddle which was more.

I’d look on gumtree/facebook or ask any tradies if they are taking out any kitchens soon, grab a couple of units to fix to the wall. If you’re lucky may come with a worktop if not buy a cheap one from B&Q, Wickes, Howdens etc. Fixing just needs some rawl plugs then a selection of 30,40 and 50mm screws for fitting.

Bikes

units

Ive tried adding pictures, god knows if its going to work…

iamanobody
    Free Member

Bikes – up to six

joshvegas
    Free Member

My basement is organised in chronological order.

ifindoubtflatout
    Free Member

I was in the same boat as you until 2 years ago. I cleaned my cellar out and painted the walls with rubber damp paint and the floor with rubber floor paint….best thing Ive ever done!! I skip ratted a kitchen worktop and made myself a work bench. I now have room for 3 bikes, a rowing machine, freeze, dryer and all my camping gear in a 14ft by 14ft cellar with a 6ft ceiling height.

thols2

Pizza delivery guy finds a surprise waiting down in the basement.

jkomo

We got loads of BIG racking units from a company that also do heavy duty work benches. Slot together type jobbies, they are pretty sturdy if a little shit looking,
    ‘Big Doug’ I think they’re called.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cellar storage/workshop access – how is yours arranged?’ is closed to new replies.