Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 208 total)
  • CCDB Inline
  • poah
    Free Member

brown paper with TFtuned tape round it. nothing fancy about it

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m teetering on the brink and I think I’m gonna fall.

Anyone used one with a Pike (ideally on a 4-bar bike)? Wonder if they make a good match?

honourablegeorge

matther01 – Member
    Just away home from work to open mine and fit it. Apparently the wife say “it came in a cool parcel.” No idea what that means?!

It means “I deserve something shiny too”

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I have no need for this shock.

With my lack of ability I doubt I will notice the difference between this and my ctd.

I should be spending money on real life items.

I don’t need one.

Please someone say it’s rubbish.

fathomer

chakaping – Member

I’m somehow managing to stay strong but not sure how long it’s going to last!

chakaping
    Free Member

Done it.

🙂

bungalistic
    Free Member

You’re worse than me chakaping come to the lakes to test it out

chakaping
    Free Member

As soon as the opportunity presents itself, I plan on doing just that.

matther01
    Free Member

George – it was wrapped in pictures of shoes from a magazine…I’ve gotten the not so subtle hint!

Its also taken my ten mins just to get the bloody zip ties of the shock ends without damaging anything…grrr

julians
    Free Member

is it just me, or does the ccdb inline look like Mr Spoon?

Mr spoon

A ccdb Inline

merynella
    Free Member

Perhaps Mr Spoon was one of the prototypes. 3D printing and all that.

Northwind

Cheers Mr Draper

poah
    Free Member

chakaping – Member

Anyone used one with a Pike (ideally on a 4-bar bike)? Wonder if they make a good match?

I believe they do 😀

davosaurusrex

Nnnnngh, all the reviews are glowing, I don’t need to run high pressures and it’ll be under warranty anyway, right? Right?!

poah
    Free Member

I’ve wrote a small first ride review of the shock. Pretty impressed with it so far.

http://wp.me/p4HYH0-1t

Candodavid
    Free Member

Mine arrived today for SC Tallboy, anyone want a pretty much like new Fox CTD 200 x 50?

vonplatz
    Free Member

Nice write up Poah.

chakaping
    Free Member

😀

sv

Sarah quality checked mine 😉

matther01
    Free Member

Poah – good write up. Fitted and rode my 190×50 today but single pivot.

All I can say is that it is far better than CTD that it replaced on my 26″ Bandit. Very little peddle bob on the ups and small bump sensivity is maintained but not at the expense of bigger hits.

170psi was far too much as recommended by TF for my 75kg. Sitting at 160ish now.

Strange…I started off at 170, but mid ride stopped and checked…but was 150? Hope I don’t have a leaky one. Will check again tomorrow.

So far so good though. Will be tweaking a little at a time though.

chakaping
    Free Member

Mine’s on the bike but I’ve got to finish building the thing up before I can test it out.

Feels lovely to bounce up and down on though.

poah
    Free Member

negative air spring – so have to check after you pump it up.

brant
    Free Member
    davosaurusrex

Any of the recent purchasers other than poah got a ride or two in yet? Let’s hear some more first impressions then!

ajantom

Yes, see page 1 for my initial impression.
    I’ve been on a few more rides, and it’s just working really well so far 🙂
    The climb switch works very well. It makes a massive difference to the climbing performance of my DMR Bolt. The Bolt has a bb pivot, and with the old shock it would bob quite horribly on the flat and up-hill unless I put on the lockout, but with the CS on it climbs extremely well.
    In general it just feels like it copes with small stuff a lot better (previous shock was an X-Fusion) especially over rutty/rooty stuff. On bigger stuff the travel feels kind of bottomless. I keep feeling like I should add more air, as it almost feels like I’m blowing through the travel. However, when I checked the shock after a doing some largish drops the o-ring was not quite at full travel – a couple of mm off. I might have a fiddle with the fast compression setting, add a couple clicks to make it resist bottoming.
    I haven’t had a proper play with all the settings yet. The base tune from TF Tuning seems good so far. I did add in an extra 10 psi (160 up to 170), and I’m going to add a couple of clicks onto the high speed compression, and maybe firm up the low speed rebound.

RickDraper
    Free Member

I have a few rides on mine now. Its on a Solo C and I am delighted with it. Its a lot plusher over the small stuff and gives so much traction when climbing. I do ride the Solo quite hard and I have been messing around with the HSC a bit as I feel I am using a bit too much travel most of the time. I added another turn of HSC but it changed the way it rode over 75% of the trail and did not stop it using a bit too much travel. I have now fitted a volume spacer and returned the HSC to where I had it so I am going to give that a go.

It actually made my Nomads DBA CS tune feel terrible so I have started messing with that. I got that already setup and thought it felt ok but on riding the inline on the solo it felt far better in every respect!. I got the inline with no tune on it and have set too myself setting it up.

kayak23

matther01 – Member 

Strange…I started off at 170, but mid ride stopped and checked…but was 150? Hope I don’t have a leaky one. Will check again tomorrow.

You can’t attach a shock pump without losing a bit of pressure. It won’t read the same when you attach it as when you took it off…

chakaping
    Free Member

First impressions very good here too. Only one ride but it was 3hrs of varied terrain around Rivington.

Feels very controlled, pedals well (especially with CS on), soaks up the bumps without a hint of bob.

Maybe need a bit less pressure as I wasn’t getting full travel (130mm), but felt like I was bottoming out on the bigger hits.

deadkenny
    Free Member

So CC fit guide offers the Inline for my Nomad Mk2 as an option, bit I’m wondering if it’s a bit under spec for it as the Nomad is a 160 frame but it’s marked as for 120-150 frames, plus supposed to be for bikes that won’t take the full DBAir with piggyback but the Nomad will.

The thing that attracts me to it though is the price and weight. I’m more of a trail to AM rider than a DHer, more down than up but do pedal.

I see CC say the full piggyback DBAir has to be the XV can for the Nomad. Is that still comparable to the Inline.

On the pedalling, is the CS of much benefit on a VPP platform? My current RP23 seems to make very little difference with propedal or not, and I think the VPP makes it nice to pedal anyway.

RickDraper
    Free Member

If you run a RP23 now on the Nomad then the Inline should be fine. It has a larger oil volume than the fox so will keep the oil a little cooler. The inline gas quite a big air chamber on it but probably not XV size on a DB.

I have a DBA CS on a Nomad and a Inline on a Solo and you can feel the climb switch stiffen the shock while climbing and make them both a bit more efficient climbing.

If I was you though I’d probably buy a DBA CS, just in case you decide to ride some different stuff.

chakaping
    Free Member

Done a big day in the Lakes on mine now – rode Sticks Pass and then up again and over Helvellyn to the Dollywagon and Grisedale descent, plus Boredale Hause and Ullswater singletrack.

Very, very impressed with the shock, it never seems to lose it’s composure and just lets you get on with worrying about your line choice.

Surprised to find I’d got the Strava KOM for the techy descent from Grisedale tarn to the bridge – and I’d be willing to share a little bit of the credit for that with the CCDB.

😉

poah
    Free Member

what has really impressed me it the climbing with the CS on. I’m going to fit a volume spacer to ramp up the end stroke as like the poster above I added more HSC but it made the ride worse for the most part.

kendo954
    Free Member

iv just read through most of this as im picking a shock for my new rune i have on order.

Im not long off the phone with tftuned then found this thread.

I was told for what i am wanting to do on the rune (160 rear travel) the inline would be great, im about 90/92 kitted up with 2 litres of water in the backpack, they done a quick spring check and reckoned about 185 psi would be plenty.

the main thing that swayed me towards the inline rather than the dbair cs is they explained the inline when the cs is on is much firmer than the dbair cs, this is a big plus for me as i like to pedal up.
    (obviously not a lock out but he explained it as being 7/10 and the dbair cs being 3/10)

i do a few uplifts days and was told the inline would cope fine with the bigger hits and the likes of the dh trails at inners fine.

Also i think the problem with heavier riders is more guys running 240/250 psi in them

Sui
    Free Member

Hold on I’m sure I read that tft, said that anyone over the 80kg Mark, the inline was not suitable! I have the non inline btw, awesome shock. My friend has the inline on his hdr and its making some funny noises and not getting its full travel.

chiefgrooveguru

the main thing that swayed me towards the inline rather than the dbair cs is they explained the inline when the cs is on is much firmer than the dbair cs, this is a big plus for me as i like to pedal up.

I’ve been riding a Spitfire with CCDBA-CS since Feb and I pretty much only flick the climb switch on to alleviate the boredom when I’m on the road – the KS-link pedals so well it doesn’t need any help from the damper. And that’s running 28% sag, 1×10 34t 11-36 and 27.5 wheels so it’s fairly high geared and I stand up to pedal a lot. I’m about 80kg and the shock’s at about 150psi.

kendo954
    Free Member

Sui – have a read here

tftunedshox – Member
    Hi Guys

We just wanted to give you a further update from the earlier thread http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ccdb-inline-3/page/2 where we were discussing the new DBinlines.

We think the DBinline is a great shock for the money (£360 including mount hardware when you buy from us) and in our view, at this price point, it’s the best inline shock on the market at the moment. We mentioned before that we’ve had some issues with the high speed rebound damping on these shocks (not as much HSR as we’d like) when running the higher pressures that some heavier riders/ some bike leverage ratios require.

We’ve spent more time with these shocks both in the workshop and on the bike and we now think that the lack of HSR damping only really becomes an issue at pressures around the 230 psi mark (which is slightly higher than our earlier comments suggested). However, we have also spoken to riders whose individual ride preferences/ bike set up mean that they are personally happy with how the shock runs at higher pressures.

At TF we want all our customers to have a good suspension experience and so depending on their individual circumstances we would sometimes recommend alternative shocks (e.g. the DB Air or Float X), taking into account the differing intended use and the higher cost of these alternatives.

We are always happy to advise on the phone, so if you are unsure, or just want to chat through the options for you/ your bike then please call us 01373 826800

Cheers, TFT

Sui
    Free Member

oh, didn’t see that. 230psi is bloody high, i run my (non-inline) at around 150psi, Do the inlines run at generally higher pressures and or do you get this with certain linkage types?

kendo954
    Free Member

iv got a good deal on the dbair cs so bit the bullet and went for it….

so new frame and shock due in around 3 weeks …… :o)

davosaurusrex

More feedback please Ladies and Gents! My bike is in bits so seems like a good time to buy. Properly lame justification, I know.

davosaurusrex

Bump for the morning crowd

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 208 total)

The topic ‘CCDB Inline’ is closed to new replies.