Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 208 total)
  • CCDB Inline
  • RickDraper
    Free Member

Suck LOL Such even!

reedspeed
    Free Member

How much are they in the states ?,I’m
    Goin at the weekend !..

RickDraper
    Free Member

£260ish.

Northwind

kayak23 – Member

The inline does seem like a great shock, but the piggyback version looks dead manly so I’m happy not to have waited

Have to be honest, this is what puts me off. The CCDB Air looks badass, the Inline looks ridiculous. I think I’d have ordered one already, otherwise.

Early puff pieces suggested the “head” was rotatable, so instead of having the controls sticking out the side like prince charles’ ears, you could have it all nicely turned to one side. Better access for the CS lever too. Anyone know if that made it into the real world?

blacka01
    Free Member

Any other ‘big lads’ get a call from TF suggesting that this shock won’t work for them? I did, apparently the rebound damping isn’t up to the job above about 180 PSI. At 16 stone and normally running 220 PSI in my Float CTD I was advised to cancel my order – which I did. Disappointed, especially hearing all this good feedback.

obiwankenobi
    Free Member

I was advised this too. I weigh 85kgs and was told that 80kgs was the cut off that they would happily sell an inline. Changed order to ccdb air.

matther01
    Free Member

^^^ didn’t know about the 80kg thing…best not be putting too much weight on then!

Was thinking of ccdb air cs…but thought it was a bit overkill on 130mm bandit. Plus its £100 cheaper.

poah
    Free Member

ha I’m 80kg that kinda worries me.

numbnut
    Free Member

I had the phone call last week (I’m about 85kg) and I was grateful for not being sold something that might not be suitable.
    I sourced a used CTD Kashima shock and i’ll be getting this Pushed instead.

kayak23

The ccdba cs is great. You bigger gentlemen should consider that.

sv

I was advised this too. I weigh 85kgs and was told that 80kgs was the cut off that they would happily sell an inline. Changed order to ccdb air

Oh ffs, good price too grrr.

Northwind

Well if anyone finds themselves with a 200×57 they’re too heavy for… 😉

(that is really pretty low isn’t it, kind of shocked at that)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

80k? I’ll need to cut a bloody leg off!. :mrgreen: 😳

GolfChick
    Free Member

About 5 rides or so into mine and it really is a fab shock that walks all over the stock CTD that came on my bronson. Fast descents on my regular loop before that felt like it was really at edge of fox’s control just feels so controlled now. Really smooths everything out but not in a numb way, great traction as well over some lumpy across ways trails that we ride. My only issue with it that tftuned say is normal is an initial lump you can feel in the shock. Apparently all cane creeks do it yet the OH has the db air cs and you cant feel it at all! Might consider sending it back if it plagues me but as I cant feel it when i ride and can only feel it when settling into the sag I may just ignore it and follow their advice.

Shandy
    Free Member

I rang this morning to check availability – all I was asked was the psi of my existing shock. I might have to give them a ring back.

davosaurusrex

Hmmm, I weigh around 85kg but only run around 160psi in my shock, might have to give tf a call

Shandy
    Free Member

TF Tuned were very helpful on the phone. If you have any doubts about the suitability of the shock just give them a call for some expert advice!

twelveski
    Free Member

It’s the PSI you normally run that is the problem. Anything around or over 200psi and it’s not currently going to work. I weigh over 80kg but only run 170 in my current Monach and have been told this is fine. Should receive it tomorrow 🙂

poah
    Free Member

Juat off the phone about mine – only run 150 psi in my monarch plus, so with my weight and bike it should be fine. shock will be arriving tomorrow and I bet it will come when I go to get the kids at school lol

fathomer

Stop posting all this praise, I must resist 😀

tftunedshox
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

Just to give you an update on the DBinlines. We have more sizes in stock now (216×63, 200×57, 200×50 & 190×50. They are a great looking shock and having prepped and sent out over 30 units (including lots of local riding on our in-house demo shock!) we can safely say that Cane Creek have produced another great piece of suspension at a really competitive price point for the trail/ enduro market.

Those of you that have spoken to us about your orders will be aware that certain combinations of rider weight/ suspension design requiring air pressures over 200psi do not allow the high speed rebound damping to work as effectively as we would like it to. If you currently run around 200psi in your shock then you may fall into this category.

We’ve spoken to the technical guys at Cane Creek and they are in the process of sending us some additional parts which will allow us improve the tune of the DBinlines at higher pressures. In the meantime if you have questions about an existing order, or want some advice as you are thinking about ordering an Inline, then please do call us.

Cheers TFT

Shackleton

@Northwind

Early puff pieces suggested the “head” was rotatable, so instead of having the controls sticking out the side like prince charles’ ears, you could have it all nicely turned to one side. Better access for the CS lever too. Anyone know if that made it into the real world?

I seem to remember that this was touted as an option for OEM shocks to provide better accessibility but after market shocks would be fixed in the normal position. Neither version could be moved from its factory set position. I also think that the OEM versions could have the CS tuned to different levels depending on he bike but again after market would be whatever the factory tune was. But this is from memory so may not be entirely correct.

Northwind

Ah, that rings some bells Shackleton. Shame, it’d work better in my bike at rightangles I think. Cheers!

Goldigger
    Free Member

Weighing 100kg kitted up counts me out on the dB inline then? Was going to get a rockshox rc3 plus debonair.. But no stock.. Looks like its the CCDB air CS. Only thing I don’t like is the weight..

Shame as I thought the dB inline would have solved that minor issue.

LeeW

Weighing 100kg kitted up counts me out on the dB inline then? Was going to get a rockshox rc3 plus debonair.. But no stock.. Looks like its the CCDB air CS. Only thing I don’t like is the weight..

Shame as I thought the dB inline would have solved that minor issue.

I think the answers are above, it depends on what pressure you run in your shock.

Goldigger
    Free Member

LeeW

My CTD on my anthem from tftuned is running 250psi..

For my new orange build I don’t know what pressure I’ll be running the shock at.. Its not been ridden yet.

davosaurusrex

TF may not thank me for posting this but I spoke to them earlier, not going to say who to. Guy reckoned that the inline would be subject to some significant revisions and that he wasn’t convinced by it yet, he thought the fact that it can’t cope with higher pressures indicates that it hasn’t had enough testing. He recommended waiting for gen 2 and that I would be better off having my 2012 adaptive logic rp23 pushed with boost valve removed. Think I’m going to wait and consider my options for a bit.

daveh
    Free Member

Is there a similar limitation on the normal dbair? Obviously not as low as 200psi, but 250 for example?

matther01
    Free Member

3 years in the making and not enough testing?

davosaurusrex

I’m only going on what he said but the fact that the damping can’t cope with high pressures seems a bit telling. Or maybe they know they’ll sell as many as they can get in at the moment and are trying to steer some people to other profit makers, higher margin on a push tune perhaps? Hard to know but the guy seemed genuine, obviously a keen rider.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

80kg weight limit is really low – I’m 6’5″ but skinny as hell but over 80 kg in kit with camelbak

sv

Ordered one earlier (typical!), over 80kilos but shock runs lower than 200psi so we will see. Bit of beta testing never did anyone any harm…

Expect the ‘it’s blown up and taken the nursery school/village hall/local creche with it’ story next week/month 🙂

pedlad

bit worrying as I have a frame set on order with this shock supplied by the manufacturer I think. I’m just over this weight and whilst I run a rp23 at 160psi now that’s irrelevant as sag will need to be set relevant to this frame and this shock. So who knows what pressure I’ll need until it arrives.

I’ve not seen any such reports on mtbr or any other yankie sites and they’ve been shipping DBinlines a while and dare I say will probably have their fair share of larger bikers?

RickDraper
    Free Member

Also what about manufacturers speccing them on bikes, Canyon, Specialized etc. Would they move to Cane Creek shocks if they thought they had a pup on there hands?

Northwind

TBH it could easily be TF’s high standards- let’s be honest, tons of people will sling an expensive shock on and never even really bother to set it up right, let alone worry about whether the damping works well for their weight.

blacka01
    Free Member

Not enough rebound damping is a pretty vicious vice for a rear shock to posess though – in terms of being launched over the bars potential!

poah
    Free Member

mine arrived – drive way test after setting sag is significantly smoother than the monarch plus that was on it before. will have to wait to test it later tonight.

Northwind

@poah- I wonder, could you do me a wee favour and measure the width of the head (controls end) please? This is stage 3 of “failing to talk myself out of it”

blacka01 – Member

Not enough rebound damping is a pretty vicious vice for a rear shock to posess though – in terms of being launched over the bars potential!

True that… I got the impression it just performs badly, rather than lacking damping?

RickDraper
    Free Member

@poah- I wonder, could you do me a wee favour and measure the width of the head (controls end) please? This is stage 3 of “failing to talk myself out of it”

7cm.

Here is mine on my Solo:

matther01
    Free Member

Just away home from work to open mine and fit it. Apparently the wife say “it came in a cool parcel.” No idea what that means?!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 208 total)

The topic ‘CCDB Inline’ is closed to new replies.