Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 208 total)
  • CCDB Inline
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Erm, it’s still excellent.

Is there anything specific you wanted to know?

davosaurusrex

Any reliability problems? Also initial feedback was consistently excellent but a few people said they were still tinkering, wondering if performance had improved for anyone as a result?

hairyscary

Mine died after two months (compression and rebound screeching). TFTuned were excellent and sent me a replacement the same day.

richwales

Any reliability problems? Also initial feedback was consistently excellent but a few people said they were still tinkering, wondering if performance had improved for anyone as a result?

Base settings pretty close for me from tftuned. Avoid using a muddy night ride to fine tune the settings as the adjusters are easily rounded with a slightly wonky placement of the 3mm Allen key 😳 when it’s set up it’s great, calms the rear of the pike and make pikes feel so-so

chakaping
    Free Member

Might just need to back off the HSC on mine a bit, had a couple of tyres holed and the rear can feel a touch harsh when smashing down rocky descents.

But then it is on a 130mm bike so I shouldn’t expect miracles I suppose.

pedlad

Love mine, as above very controlled. It can feel underwhelming on the car park test (mentioned by a few mates as sluggish compared to their fox ctds) then I just leave them for dead on anything rocky/roots! 😀 Just reduced HSR damping by a click from the supplied tune to give a little more pop.

davosaurusrex

Ordered, happy christmas to me!

poah
    Free Member

mine has performed brilliantly at innerleithen DH’s

mactheknife

I was a bit sceptical at first, i thought that too much tunability would lead to confusion and a fair degree of f##king it up. But i took my time following the instructions that came with the shock and in the process learned a fair bit about what i like and how to achieve it.

Fantastic shock and absolutely brilliant service from TFTuned when the first one developed an oil leak 2 days before a race. They sent me out another next day delivery and i sent the faulty one back a few days later.

chakaping
    Free Member

Ordered, happy christmas to me!

Good work, you’re in for a treat if you’ve not ridden a CCDB before.

🙂

bruneep

Mine going back tomorrow 🙁

Keeps leaking air could be dry seals they said. If it is not impressed as I was told it would be stripped down and all seals checked prior to sending out to me.

Ho hum

bruneep

New replacement shock on its way to me tomorrow.

matther01
    Free Member

Will be checking the psi again tomorrow before sending mine back.

singlesteed
    Free Member

All this does not sound good, was going to invest for my 130mm rig but may just keep the RPL.

How are folk finding the rebound adjust and general performance over Fox if you could sum it up briefly?

bruneep

Still a great shock way better than my fox, if it could only hold the air. Hopefully the replacement will sort that out.

merynella
    Free Member

Mine’s holding its air fine, after three months.

breninbeener

I have seen pics of this shock mounted upsidedown on Cube Stereo 160 HPC. However CC dont list it as a fit, but do now list a base tune. Im aware that people have gently filed the aircan to aid clearance, and yet others have used offset bushes at 90 degrees to generate a few mm clearance. Has anyone on here done it? Or got a ride buddy who has?

Id love to fit one, but im scared of the £400 experiment…

SirHC

I would be concerned about the offset shock bushings staying in place, as they will naturally want to rotate into their intended position.

breninbeener

The accounts i have read either say it will fit, or they are using some grip/friction paste and a little more torque. The accounts say they havnt rotated….

UK-FLATLANDER

Running an offset bush on my 2011 5Spot, had no issues with it rotating after two weeks riding in the Alps.

breninbeener

The accounts i have read either say it will fit, or they are using some grip/friction paste and a little more torque. The accounts say they havnt rotated….

sailor74
    Free Member

mine started playing up after a couple of rides and got progressively worse. High speed rebound way too fast, and shock sounding like a budgie chirping down the trail.
    Bike is now back in the shop, 2.5 weeks and counting with no sign or clue as to how long this is going to take.
    Still at least i got to ride it a few times, had it 3 weeks before taking it back.
    On another note i ordered some handlebars at the same time, that was 5.5 weeks ago….no sign of them turning up either!

jonk

Had one on my orange Gyro for 2 months now and around 1000 miles. Amazing shock but unfortunately its started to squeak like mad on a fast compression and rebound. Not too impressed after 2 months use.

wiggles
    Free Member

I know someone who has gone through 1 per ride on their new bike (3 so far)… all replaced under warranty but still not very impressive.

sailor74
    Free Member

there does seem to be issues, i was told mine was a ‘common problem’. Not sure how they have fared after being repaired, I’m a little concerned about repetitive problems, especially as it looks like its going to be at least 3 to 4 weeks turnaround time.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

My first one lasted 2 rides before it dumped all its oil out of itself.

The second maybe 4/5, before it started knocking about 40% into its travel.

I never round to a third. The Vivid Air that replaced it though, is amazing 🙂

RickDraper
    Free Member

Mine has a noticeable step in the first portion of travel. CC claim its the negative spring equalising, it never did it in the past…….

mactheknife

Well mine is working just fine, the first one was a dud but replaced pronto by Tf Tuned. The 2nd has taken a right battering and is still faultless. Amazing shock 🙂

joefm

Mine died, a negative seal flipped meaning that air escaped into the negative champer and wouldnt pump up.
    Specialized replaced it immeadiatley with a Monarch as they can’t fix them and its obviously a known issue.

Shame as the shock worked really nice. But with 90 parts or whatever it was never lasting.

honourablegeorge

joefm – Member

Specialized replaced it immeadiatley with a Monarch as they can’t fix them and its obviously a known issue.

Not sure I’d be all that happy at having me expensive shock replaced with a much cheaper one. Did they refund you?

sailor74
    Free Member

I’m probably going to take the plunge and get an Ohlins TTX to replace the DB inline on my enduro. The DB inline felt like it had potential but I’m concerned over reliability and i felt like i was always trying to make it work for me rather than it simply feeling great. This was clearly down to whatever the problem was/is with mine but i want something i can rely on.

Sui
    Free Member

For those that have felt a “step” in the first part of the shock, have you tried it with the chain off? I mentioned this before by my spitty has a good amount of chain growth which plays havoc with clutch mechs and gives a distinct feeling of resistance..

sailor74
    Free Member

mine has the step also. cane creek said it was normal and caused by the negative air spring. Thing is it didn’t do it at first, not until after the shock had been removed and some more volume spacers added.

poah
    Free Member

Thing is it didn’t do it at first, not until after the shock had been removed and some more volume spacers added

mine too, I think it has to do with the position of the reducers inside the air can

chakaping
    Free Member

I did a review of my Inline and Cane Creek later got in touch with a comment on the reliability issues, just thought I’d share as I expect some fellow owners may be interested…

Review: Cane Creek DBinline

Scroll to the bottom for the CC quote if you don’t wanna read all my guff.

teethgrinder

Sent mine to TF as it started knocking badly, even with the clutch mech off and there’s no spacers in the air can.

teethgrinder

Update. It’s on its way back with an uprated bladder as the old one failed.

mactheknife

Fair one that they could actually be bothered to respond to your blog. A lot of companies would not gove a s**t.

My first Inline died within a week when oil started leaking out the rebound adjuster. TF Tuned worked some magic and sent me another ASAP as i was racing a few days later. The second one has been absolutely faultless. It has taken some serious abuse and is still going strong.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Have they updated the internals on these shocks since they were first released then?

bruneep

After 1 replacement and 1 rebuilt by tf I gave up and sold it.

I guess we were just beta testing for CC, shame really as I wanted to like the shock.

Now have a FS with BOS f&r so much better.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 208 total)

The topic ‘CCDB Inline’ is closed to new replies.