Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 208 total)
  • CCDB Inline
  • scaled
    Free Member

Waaaaaa HOW GOOD IS IT?! I hear you asking, It’s amazing, simply amazing.

I was skeptical about the climb switch, it’s great, I don’t understand how it’s working but compared to the RT3 it replaced the pedal platform is errr, i’m going to run out of superlatives if I carry on. It’s completely alien to me to be able to stand up and pedal on my Mega, but it works. Seated pedaling is again improved past any expectations.

Descending, well 😀 the rear of the bike is ridiculously tight now. It’s bottomless, I used 95% of the travel blasting round Llandgela and was landing some stuff pretty bloody wonky but never felt it bottoming out (which happened on the RT3 even when running <25% sag) Jumps were simply hilarious, I had to really pump the front to make sure I didn’t nose dive every landing as the back was just popping off things. It’s like a new bike, so much fun.

I can’t wait to give it a blast round winter hill tomorrow on some proper rocks 😀

Crafty edit – Thank you to TF tuned for the setup

julians
    Free Member

I had to really pump the front to make sure I didn’t nose dive every landing as the back was just popping off things. 

Rebound damping on the ccdb inline set too fast?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Nukeproof Mega? Which model? Got a 2012 with new Pikes and been eyeing the inline up since the air can is scored on my RT3.

scaled
    Free Member

I’m absolutely happy with the rebound damping, i’m just so used to the treacle rebound of the RT3. The first few jumps were a bit sketchy then ‘Wahooooooo!!!!!’

I was laughing like a loon

Oh, and yes, it’s a 2012 Mega, I can’t recommend it enough.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Damn you, damn you….I already spent most of last week staring at tftuned website willing myself not to buy one!!!

scaled
    Free Member

I’d apologise but I’m actually doing you a favour. Buy one, now!

The fact TF will set it all up for you, to within 1-2 clicks of where you’ll probably want it is a massive bonus

tftunedshox
    Free Member

Crafty edit – Thank you to TF tuned for the setup

Our pleasure 😀

chiefgrooveguru

I have the piggyback version and it’s brilliant! I might speed the HSR up again – I added some more damping to calm the bike down on the big tables at BPW but I could do with some more pop for the lower speed doubles around here…

ajantom

Yup, thanks to TFT for the fast turn around 🙂
    Mine’s fitted, just need to get out and ride it now.

ajantom

My word, that works well! 8)

Just went out for a blast on my local loop that incorporates very steep & loose uphills, gravelly downs, a couple of boardwalk sections, steps, woody singletrack and a jumpy downhill track.

The climb switch seems to be a form of witchcraft! You can still see it moving, and when left on for a downhill you get full travel, but it’s turned my BB pivoted bike into something you can happily mash the pedals on uphill without wallowing around like a jelly on springs. The CS is adjustable in its range, not just on/off. So you can fiddle with how you want it on flat for example.

Turned on for the downs, the shock seems to feel a lot ‘plusher’ than the X-fusion it replaced. Felt very smooth over chattery roots and large gravel/rocks. The set-up by TF Tuned seems spot on so far, but I added an extra 10psi, as it felt a bit soft on the first downhill.

In a very scientific comparison, I looked at my times on Strava, and on one downhill/singletrack section of about 5 mins in length I equalled my best time, even having to stop for a dog walker. On a jumpy downhill trail I bettered my previous best time by over 15 seconds (1.35 down to 1.19!).

Only time will tell, but so far it seems to be working great 😀

matther01
    Free Member

Are all sizes now in stock? Pre-ordered one but no news yet 🙁

GolfChick
    Free Member

you’re all bad influences, mine arrives tomorrow!

pedlad

Good to hear some positive real world experiences at last. Ive had one on order as part of a frame and fork package for a while. Looking forward to it now!

tftunedshox
    Free Member

Are all sizes now in stock? Pre-ordered one but no news yet

No. DBinlines are shipping in ‘size batches’ 200x57s were the first to arrive, nearly all sold now from our first drop. Other size batches are to follow over the next couple of weeks – as soon as we know which sizes are next we’ll let you know.

HTHs 🙂

matther01
    Free Member

Yippee 🙂

scaled
    Free Member

Phew, I was lucky then!

Ok so a bit more of an update on the climb switch. I’m renaming it to the ‘bloody stupid switch’ I turn it on and just go and do bloody stupid things 😀

Just for giggles I took the Mega round Clayton Vale. It’s twisty, really pumpy and nothing gnar at all, serious hardtail territory. I left the CS on the whole time and it was an absolute blast. Nearly ended up in the bushes off every hip 😀

I love this thing!

bruneep

My climb switch must be knackered. At the bottom of hill flipped on the CS…nothing the bike never moved at all. 😉

Very good shock tho

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I fancy one for the 66, sounds perfect.

obiwankenobi
    Free Member

Waiting on mine in 190×50 flavour. Any update on when I may receive it, tf tuned?

Rik
    Free Member

Do it Greg!!

matther01
    Free Member

Yes, update please tf…as I go holiday next week!

chopchop
    Free Member

Anyone know if these will fit on a v3 meta am?

vonplatz
    Free Member

Don’t suppose anyone has seen one of these on a liteville 301?

poah
    Free Member

obiwankenobi – Member

Waiting on mine in 190×50 flavour. Any update on when I may receive it, tf tuned?

Me too, second half of this month as a realistic date I got told when I enquired. pissing with rain anyway so not really a big deal to get it any sooner.

tftunedshox
    Free Member

Hi Guys,

Sorry you are still waiting. Last update to us was second half of August. If you are getting desperate for any reason then please call us so we know when your crucial dates are.

Cheers.

pedlad

If these are shipping why no decent online reviews (as opposed to first rides back in May ) ?

poah
    Free Member

pinkbike wrote a page on it – however, normally for a decent review you’ll want them to have spent a decent amount of time on the shock.

Gee76
    Free Member

Can someone please tell me this is pants and will do my Spider Comp no good at all… pretty please.

It’s gonna cost me an arm n a leg otherwise!!!

ajantom

They are ace and will turn the gnarr up to 11 on your enduro steed. FACT!
    They are actually very nice. Best build quality I’ve seen on a shock, and so far the ride of my Bolt has been transformed. Not in a massive way really, but in a subtle ‘ah, that’s what it needed’ kind of way.
    The CS switch works exceedingly well – a much better concept than the all or nothing lockout on my old shock.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

anyone heard anything about 165×38 availability?

cheers

poah
    Free Member

maybe try contacting tftuned for an answer

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

So, I reckon I may get 150 for a 6 month old Fox CTD, so is the inline 200 quids worth better?

Candodavid
    Free Member

Hmm, do I put one on my Tallboy Ltc?

matther01
    Free Member

My 190×50 will arrive tomorrow…yippee 🙂

Thanks Tf!!

deanfbm
    Free Member

I have the normal dbair cs, im not 100% sold on the climb switch.

It makes a lot of sense climbing, doesn’t make sense if you want a bit more efficiency on tamer stuff, ie the slowed down rebound removes some of the pop, it also upsets manuals too for some reason.

Swings and roundabouts though isn’t it.

honourablegeorge

deanfbm – Member
    I have the normal dbair cs, im not 100% sold on the climb switch.

It makes a lot of sense climbing, doesn’t make sense if you want a bit more efficiency on tamer stuff, ie the slowed down rebound removes some of the pop, it also upsets manuals too for some reason.

Swings and roundabouts though isn’t it.

Think your clue is in the name there

kayak23

I had to get a new shock, a couple of months before the DBinline was released, so I got the DB air CS.
    I think the climb switch works really well. Really notice its effect on the bike (mega 2012)

The inline does seem like a great shock, but the piggyback version looks dead manly so I’m happy not to have waited. 😉

Be interesting to read some longer term reviews on the inline after the initial purchasers have had them for a while.

poah
    Free Member

Shouldn’t be too long now, TF show the 190×50 in stock

RickDraper
    Free Member

First ride out on my Inline today and it pounds the old Float CTD Factory into the ground. Suck a lovely shock with a great controlled feel to it.

matther01
    Free Member

^^^ sounds quite sexual Rick?! Lol 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 208 total)

The topic ‘CCDB Inline’ is closed to new replies.