• This topic has 173 replies, 83 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by rob2.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 174 total)
  • CBeebies presenter with amputated lower arm
  • hora
    Free Member

I think its time for me to unleash Konnie Huq

possibly NOT safe for work

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m144/c64glen/forum/konnie_huq_medium.jpg

hora
    Free Member

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Blimey… 😯 🙂

hora
    Free Member

If I was a religious fanatic I could really hold something against her..

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Don’t make me post the Lazytown picture again….

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t make me post the Lazytown picture again….

How about the animation?

terrahawk
    Free Member

an ex-girlfriend of mine had a prosthetic arm. It was permanently in a “****” pose, if you know what I mean.

Pook

terrahawk
    Free Member

“wnaker” pose that should say

coffeeking
    Free Member

FMBs:

hora
    Free Member

You know your not gay when you look at ladies like Konnie, swallow hard and feel an animalistic urge to dry hump your desk like a Yorkshire Terrier against a plump cushion..

hora
    Free Member

Those arent FMB’s, those are WTFB’s.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Just as well that young lady’s got pants on, eh?

I don’t hold with this ‘no-pants’ trend that’s popular atm. Unseemly, vulgar, and you’ll catch your death.

coffeeking
    Free Member

They’re FMBs in my world 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

OK got it now 😛

coffeeking
    Free Member

I don’t hold with this ‘no-pants’ trend that’s popular atm. Unseemly, vulgar, and you’ll catch your death.

I have no problem with it, so long as you’re not flashing it about on purpose.

hora
    Free Member

Black tights and stylish (black) heels do it for me. Even grey woolie tights in toned legs and nice heels. Boss wore a black shortish skirt, black tights and heels once. I was conscious I was around her all day.

MoreCashThanDash

Going back to the original post – I don’t find her sexy. Now Sarah Jane, yes please. Especially the epiode of Higgledy House when she had a “Twister” duvet on the bed!

And while I understand the idea of showing disabled (is that the right term?) people in a positive light, given the number of racial minorities and disabled characters popping up on CBeebies (Balamory/Postman Pat/Fireman Sam etc) when MrsSwadey saw the new presenter she laughed and thought they were taking it too far.

MrsSwadey doesn’t have full use of her left arm and leg, btw, so sees this issue from a different perspective to most of the rest of us. She thinks CBeebies may be taking it too far.

coffeeking
    Free Member

If they’re just employing people based on their skills I’m not sure it could really be “taking it too far”, and thats more a reflection of the person viewing surely?

hora
    Free Member

Why not employer her in part due to the disability? I think its a great idea. All TV presenters seem to be perfect (in the case of Miss Huq visual perfection). Why shouldnt children grow up with the idea that you can look different and be the centre of attention etc?

Great seeing Paralympics shown once every blue moon but its almost like a closet secret at times.

matthewjb
    Free Member

CBeebies does seem to try very hard to be ‘inclusive’.

The population of Balamory seems to be unlike most small Scottish Islands.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Why shouldnt children grow up with the idea that you can look different and be the centre of attention etc?

There’s no reason they shouldn’t. But at the same time such things are fairly rare, so it shouldnt be thrust in ones face in every program. You dont get many women in engineering, but you certainly shouldnt scrape the barrel when looking for engineering employees just because they’re female etc etc

falkirk_mark
    Free Member

Paul Mcartney would not reccomend it

caledonia
    Free Member

Hora – that Yorkshire Terrier comment is one of the best posts ever on STW !

hora
    Free Member

The tag: “huq me”. Genuis, who did that one?! 😆

Caledonian, did you see my comment yesterday on the thread ‘did I do the right thing’? Shreck mentioned an Asian lad shouldered into him outside a Takeway so I said
    ‘maybe he was a Bollywood Star looking for a dance-off’?
    No one laughed 😳

Pook

huq me? c’est moi. 😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Huq’s marriage material, not really plump cushion material.

hora
    Free Member

Pook, I bow down to you.

Coffeeking, she is also coffeetable, stairs, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, garden and dinner table material..

caledonia
    Free Member

Nah I was busy yesterday so Didn’t catch that.
    But I did laff just then !

I actually phoned my brother at work and explained the thread to him and delivered your reply. He hung up on me laffing and snorting like a child ! App. he was in his office !!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Coffeeking, she is also coffeetable, stairs, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, garden and dinner table material..

Each to his own I suppose! I think I’d be more inclined to go with the FMB girl for that sequence of events!

AB
    Free Member

Threads like this are the reason I love STW.

As you were.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

No one laughed

I did!

Just a question; I haven’t seen this presenter in action, but is she actually any good at the job? I think that ought to be the only consideration here, not whether she’s got all her appendages.

If she’d good at her job, then there’s no issue. And if she wasn’t, then I doubt very much it would have anything to do with her disability.

Fine with me. There’s that BBC news bloke, who had his legs blown off in the Middle East. He’s a bloody good journo, and really clued up about his subject. Fact that he’s in a chair is neither here nor there, so I don’t see why having a person without one hand, is an issue on Ceebeebies.

takisawa2

Sarah-Jane from Higgledy-Piggledy-House…
    Now she is nice.
    I only watch it to because the kids love it. Obviously.

hora
    Free Member

Rudeboy but he was a Journo before he was shot/parralised. This is about people jumping the audition queue due to something physically ‘missing’ from them rather than something perceived extra??

BTW, I’d have loved to have Konnie visit my casting couch 8)

kelvin

All good looking women. There are some people with a strange view of women on this forum (and I don’t mean Brant).

Oh, Jo did a funny.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

Fine with me. There’s that BBC news bloke, who had his legs blown off in the Middle East. He’s a bloody good journo, and really clued up about his subject. Fact that he’s in a chair is neither here nor there,

Isn’t that a bit shite in the middle east, being as it’s full of sand?

Crew: We need to move to a different location.
    Journo: F’ck off, this seat-ting don’t roll in da sand mofo.

twinklydave

my wife thinks I’m odd…

she’s right on this one

also: tags on this thread = utter perfection.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Whatever happened to Anne off cbbc, doesn’t seem to be on it anymore 😥

I saw Sarah-Jane at a fimbles live show I took my 4 year old too, at the autograph signing she asked my daughter what she wanted to be when she grew up. When my daughter said she wanted to join a circus Sarah-Jane said she used to work in a circus as a contortionist and winked at me! I didn’t sleep properly for weeks.

DezB
    Free Member

That Anne was about 14 wasn’t she?

miketually
    Free Member

I saw Sarah-Jane at a fimbles live show I took my 4 year old too, at the autograph signing she asked my daughter what she wanted to be when she grew up. When my daughter said she wanted to join a circus Sarah-Jane said she used to work in a circus as a contortionist and winked at me! I didn’t sleep properly for weeks.

That confirms my suspicion that SJ knows exactly what all the dads at home are thinking.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 174 total)

The topic ‘CBeebies presenter with amputated lower arm’ is closed to new replies.