Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • CB highline dropper
  • Goldigger
    Free Member

Has anybody got one of these droppers? Interested to see how reliable it’s been.
    Less than £200 from the Germans, seems like a deal.

oikeith

I just picked up a 160mm version, I found the install impossible and dropped it to my local shop who took a few goes at it and had to consult someone more in the know…

Its come back to me with the ability to not always stay dropped and to creep up 10-15mm, apparently this will settle down once the post has bedded in. I havent actually rode the bike out on any trails yet though, just been playing with in the house.

rOcKeTdOg

if it’s dropping and not coming back up straight away it probably needs the uprated spring, the original is not strong enough to return the mechanism. i’m waiting for an uprated one from CB to see if it makes a difference.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Is there a easy way if telling if it has the new updated spring?
    Assume that new ones in the shop maybe old stock..

beer247
    Free Member

I had the 125mm version for a while, install was pretty simple and never had any problems with it not returning or creeping up.

Return speed was a bit slower than others on the market. Only sold it on because it didn’t fit my new frame.

Now on a Fox Transfer, which is amazing (and gold!)

oikeith

if it’s dropping and not coming back up straight away it probably needs the uprated spring, the original is not strong enough to return the mechanism. i’m waiting for an uprated one from CB to see if it makes a difference.

It goes up and down fine, just when down, it creeps up occasionally, the LBS did mention this was a newer design and after a few rides it should cease.

Gotama
    Free Member

Had my 160mm drop one 6 months or so and it has been rock solid. For reference it has been ridden through the worst of the winter muck on a hardtail and I’m about 100kg so it doesn’t get an easy life. Would happily buy another and at £200 it is, relatively speaking, a bargain.

Goldigger
    Free Member

£188 delivered – ordered for the dude.
    Hopefully it’s as good as the reviews..

dumbbot
    Free Member

I got the 125mm drop from Bike Discount for £179, the cartridge failed after 5months(for no apparent reason) I got no response from Bike Discount with regard to warranty. I was then forced to contact Evan at Crankbrother directly and the UK distributor EVENTUALLY got things sorted with a new cartridge and its been fine since.

3months after my initial contact I got an email from Bike Discount offering my 15euro’s, they got told to sod off. I hope should you need the warranty you have better luck than me.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Anybody know why the install guide says to leave 165mm of outer from the top of the seat post tube?
    If I do this the cable gets all bent up inside the frame and the post then creeps.

As long as I can get hold of the end of the outer and ferrell surely it’s best to keep it as short as possible when internally routed?
    I can always remove the leaver and push some outer back in the port on the headtube in if I ever need too..

Gotama
    Free Member

I couldn’t work this out either. Cut mine shorter as you’re suggesting and it is fine.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Cut mine short as possible and it works fine..no more creeping.
    I reckon the upgraded return spring will stop any creep.

justinbieber

I tested the 125 drop version when it was released for the mag, and then the 160 when that came out. I’ve never had any issues once in use with either of them, and I’ve intentionally done sod all maintenance on them to see how durable they are.

I did have problems on the install though, but that was more down to how the actuator was positioned, rather than the cable getting bent up inside the frame. I found if you insert the actuator by lining everything as per the instructions, it doesn’t work – if you twist the actuator ever so slightly until you feel some resistance and tighten it all up then, that should give trouble free performance.

I’ll agree that the return speed is a touch slow, but that’s no biggie for me

timenator
    Free Member

did any of you guys find that the lever remote has a bit of slack in it? I can’t seem to get mine to come back all the way, it comes back like 90%

I thought that the internal routing in my frame might have too much of a bend in it and this might be holding it back a bit.

hearing that there is a stronger spring available is encouraging though, ill attempt to get hold of one

re the OP’s question, its been very good other than the 10% lever thing. id been through 3 reverbs in 12 months previously and was no way getting another one. cable droppers all the way from now on

oikeith

Update, first ride with my highline yesterday and the creeping has now dissappeared, the post will stay all the way down when dropped.

Nice post, feels sturdy, doesnt wobble, I dont mind the return speed, the lever is a step down from what I had before, but I’ll get used to it. Did anyone else’s highline come with the griptape stickers? Mine did not…

Got to say, going from a 125mm dropper to a 160mm was actually really noticeable, I was able to lean the bike more in the corners and didn’t feel the saddle kick me in the ass when going over rough stuff or doing drops!

Goldigger
    Free Member

Mine was fine too in all the slop that we’ve got locally, however bottom bracket isn’t. Will have to pull that apart and re-grease (e13 PF i think!)

oikeith

Did anyone receive some of the lever stickers with their highline?

I did not, and £10 for a sticker seems excessive!

rOcKeTdOg

Updated spring seems to have fixed the issue on a quick car park test will report back after a proper ride

Goldigger
    Free Member

How do we get hold of the uprated spring? Just contact UK distributor and tell them my post keeps creeping?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘CB highline dropper’ is closed to new replies.