Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)
  • Cav reflecting on the TdF, his diet, training and Olympic Glory…
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Now if I could have a few dry days.
    Oh, say on a weekend perhaps.
    Then I could get my road bike out and sample my real world bike awesomeness.

Stop being a fat mincer, mtfu and ride yor bike.

Solo
    Free Member

Stop being a fat mincer, mtfu and ride yor bike.

I aint fat…. Fat boy
    😆

And after riding before Xmas and discovering crystalised lumps of salt on the spoke nipples of my road bike.

In future, the TCR, will only see the sunny days.

Solo
    Free Member

Doesn’t Cav say he cuts his portion sizes?

I like reading about the Pros and the books I’ve read recently have been very insightful.

But really.

Cav’s daily caloric intake must still be massive.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It’s all relative Solo…

Solo
    Free Member

It’s all relative Solo…

So. Thats it.

I need to be on 800 Cals of Low GI gruel, per day.

Oh, the joys of SSF.

Of all the places on the body.
    Nature had to keep its insurance policy.

Solo
    Free Member

Oh !.

Kristiansen has just twotted, or what ever it is tweeters do.

oddjob
    Free Member

ride it ’til it’s knackered and then you can buy a new one with a clear conscience 🙂

Don’t the pros eat reasonably normally off the bike and consume a lot of calories whilst they are riding. They seem to be constantly taking on gels and bars whilst they are riding and I remember Lance Armstrong explaining something like this as a way of avoiding overeating after rides

Solo
    Free Member

Don’t the pros eat reasonably normally off the bike and consume a lot of calories whilst they are riding. They seem to be constantly taking on gels and bars whilst they are riding and I remember Lance Armstrong explaining something like this as a way of avoiding overeating after rides

As our resident iPro has reported.
    He rides for ‘X’ amount of time first, before eating.

To be fair, the Pros have brought on subtle changes in their bodies, under the expert guidance of top coaches.
    To enable their bodies to make the most of that gel crap during a race.

Thing is, if I even tried to do the riding a pro does.
    Several things will happen.
    I will lose whatever Gunz I have.
    I will lose my job and won’t be able to replace it as a Pro racer, at 43.
    I will lose my enjoyment of cycling.
    I reckon.

Goodness !.
    I’m sounding like a right grizzle pants.

oddjob
    Free Member

I am currently doing the Chris Carmichael time crunched trianing plan and it has sucked all enjoyment out of riding for me. I dread going out and putting myself through the intervals. I am still doing it, but it’s not fun like riding is.

I guess that is the difference between riding and training. I don’t have enough time to get race fit riding so I have to resort to training.

I’m digging the fasted training at the moment and find it works but it has to be a weekend thing though

Solo
    Free Member

I’m digging the fasted training at the moment and find it works but it has to be a weekend thing though

I arrive at the gym, usually before I’ve eaten anything.
    An hour on the bike and 3 sets for two muscle groups, finished off, some days with 3 sets of 8 reps, Deadlift.
    Final set for the deadlift was 70 Kg.

philconsequence
    Free Member

packet of sweets, 2 donuts and a triple all day breakfast sandwich for lunch 😯

i’m not happy with myself but if anybody asks i’m ‘keeping my body guessing’ and other such clever sounding strategies!

Solo
    Free Member

Phil.

Just a word…

Akrasia ?.

philconsequence
    Free Member

haha yup! i’ll just have some celery and hummous for dinner to make up for it i think….

i would’ve been a good boy and had some tuna for lunch but i forgot my tin opener 🙁 i ate very badly over the bank holiday weekend and this morning’s weigh in was 78kg (dressed in gym clothes, trainers on and a coffee in my system) so i wont start beating myself up about it 🙂

went swimming on saturday and for the first time i a LONG time i felt surprisingly comfortable with my body 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

went swimming on saturday and for the first time i a LONG time i felt surprisingly comfortable with my body

Your bus driver this morning.
    It wasn’t Nemesis, what is ?.

Solo
    Free Member

As we’re chewing the phat.

That Roberto Ferrari.
    If he doesn’t sort himself out.
    I hope the peloton really make him see the error of his attitude.

philconsequence
    Free Member

Your bus driver this morning.
    It wasn’t Nemesis, what is ?.

i dont understand… 😕

Solo
    Free Member

i dont understand…

Its that greek stuff innit.
    You mentioned water and looking good.

Just kidding witcha though.
    😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Solo – I don’t get the bus driver thing either?

philconsequence
    Free Member

ok, i was about to comment that i’m usually pretty good at understanding the mentally unwell 😉 😛

Solo
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member
    Solo – I don’t get the bus driver thing either?

Posted 2 minutes ago # Report-Postphilconsequence – Member
    ok, i was about to comment that i’m usually pretty good at understanding the mentally unwell

Aw, C’mon ladies.

Its the Story of Nemesis leading Narcissus to a pool where he sees his reflection, etc, etc.

I blame the Omega 3 capsules I’ve been taking.

EDIT:

I don’t usually swollow the capsule.
    I knick the end and squirt the oil over whatever I’m having.

Fishtabulastic !
    😯

EDIT, EDIT:
    I hate the iDiet, look at what its done to me.
    🙁

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ahhhh right. No.

Can we stick to exercise and not Greek Mythology.

I’m thinking of undertaking a Herculean workout this afternoon…

Go and get some running spikes and complete a 30-20-10 interval set at the track.
    Go and say hello to the mrs at the gym, do a core workout and maybe some legs.
    Then head down to Reading and throw myself into the swimming lake.

I may wuss out of some or all of it as I’ve got a cold.

philconsequence
    Free Member

ahhh i seeeeee, i didnt study greek bus routes at school 😆

it wasn’t a ‘holy balls i look great’ moment, it was a ‘well, it appears i’m not as fat as 99% of the people at coral reef, thats good’ moment 🙂

you coming to Reading? why, where, what time?

Solo
    Free Member

Can we stick to exercise and not Greek Mythology.

I’m thinking of undertaking a Herculean workout this afternoon…

Nice. Obvious, but nice.
    (I’m being generous. Blame the weather)
    😉

Go and get some running spikes and complete a 30-20-10 interval set at the track.

I do not run.
    You know this.

Edukator
    Free Member

As this is just a bragging thread and there’s no debate that’s likely to result in insulting of the black sheep that doesn’t agree with collective think:

1190km in the last 12days of which two MTB blasts and the rest on mainly cycle paths on a sit up and beg with knobbly tyres, head wind, a knackered hub gear and camping gear on the back. A rough attempt at 4-2-1 but given the number of boulangeries en route the 4 no doubt got to 5 or 6. I felt stronger every day but one, did 190km in 12 hours yesterday (that would have been over 300km on my roadie) and was flying with the MTB club today.

I still weigh the same as when I started; 68kg my best performance triathlon weight. Now if 4-2-1 or even 6-2-1, bread, fruit, cheese and ham were incompatible with maintaining a healthly weight and performing well day after day I’d have suffered at some point rather than steadily feeling better, wouldn’t I ?

Perhpas best if nobody answers though Molgrips can accuse me of bsing, and call me a “prick”, “tit” and “pillock” as usual if he wishes.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Awesome! Good to have you back Edukator!

I was after genuine advice from you on a different thread but I forget what I wanted. All I know is I’ve been eating cheese a lot this weekend and I believe that adding cheese helps my weight to be stable at the lower end of the range I fluctutate within.

Edukator
    Free Member

Whether it’s good to be back remains to be seen. 😉

It’s very good to be back home though; a bit more space on the road and weather more compatible with being outdoors all the time.

I added cheese, usually combined with ham, to my breakfast when I had swim training at lunchtime and no time to eat except on the bike on the way to the pool (not the time to be adding carbs). The idea was to add something very slow to digest to breakfast. It didn’t seem to cause any adverse effects, possibly improved matters, so cheese has remained on the breakfast menu especially on lunchtime swim days.

Whilst weight isn’t my concern I’d be intrested in how you swim after meals with cheese/ham, Yeti. It’s a holiday here so I’m going out with Madame for a bit now.

Solo
    Free Member

TSY….

You little Tinker, you.

😉

Solo
    Free Member

Hey.

Ed.

Did you review the link in the OP.

Could you twit-up to Mr Kristiansen and tell him how to feed team Sky ?.

molgrips
    Free Member

So you’re not aiming for anything physique wise? So I guess you think about diet purely based on your reading around what’s healthy?

Not aiming for anything physique-wise, no. I want to be fit and fast. It might turn out that striving for 8% or 10% bf has a detrimental effect on my performance, in which case it would be pointless for me.

As this is just a bragging thread and there’s no debate that’s likely to result in insulting of the black sheep that doesn’t agree with collective think

Lol.. we wouldn’t insult you if you weren’t utterly convinced you’ve cracked the entire world of diet science by doing a study on one individual.

I honestly have no idea what you are trying to say. Are you saying that it doesn’t matter what you eat? Or that the iDiet is wrong? Can we clear this up for once please?

Solo
    Free Member

Can we clear this up for once please?

That would be something to see and will liable get the thread closed, eventually.
    If that other thread was anything to go by.

Grips.
    He aint up for being Edukated.

I think Ed should save Team Sky from making their dietary mistakes.
    Perhaps it’ll help divert catastrophe on the Tour.

Kryton57

I am currently doing the Chris Carmichael time crunched trianing plan and it has sucked all enjoyment out of riding for me. I dread going out and putting myself through the intervals. I am still doing it, but it’s not fun like riding is.

That. I can enjoy Z2 road riding as it helps my mind rest from work / family etc, and am fine with going hard, then tapering then rest before an event, but I can’t bear the thought of popping out for and hour or whatever to ride up and down the same hill 50 times.

FWIW I’ve put on 1/4 stone directly on my belly since christmas / cooincidentaly when I turned 40 in March, but on Monday – 7 days before the BORS event knocked out a PB 100k ride for me.

I only wish I knew what was making me feel so strong on the day, becuase I did feel strong. I would state that I beat my PB by 18 minutes – so not a small percentage either. My diet over the weekend was corn fed chicken burgers with salad, Nando’s, and Chicken Shish kebabs in a wraps, each with a a liberal helping of Stella Artois.

Chicken for the Win?

😐

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I aint fat…. Fat boy

And after riding before Xmas and discovering crystalised lumps of salt on the spoke nipples of my road bike.

In future, the TCR, will only see the sunny days.

Sorry, I was only winding you up.

But you may aswell ride the thing if you’ve got it, sounds like a nice bike aswell. I tend to ride my bike whatever the weather if I want to. If I dont, I wont. The fact its raining is a poor excuse.

It may help you reach your single figure goal aswell!

Solo
    Free Member

Dave.

You’re cool man. I was just having a laugh with you.
    So I hope you accept that post as just a bit of ” knock about “.
    None was intended.
    🙂

EDIT:
    Anyway. enough of all that.

Ed’s back by special request.
    So.
    By your beds everyone, while Ed learns us up good.
    😉

BadlyWiredDog

I love these threads. They make me feel normal. Can’t beat the smell of compulsive exercise disorders on bad science diets in the afternoon… 😉

ps: Tabatha intervals, that burd from Bewitched’s fitness dvd right?

Edukator
    Free Member

You having a laugh with me too, Solo? Once again a fit contributor without a weight issue contributes something positive that upsets the unhealthily heavy on their fad diets. Bye for now.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I want to be fit and fast. It might turn out that striving for 8% or 10% bf has a detrimental effect on my performance, in which case it would be pointless for me

I find this statement intriguing. It’s against what I’ve read outside of the forum but I’ve learnt that on here we are individuals playing by our own specific rules.

Based on this, I see no reason for anyone to outwardly be offenisve to Edukator. His diet works for him and probably for me too.

Anyway… open water swimming at the moment with the lake at 12 degrees is an eye opener… struggled to breathe, let alone sight or swim properly. I’m going to have to go back… Thurs, Sat, Sun… again and again until it’s familiar.

IanMunro
    Free Member

You know I’m right about the pedalos.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeti, the reason I argue with Edukator isn’t his diet ideas, it’s his attitude.

Solo
    Free Member

Yeti, the reason I argue with Edukator isn’t his diet ideas, it’s his attitude.

Oh yes it is !.
    😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

AS far as I can see all Edukator needs to say is that iDiet may well work for some fatties and you’ll be happy, right?

Calling people names, is not arguing BTW, it makes his attitude look exemplary.

Anyway, I’m going to go and start a thread on open water swimming… it’s bloody hard.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Cav reflecting on the TdF, his diet, training and Olympic Glory…’ is closed to new replies.