Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • SSUK12 entries
  • soulstealer
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Has anyone heard from the cheeky trails guys and been sent the entry link yet? I’m guessing they’ll let everyone know at the same time to keep it fair, but wondered if I’d missed out having submitted my “piece of art” but not heard anything. Also was there/ is there a cut off date for submitting art? I know the singlespeed scene is pretty laid back but really looking forward to this event and keen to know if I’ve got a chance of an entry or not?

Cheers in advance

s
    Free Member

Art posted here too & no beer here yet either 😉

thepodge
    Free Member

I might give it a go but I can’t really be arsed with the too cool for school attitude of how to enter.

They are running the risk of it being a total flop / mates race.

Dave
    Free Member

I’m busy going through the big postbag deciphering handwritten email addresses and adding them all to the big list of racers.

If you’ve sent a postcard you’re in, and if you haven’t you’ve time to still enter.

Entry will close on the weekend before or when we’re full, probably better to do it sooner than later and it helps us plan too.

I can’t really be arsed with the too cool for school attitude of how to enter

Sending a postcard is cool now?

It’s a different approach we thought and one that stops the 1 hour rush to sell out the event (see Dyfi Enduro).

We’re really liking the quirky and arty entries people have gone to the trouble of creating. If you can’t be arsed fair enough.

They are running the risk of it being a total flop / mates race.

There appear to be a load of people who disagree with you there 🙂

Clobber
    Free Member

Dave, can you have multiple entries (say, 4) on one postcard or is it one postcard required per entry?

D0NK

Gaaaargh still not got my arse into gear and sorted something, can I send a badly printed B&W laser print on standard paper? I might manage that.

Dave
    Free Member

Multiple entries is fine as long as it’s a good postcard 😉

D0NK

Dave, what about non-postcards as per my last post? I don’t have access to a photo/postcard printer 😥

steve_b77
    Free Member

How and where do I enter please

D0NK
    jonathan
    Free Member

D0NK… do you not have hands? And a pen? Express yourself! On second thoughts…

D0NK

D0NK… do you not have hands? And a pen? Express yourself! On second thoughts…

I did consider firing up mspaint and doing my best worst or pinching my youngest’s crayon set and easel and having a go but I’ve got a mint picture of some stunning singletrack (stolen off lowey but hey I was on the ride so it counts*) really wanted to use that.

*possibly, apologies lowey.

marty
    Free Member

I don’t have access to a photo/postcard printer

Exactly. Bloody elitists. Next they’ll be saying we need a special bike or a bike.

soulstealer
    Free Member

Cheers Dave I’m now a happy bunny. This will be my first ss event having built up a parts bin special singlespeed for the princely sum of £75 at the end of the summer as my winter hack. I’m loving it and have hardly touched my geared bike all winter.Been surprising myself at what I can get up on it.

I saw the post about multiple entries and just wondered if you could put me down for a +one as my mate has been unwell and hasn’t got round to sorting his entry out even though I know he’s keen (My entry included 3 framed photographs so I guess you could class it as 3 entries 😉

Thanks again Dan

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘SSUK12 entries’ is closed to new replies.