Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Casual smart trousers (for skinny cyclists)
  • stevextc
    Free Member

Just wondering where people buy trousers….
    I just went to put a pair on as I have to go into the office and yet another pair won’t go over my thighs

It’s not that my thighs are really big just the rest of me is skinny…. Ideally I have a 28″ waist but buy 30/32 and put up with a belt but now the ones I have progressively won’t go over my thighs… or if they do they are skintight and uncomfortable (not what I want for smart casual) …

Jeans I find OK …. smart business is OK … its just the smart casual that is not working based on my “Ralph Lauren outlet” buys that seem to be most of my smart casual

I guess I’m old enough to shop at M&S now …. 🙂 ….. but it occurs to me this is a cyclist thing….

mattyfez

I had bother finding jeans recently, even boot cut was too tight around the thigh, ended up with lose fit and a waist size too big.

If your old enough to shop at M&S, have you considered rocking some chinos? 😆

bikebouy
    Free Member

Rapha loopback city trews. Office Dress Down Friday staple for me and a couple of mates.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I’m a similar size to you with 28/29 waist but buying 30’s I have found Edwin ed-55 jeans a really good fit as they have thigh and glute room but a taper so they have a slim shape, Edwin do cotton chino’s in that same ed-55 cut. The sizing has changed recently and I’m now a 30 (no not got fatter my old 29’s are the same size)
    I have some plain trousers by Wolsey bought in a sale that fit ok, would try Rapha too as they will accept returns if the wrong size.

Straightliner

Not cheap, but Spoke do some great options which allow you to size up for your legs and not your waist, rather than rely on the one size fits all approach.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Those Rapha trousers don’t seem hideously expensive for what they are. Still don’t come in a long enough length for me.

I can recommend https://spoke-london.com/ who do properly long lengths for people like me. 3 different leg fits available – i’m wearing the ‘middle’ one and they’re snug.

chiefgrooveguru

Is this not what belts are for?

lunge

On the high street, try H&M slim fit chino’s. The fit my body and I sound like a similar size to you. Cheap too.

drlex
    Free Member

simons_nicolai-uk – I can recommend https://spoke-london.com/

Can you also refer? Just had to send back to SportPursuit a pair of Giro trousers which were too snug on the thigh, so the spoke leg fit choice looks interesting. Currently wearing Toast ones, but they stopped doing menswear.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Don’t do a trouser thread!!! 😐

jimmy

If they’re not too mainstream for you, I buy most trousers from Next for their range of styles and sizes. Even the slim chinos fit me,shame I’m not tall, skinny and tanned with a complete head of hipster hair to go with them.

plus-one

I have 2 pairs of Levi 508 commuter trews 30 waist . one denim one chino type fabric .. both have bit of Lycra in them and super comfy on/offbike ..

Discontinued now but I bought last pair new off eBay £35

I’m 28-30 waist skinny with cyclist thighs

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Referalls – sure.

https://spoke.mention-me.com/m/ol/zt2us-simon-still

I’ve got a pair of the cords which are decent enough. Also a pair of the bulletproofs. The 3XDry fabric is comfortable (with a bit of stretch), wearing well and does seem to shrug off a bit of light rain.

drlex
    Free Member

Simon, thanks for that – ordered up a trial pair using your link. Style C, until pleated trousers make a come-back.

beej

I’ve got a couple of pairs of Next chinos – I too have trouble with a 28-30″ waist and chunky thighs. Pretty sure one of them has some lycra in it too.

egb81
    Free Member

Next slim fit stretch chinos for me as well. Good fit and sensibly priced.

bearnecessities

I guess I’m old enough to shop at M&S now …. …..

You will never find size 28″ or 30″ waist in M&S. Ever. Trust me.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

but it occurs to me this is a cyclist thing

Yep, certainly is; cyclists are definitely the most social retarded people going…..you just need to ask the shop staff!

“Hi, I need some new jeans; I wonder if you’ve got any that’ll fit me…….. Because I’m a cyclist! And I require special jeans that’ll fit my glutes and thighs”

timber

No idea what smart casual is, but I have some trousers by Kuhl that are my smart ones. Cut for active people with plenty of scope for movement. Loads of variations in cut, waist and length.

footflaps

You will never find size 28″ or 30″ waist in M&S. Ever. Trust me

I remember 28″ waist, it was the summer of 1987….

epicyclo

Craghoppers do stretch trousers. Not sure of the name but were priced at £50 on sale at £35 in Debenhams last time I looked.

I’ve worn them on a very wet audax and they dried very quickly on me when the rain went. I also wore them the other day on a century+ ride which was mainly in the rain.

They don’t look like special outdoor gear so you can wear them anywhere. I’d buy them again.

Valleyboy123
    Free Member

Uniqulo do a decent range of smartish trousers with Lycra that are well priced, I’ve got several pairs for work very comfy

Cheers
    Nick

RustySpanner

Surely?

Top quality products tbh, just not for me.
    I’ve fondled a pair and was entirely at ease with the whole experience, your honour.

Unfortunately, my dwaff like stature means I’d have to cut £40’s worth off each leg to make them fit.
    🙂

stevextc
    Free Member

No idea what smart casual is

I suppose it depends but for me it’s something I usually wear to work instead of a suit or suit type trousers ..as I work in lots of companies their definitions also tend to change.
    Chinos are probably mostly OK and with an ironed crease downtown the front …

Other than that I have little use for smart casual which is perhaps a bit sad …. after work and weekends I just wear shorts or craghoppers outdooors type … I say little as I had some smart cords and was going out for a infrequent meals last winter and found the cords I thought I was going to wear had a huge hole in the pocket.

The main point for me is they need to be comfy or I can just resort to a suit or suit trousers …having 6″ bunched round my waist or pulling at the thighs is just uncomfy

Glad to see I’m not alone though …. like I said my thighs aren’t really that big … I manage to use some medium knee pads fine it just seems casual cut trousers are really tight on the gluts and thighs compared to suit type trousers

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

with an ironed crease downtown the front ..

really?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Casual smart trousers (for skinny cyclists)’ is closed to new replies.