Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Carpal tunnel – still sore after a year, physio?
  • Aus
    Free Member

Hi, I got a mild case of carpal tunnel in the my left wrist a little over a year ago. Saw the Dr who advised if it didn’t ease off after 2 months, to come back. It did ease off, and being 54 I assumed and was advised it’d recover fine.

But I notice it’s still a little sore, feels slightly week. My job is reasonably active so it’s getting gently used. I’m interested in physio so conscious of not overdoing it. But a 1hr mtbride is causing mild discomfort.

Is this normal? Any specific physio to look at? GP on the phone was recently disinterested and said to give it more time.

Cheers

stevemakin

were you advised to wear splints at night ? that made a difference for me, those and doing the physio (there’s tons of stuff online) mines got to the stage where I’ll need the surgery soon now sadly

edit, I should add it started seven years ago after a three month tour of NZ and thirty odd years of using big hand tools at work, the physio and splints allowed me to continue working as a bike mechanic but there’s no chance now unless the shop needs someone who’s constantly dropping tools !

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Carpal tunnel – still sore after a year, physio?’ is closed to new replies.