Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Car Tyre fitters – anything I missed?
  • Alex

All four need doing. Have to use run-flats as it’s a personal lease but – apparently – there’s a penalty if I return it next year with non RF tyres. They’re big b*ggers as well: 275/35 and 245/40 on 19inch rims.

I’ve tried our local guy who is great but understandably a bit more expensive. Kwik-Fit who I’m sure we’ve all had horror stories about are actually quite well regarded down the road in Monmouth. They’re a bit cheaper. Quick look on black-circles looked a similar price to KF.

I asked BMW for a laugh. It wasn’t that funny when they answered. Anyway before I go and give KF a staggering amount of money, anywhere else I might want to try?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Blackcircles

Alex

Tried BlackCircles- Kwikfit still cheaper by £30. Which based on the cost of 4 isn’t a big saving but even so…

samperry25
    Free Member

There’s an ATS Euromaster in Magor and if you really want to branch out a branch of ETB (Exhausts, Tyres, Batteries) in Newport that are pretty reasonable. Bit of a stretch from Ross though.

DezB
    Free Member

I stumbled across Asda tyres the other day – looked like a kind of price comparison site for tyres. Some good deals. Might be worth a go. asdatyres.co.uk

I’d also recommend leasing a car you can afford the running costs of. LolZ! Someone had to. 😀

fadda

Alex, have you tried Paul Jarrold in Monmouth?

I always use them – they’re pretty competitive in price, and it would be worth talking to them, I’m sure.

I use them because they look after my cars (e.g. Wire brushing the hubs and using coppaslip, so the wheel is easy to remove next time etc) but this may be less important to you on a lease car…

codybrennan
    Free Member

Do you have to return it with *new* RF tyres?

If not, just buy non-RF just now, and keep the old ones. When the lease is up, swap the old RF tyres back on?

jim25

Local tyre fitters.
    Presumably Google with give you the answer to that.

oldtennisshoes

Oponeo and get your local guy to fit them?
    https://www.oponeo.co.uk/

Alex

@cody – I could do that I suppose. It needs a service tho soon and they’d notice and be a PITA. I just think big tyres are expensive RF or not.

I’ve tried a couple of local guys but I’ll give Paul a call now. Thanks for that. Not heard of him before.

Alex

@fadda – Paul came through. Saved me £200 over what I thought I’d have to pay. So cheers!

allyharp

Can you get to a Costco? I managed to pay £30 for membership and still save money against the next best price I could find, thanks to regular multi-buy promotions. You can price them up here to see if it’s worthwhile https://www.costco.co.uk/tyres/

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Nowt wrong with kwik fit, I’d go with them if they’re close to the best pricing. Service I’ve experienced from them is fine and if you have any problems they back up any warranty or guarantee’s without question. I’ve used Blackcircles before and some of their fitter outlets are a bit ropey and in the past when I’ve used them and gone back next time to the outlet direct they’ve always been able to match or better the Blackcircles prices.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Car Tyre fitters – anything I missed?’ is closed to new replies.