Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Car leasing – recommendations………
  • woollybackpaul
    Free Member

The other half’s car is due to go back in March.

Anyone got any recommendations for personal leasing companies?

Last time out we dealt with the local dealer (Mini), are we likely to get a better deal going through the likes of STW hero/villain (delete as appropriate) Ling?

Going to be a small 4×4 / AWD hatch if that has any relevance.

TIA

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Lings…

simon_g

Have used gateway2lease, vehiclesavers and Vertu in the past – all were fine. I don’t have any loyalty to any of them, it’s just been who happened to be best for a particular car at a particular time. You’re typically just dealing with a broker who’s sat between you and the actual finance house or lease company. All they really need to do is fill out some paperwork and make sure the car arrives.

Look at leasing.com and What Car? leasing sites to get a feel for what’s decent value, then you can ask for a proper quote from the broker (if you need different mileage, etc). I stick it all in a spreadsheet just to keep track of things, stuff like admin fees can vary a lot and make a cheap-looking deal less so.

LeeW

Don’t let your BiL get involved.

raincloud
    Free Member

Lings…

Shes watching this forum remember….

mrchrist

Lings website is the best website in the world. Ever.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Claris solutions. Lad I know from sheff way, had two off him. If you can stomach a Hyundai they had the i30 for less than 120 quid a month which is stupid cheap.

http://www.claris-vs.com/personal-lease-cars/hyundai/i30-hatchback/i30-hatch-10-t-gdi-120-se-5dr-manual-start-stop-384587424

phil5556

I didn’t lease in the end because I bought but I’ve dealt with Ling’s a couple of times now and they were very easy to deal with for quotes and info etc.

No idea how they are once you actually agree to go ahead.

dantsw13

I’ve leased my wife’s XC40 through Lings- very simple & straightforward.

Even if you don’t use he’d, the website is the only place I found to properly compare lease prices.

dantsw13

There were some very good deals on Kia Sportage

johnners
    Free Member

Claris solutions. Lad I know from sheff way, had two off him. If you can stomach a Hyundai they had the i30 for less than 120 quid a month which is stupid cheap.

That link looks like it works out at £188 per month. I don’t know if that’s still “stupid cheap” but it’s not £120.

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Cheers all, some useful info up there.

Some of the pricing is pretty interesting, the VW Tiguan is less than the Seat / Skoda equivalent which I guess is due to retained value. Disappointingly, an RS6 Avant is more than a Skoda Superb.

Cougar

https://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/pch-offers/

If you can stomach a Hyundai they had the i30 for less than 120 quid a month which is stupid cheap.

I had an i40 for four years.  It was OK, but I wouldn’t have another.

takisawa2

We ended up buying a Tiguan in the summer but it was interesting looking at leasing, which was not something I’d considered before.

I didn’t want to put much down, but a couple of brokers come back with 3 months down & £260-280 a month for 3 years for a mid spec model.

I wanted the Skoda Kodiak but they were +£50 a month over the VW.

Couldn’t find anything decent on Lings website at the time.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Car leasing – recommendations………’ is closed to new replies.