• This topic has 52 replies, 38 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by bruk.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Car boosted – looking on the bright side – what to replace it with?
  • jairaj

Agree with comments so far, hot hatch or fast estate is the way forward if you don’t want to draw attention to the car. Depending on the model etc they can look very similar to standard car and once debadged would make it even harder to spot its a fast one.

Take the Golf for example, there’s many different “fast” variants of it (GTi, VR6, R32 etc) and depending if its got a loud colour or fancy alloys at a quick glance they look like a standard Golf.

singletrackmind

Buy a C63 AMG then, and fit a tracker
    O

mikertroid
    Free Member

In the spirit of recommending what you have:

Seat Leon ST Cupra 300 4drive Lux….. at least I think that’s what it’s called.

Nice and rapid but not at all shouty. I picked mine up with 5 yr warranty for 24.5k. It’s barely been used but is already getting over 30mpg. Winner!

I had to wait 6 months for mine, however and there is quite a backlog. Not sure how many more will come to the UK as a new model comes out soon.

vintagewino
    Free Member

I looked at the Skodas this afternoon, the Superb is actually a pretty big car up close. I think the Octavia or Golf estate is more my kind of size. So many diesels out there though!

baboonz
    Free Member

From what I understand the hot hatches and easy to drive all wheel drives have the highest chance of theft. Also fords seem to be attractive.

vintagewino
    Free Member

Thread bump – clearly my xmas-addled brain undervalued the Focus – insurance came through with >£10k! Having sat in a few Audis and Golfs and other things over the last few weeks, and read everything I can on Autocar etc, the Golf R is in the lead. Going to look at a promising 2016 one tomorrow…

h4muf
    Free Member

I’d love a Golf R, however it would be pinched within weeks.

nickdavies

Take one highly nicked car, replace it with one of the most nicked cars in the uk.

You know the scumbags will be waiting for you to get the insurance payout and replace it, right?

On the plus side, whilst it’s on your drive you can be content that there really isn’t anything as capable as the R.

h4muf
    Free Member

Buy an R,take half of an exhaust off,put GTD badges on 👌

nickdavies

Park it arse in.. the r badge unscrews from the grill.

The Pretoria’s and big R logo on the seats might give it away though… 😶

vintagewino
    Free Member

yes I was going to debadge it, the seats are admittedly a problem though. Definitely investing in a steering wheel lock.

peekay

I interpreted the original post as that the OP does not park their car on a driveway, but somewhere round a corner, possibly on street, away from their 5 bed house. Backing it in may not be an option.

bruk

In the true spirit of suggesting what you run, what about a BMW 335i?

I swapped my lovely but too small S3 (slightly posher than the Golf R)for a touring. Bloody lovely and a bit of cash on an exhaust would get a real noise better than the farting R.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Car boosted – looking on the bright side – what to replace it with?’ is closed to new replies.