Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Car batteries – who's good these days?
  • RustySpanner

Any one found any good deals recently?

ATS quoting £85, which seems a bit salty.

Waiting for a couple more quotes, just wondering who everyone’s using these days.

Beautiful downtown Burnley, btw.
    🙂

fossy

Europarts. Delivery or pick up from local distributor. You just have to fit it but half the price of Halfords and ATS. Or your local independant battery supplier.

binners

raincloud
    Free Member

https://www.tayna.co.uk/Car-Batteries-C48.html

Ive used these guys a few times. ALways seem to be good value and delivered fast.

finishthat
    Free Member

tayna + 1 – not just car batteries – they have a very good reputation.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Recently had to get one in a hurry from Halfrauds. I read somewhere these are rebadged Yuasa. No idea how accurate that is.

Tayna were close in price (within £10) by the time the postage was added.

The cheapest eurocarparts offering was £10 more.

pocpoc
    Free Member

If ordering from eurocarparts then measure your current battery very carefully.
    I ordered the first one that came up on the Reg search for my car (without measuring stupidly).
    Picked it up and luckily compared it to the current one in the car park. It was nowhere near the same size.
    So went to return it, said he’d match the price of the current one. While he was off getting it I pulled up the right one on their website, added in all their discount codes and it turned out it should be £12 cheaper than I had paid. But he couldn’t match that as it was an online offer only.
    The man wasn’t very happy when I then refused that one and stood around waiting for the click and collect order to come through on their system.
    I was happy at the end of it though 😀

matt_outandabout

My local tyre place fitted a Lucas for the same price as buying one from EuroCarparts in the sale – £78 for Galaxy.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

f ordering from eurocarparts then measure your current battery very carefully.

Yes, mine showed a different shape, smaller, cheaper, lower capacity battery. Use the battery type code instead if possible.

wzzzz
    Free Member

Tayna + another

Great service 2 years ago and battery is all good (as you would hope)

Sandwich

Branded batteries are sometimes ludicrously cheap at GSF too with the right discount code. Round about £50 for a Bosch jobbie to fit my Saab about 6 months ago. If time allows sign up and wait for the right one to come along.

hardtail5
    Free Member

Halfords + trade discount for me, always comes in at a good price

Cougar

I’ve got a flat one you can have. No charge.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Car batteries – who's good these days?’ is closed to new replies.