Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cape Epic.. anyone else following?
  • rickmeister

Great racing on what looks like amazing trails with the backdrop of the SA mountains. Annie Last is going really well and second in the general classification.

Its one hell of a challenge over the days, big distance and climbing in very rough terrain. I can’t belive how fast the leaders are going over the whole course.

Annika Langvad is a complete machine, just won another stage on her birthday…

footflaps

following Annie Last on FB, she seems to be having a good race.

Marge
    Free Member

Watching the gps tracking whilst working 🙂

Langvad & Courtney look to be in a league of their own in the ladies race

Mens seems a little more open but I wouldn’t bet against Kulhavy & Grotts – they seem to just be controlling it now.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Following it on insta, some fabulous photos on there.

celticdragon

Yes, via twitter and facebook (various riders).

Sad to see Team Spur pull out this morning, they were having a brilliant time, and as marge said, Langvad and Courtney are running away with it in the Womens, I think the Mens will come down to the Queen stage before anyone can say its theirs.

Bike Channel used to have a 1/2 hour highlights package which was brilliant, which I now miss with the demise of the Bike Channel.

rickmeister

Completely understand Githa withdrawing and Team Spur not being able to start. The sprint finish, Githa just about turned herself inside out to get to the line. It must be hard to recover knowing that each days stage is another really tough day and they just keep coming.

Pretty impressed with the commentary team, loads of good rider insights as well.

Langvad said today that this is where the race actually starts in as much as, who can keep it together and still finish well. The top riders are pretty impressive. They don’t look *too* totalled at the end of the stages in as much as they can still walk and speak coherently.

Backdrop to the race is pretty awe inspiring too.

wors

Watching via the live streams on you tube. Would love to have a bash one year, anyone got a spare few grand?

dadbike
    Free Member

I’ve been watching the live stream on youtube. A good perspective from the ebike camera, you really get an idea how quick the top riders are going.

rickmeister

Dadbike… wonder if they had to de-restrict the e-bike… apparently, they have been averaging over 24kmh…. which is cut out territory for pedal assist e-bikes.

smogmonster

I love the Cape Epic…if anyone offered me the chance to ride any race in the world, CE would be the one. Such a pity its at such an abysmal time of the year for training for it! I simply couldn’t do the mileage and climbing required to train for such an event over the miserable UK winter months….a damn shame as the event falls right in the middle my leave next March. Bah…i can dream on……

Pyro

wonder if they had to de-restrict the e-bike

Does SA have the same laws on restriction? I’d reckon probably not…

qwerty
    Free Member

Appears that lurgee / sickness is rife in the camp :/

jonnyrockymountain

Yeah been enjoying every night watching the live stream on you tube, ditto above would love to ride that lovely terrain, kulhavi is a machine, it’s a shame Schurter’s team had to drop out.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cape Epic.. anyone else following?’ is closed to new replies.