Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aleternatives
  • kaj0103
    Free Member

Hi
    I’m looking to replace my frameset and looking for alternatives to the Canyon Ultimate CF SLX.
    Things I’m think that are comparative are Spec Tarmac, Scott Foil, not sure what else or versions. Looking to keep it light and good quality.
    Thanks for suggestions.

londoncommuter
    Free Member

Wouldn’t the Addict be the comparable rather than Foil if you wanted to go for Scott? Are you wanting disc or rim and are you tied to any particular bottom bracket?

Do you need it now so only places with stock? What size?

What’s wrong with the Canyon?

There are a million options out there so you need to narrow it down somehow.

kaj0103
    Free Member

Fair enough point. Didn’t know about the Scott
    Nothing wrong with Canyon I just have to replace the frame and seeing if I fancy a change.
    Need it now (happy to find on eBay if none in shops). Mechanical with rim brakes. Bottom bracket is whatever is commonly supplied with Canyon.
    Just after a couple of the main competition really. I see the U CF SLX as a very light road race bike. Happy with that geometry so if anyone is in the know about direct comparisons that’s what I’m asking about.
    Cheers.

londoncommuter
    Free Member

So you’re moving a groupset across? What chainset (BB30 or GXP/hollowtech) and direct mount brakes or not? “Normal” round seatpost?

What size frame?

kaj0103
    Free Member

Yep, moving group set. It’s dura-ace 9100, round seatpost, breaks are single bolt rim. Genuinely don’t know the BB type.

londoncommuter
    Free Member

The bottom bracket wouldn’t survive being moved but if you’ve got Dura Ace the spindle is just 24mm so that won’t limit you at all to the frame you can get.

What size though? As you probably know, there aren’t many bargains this year but you never know if you happened to be an odd size.

kaj0103
    Free Member

Gotcha. 56 / medium frame.

kaj0103
    Free Member

Nice looking frame. Didn’t consider Argon.

londoncommuter
    Free Member

It’s amazing how little is even in stock this year so you’ve picked a really bad time to get a bargain. Nothing at Pauls, Westbrooks, Winstanleys or all the normal places.

This is a bit old but your size:

https://www.startfitness.co.uk/cycle/bikes/bike-frames/merida-2018-scultura-9000-e-carbon-road-frameset-merskulfs9000e.html

kaj0103
    Free Member

Cheers. Yeah, it is tricky looking. I’m after an e-mtb as well and no bargains to be had there either So it’s probably going to be a full price purchase year really. Got to ride though 🙂

londoncommuter
    Free Member
    kaj0103
    Free Member

Thanks for the help. Ended up getting an Ultimate Al SLX off eBay for £300. Immaculate condition, familiar, and less likely to be written off by mechanical issues, plus it’s going to be wetter riding soon so pretty happy with that 👌

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aleternatives’ is closed to new replies.