Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Canyon Spectral 2016 – 1x Cable routing?
  • Speeder

Recently bought a 2016 Canyon Spectral for my lad in the constant quest to get him interested into mtbing. It needs a bit of work so is in the stripped for new bearings stage and I’m trying to figure out the cable routing options. I’m not particularly bothered by internal routing but feel that I might as well use it if it’s just for gears/dropper rather than rear brake. The gear routing doesn’t seem very direct and I just want to make sure I understand it right. Does anyone have a 2016 Spectral set up 1x that uses the internal routing that could share pics? Also is it any good and do you wish you’d done it externally? Actually does anyone have an externally routed 1x gear setup? How did you get the cable down (to) the chainstay?

Any help appreciated either way.

G

Speeder

This is the Al version and it doesn’t have the front mech cable routing – as far as I can tell (there’s not exit port 2/3 of the way down the downtube).

Speeder

Anyone?

Rickos
    Free Member

I gave up with the internal routing on my boys version – there’s a weird slot under the BB where I think it was meant to pop out, but cable only appeared to go internal, not outer. Anyway, bought some stick on guides and went under top tube and down the seatstay. Far more direct and reliable.

Speeder

Thanks Rickos – I’ve kind of come to the same conclusion in that whilst I quite like the fact that the cables run inner only through the frame (less rattling) the path from frame to swingarm is too awkward for a good cable run (I’ve seen 1 pic from one of the bike tests of the time with a really horrible tight loop under the BB). I also can’t stand cables that run under the BB. Who thinks this is a good idea? I am willing to try it, but it will involve a bit of trial and error and buying/3D printing the cable exit grommet for the BB exit point as that’s long gone.

not quite as well thought out a design as it first looked. Shame.

Speeder

Ooh and while we’re on the subject of this bike has anyone tried to fit and angle adjusting headset to one? It’s a ZS44/ZS44 with tapered steerer and I’m not sure that’s a combination that works.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.