Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Canyon Roadlite – any other light, flat bar hybrids/road bikes??
  • uphilla
    Free Member

Have one of these on order as it seems good value and seems ideal. Looked around and have not found anything similar in spec and weight – unless someone can tell me different. Canyon are messing me about on delivery, so tempted to look for another solution. Thanks!

chakaping
    Free Member

Have a look at the giant rapid, I got a used one recently and it’s pretty nice. Basically a flat bar Defy.

wors

Giant Fastroad
    Pinnacle neon

ped

Cannondale Quick

woody71
    Free Member

Check out this new / little known homegrown UK brand, Goldhawk. Nice looking and riding bikes.

I declare an interest as I know the guy who set up the company and designed the bike

https://goldhawkbikes.com

Gotama
    Free Member

I looked at the Goldhawk the other day and my only concern was that the top tube seemed to be the same size as my Kona Paddywagon which is based around drop bars and a 100mm stem. So without the hoods it would feel short as my Paddywagon did when I messed around putting flat bars on it. It maybe designed to be more upright of course in which case fair enough.

woody71
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the geometry relative to the Paddywagon but may be worth a test ride

There are also some reviews online that might shed more light on it

uphilla
    Free Member

This seems to confirm that there is no real equivalent to the Roadlite. Trex FX offers carbon frame, but lower level of equipment for more money.Rose Backroad is similar, but also more expensive. I understand why you have to grin and bear it with Canyon now 🙂

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

No, there aren’t many high end hybrids like the Canyon with a carbon frame. Whyte used to do the Montpellier but it’s discontinued now.

trailwagger
    Free Member

no idea what your budget is but I rode with someone recently who was on a Snowden, it was a lovelly looking bike.

https://www.snowdonbike.co.uk/marginal-gains/

uphilla
    Free Member

Thanks Trailwagger, the Snowden looks good, price may be an issue though!

mandog

Good thread. I have also been looking at flat bar hybrids with road gearing. Just ordered myself a Pinnacle Neon 4 and a Wahoo Kickr 2018 for the indoor training season.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Roadlite – any other light, flat bar hybrids/road bikes??’ is closed to new replies.