Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Canyon Grail AL released
  • meandyuk

Looks like these are available for order on their website now, delivery date December….

No funny bars and available in Rival hydro or 105 hydro / green or silver!

🙂

damitamit
    Free Member

ooh, been waiting for these.

Reach looks very long for that kind of bike?!

meandyuk

Yeah, I just put an order in. I’m 5″9 and went for the small size. I think canyon’s do come up large anyway?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Grail Carbon here

5’9 and a small, perfect size, tried the Endurance and Aero last week and both small in them.

Nothing wrong with the bars on the carbon but it does make measuring it much harder!!

jimdubleyou

I’m 5″9 and went for the small size. I think canyon’s do come up large anyway?

Sort of… Completely different bike, but I’m 6′ and ride a medium Nerve/ Neuron.

Their magic sizing machine said I should be riding a small (but I do have odd proportions).

scott-b
    Free Member

How are you finding the grail? Interested in an aluminium one but delivery times are estimated at March 2019 now!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Love it, had a good thrash around some local woods yesterday on it, so long as you keep on top of the front wheel tension if you ride it enthusiastically it’s great 😉

I’m happy doing 100km+ road days on it and 40-50km off road stuff, took it for a lap of Lady Cannings recently and it was fine, then around the edges in the peak, helps to sharped up my line choice!!

Not sure how it compares in Alu and how they get the give into it though. I’ve to the base 105 build which is enough for me, not sure who the prices compare for the Alu one.

scott-b
    Free Member

Thanks, glad you’re enjoying it. I’m in the market for a gravel type bike that is also good on the road. Looks like the Alu canyon is right up there. Was also looking at a diverge

witterings
    Free Member

Just come across these today, must admit they look nice / well specced for the price …. awful tempted, if they were currently in stock I’d probably be hitting the buy now ….. once I’d decided on colour that is !!!

meandyuk

Yeah I went with the silver colour and have been fighting with my decision since. Not got it yet but I think i’ll stick with Silver as the green is now not available until March!

witterings
    Free Member

Not got it yet but I think i’ll stick with Silver as the green is now not available until March!

I’d noticed that and thought is it more important to get it sooner or in the right colour … I think as long as it’d be before the summer would go for the right colour but can’t decide which I actually prefer anyway.

I don’t actually know that much about Canyon and what their reputation’s like, although did google it and found some information about how they’d evolved … if anyone has any more info on them though would be interested.

therealthing
    Free Member

I think canyon’s do come up large anyway?

Depends what you are comparing it to, but generally the opposite.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

View this post on Instagram

Bit of bike geekery going on here today!

A post shared by Michael Smith (@smithmichaelw) on

If your ever passing an interesting wander round.

They happily send people out round the car park for some sizing. The grail carbon sizes well against the endurance and aero I think it was, size calculatior was spot on for me after I did the full measurements

witterings
    Free Member

I had it confirmed that the size I want according to their calculator … an XS is only available in the 650b option and can’t run 700c’s which is a real shame and unfortunately a knock out for me.

scott-b
    Free Member

I’m torn between the grail al or going all out and getting a bokeh. Gotta admit the canyon and it’s price is winning me over. Shame about the delivery dates or think I would’ve ordered by now.

witterings
    Free Member

Gotta admit the canyon and it’s price is winning me over. Shame about the delivery dates or think I would’ve ordered by now.

Because of the delivery but more because of the wheel size restriction for my size I’ve ordered a Merida Silex 400 today in case you wanted any other options to throw in the pot.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Medium is 405/579 reach/stack, which is longer and lower than my road bike (388/610). But then comparing their reach+/stack+ to my road bike, it becomes 464/669 vs approx 500/630… So it’s putting me more upright than my 58cm Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc.

Another one to throw in the mix at this sort of price is the Space Chicken…

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBOOSPCRIV129/on-one-space-chicken-sram-rival-1-gravel-bike-700c-wheels £1350

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBOOSPCFOR127/on-one-space-chicken-sram-force-1-gravel-bike-275-wheels £1500 with FUNKYCHICKEN code before 29th Nov

meandyuk

Mine arrived today, not tried it out yet but it looks the business I think!

Clicky for pic

mikewsmith
    Free Member

That bar is so dull looking 😉 They did get me a link for the non skinwall rubber too
    Pic wasn’t showing here so maybe this works

meandyuk

Ah yep that’s done it – cheers 🙂

Could do with a higher bar ha!

meandyuk

Really, I didn’t think the non skinwall was an option? I’m still a little undecided on them

crasher50

I’m not getting Canyon’s choice of crankset. I would have thought 48/32 was better suited to a bike of this type. 50/34 seems a bit steep for genuine offroad use ( especially for an old fart like me). Shimano don’t do a 48/32 so maybe thats the reason.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You had to order them from one of the bike sites, they were non skinwall on mine 1st year one. I’m firmly decided on they look shit though 😉
    Not struggled with the gears off road myself

meandyuk

How very dare you…… 🙂

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Grail AL released’ is closed to new replies.