Viewing 17 posts - 161 through 177 (of 177 total)
  • Canyon bikes nightmare!
  • jacob46
    Free Member

Sorry to here your nitemare. First you must be mad buying and receiving a new bike in a cardboard box!
    I was after a new bike last month and a few people advised me to go canyon or ghost or cube. So glad I never.
    You should send it straight back recorded.
    Then get yourself a nice bike from specialized. They are fantastic and help you with any problem you get.also they phone to ask you to bring the bike back after 3 months for an inspection .

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

First you must be mad buying and receiving a new bike in a cardboard box!

Cardboard box did you say?!

and no i wont be drawn into a slanging match as i dont do internet warriors

bph77
    Free Member

After reading this post both before and after buying a Canyon bike I thought I would add to it.

My bike had a couple of teething problems – the chain was slipping due to a faulty rear mech. Nothing that couldn’t be fixed very easily.

I emailed Canyon several times, who replied quickly. They could not have helped more.

Firstly they asked me to take it to my local bike shop for a set up. They paid. This did not sort the problem.

I identified a problem with the lower jockey wheel on the rear mech. They just sent me a new one after I explained that I was due to take the bike on holiday in around a week.

Problems sorted in the quickest and most helpful manner.

I cannot fault Canyon bikes or their customer service in the slightest.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

And you joined the forum today?… Remarkable…

bigyinn
    Free Member

My thoughts also.
    Astroturfing anyone?

mickolas
    Free Member

I’m still pretty new to this forum stuff and some of the ‘technical’ terminology eludes me.

what’s astroturfing please? I’m guessing it’s posting something positive to cover a trail of negatives, likely under a pseudonym.

and the dog in the plane suit? adorable though he is, I gather the term ‘flouncing’ is key? a bit ‘get your handbags out’?

Toasty

Firstly they asked me to take it to my local bike shop for a set up. They paid. This did not sort the problem.

The local bike shop set up the bike and didn’t notice the jockey wheel was stuck?

Astroturfing btw!

xiphon
    Free Member

‘astroturfing’ is such a cool phrase!

atlaz
    Free Member

I don’t think a company like Canyon would be astroturfing on STW for some reason. They’re a pretty big company and it’d be as damaging to be caught doing as leaving an unanswered thread. As it stands, this thread didn’t exactly come out negative for them anyway.

jimification
    Free Member

Pinkfish: From your posts, you really sound like you’d benefit massively from buying a bike from an LBS. The service, support and backup you’d get would definitely be worth the drop in spec over buying mail order. £5k should give you some very solid negotiating power and get you plenty of decent bike for your purposes. Good luck.

bph77
    Free Member

Haha, yet another fine example of why I stopped involving myself in forums.

I only joined to post my comments about my bike.

Nothing more, nothing less.

My local bike shop really leaves a lot to be desired, so it didn’t surprise me to learn that they didn’t spot the jockey wheel fault. Who knows if the problem didn’t make itself clear enough until after the set up.

Either way, I wasn’t going to buy a bike from them but thought that they would (at the very least) be able to identify a problem. My mistake.

I’m no Canyon raver, I just thought I’d sign up to contribute my opinion on a thread that I’d read before buying my bike.

Again, my mistake.

canyonuk
    Free Member

Hi all,

While we certainly monitor forums such as this we do not engage in any form of “astroturfing” (did not actually know that word so thanks!).

Interesting forum thread and some healthy debate going on which is always good to see… as many of you have commented buying a Canyon is not for everyone. Our model works for a very large (and rapidly growing) community of very satisfied UK customers. For this reason we now have a permanent base in Kingston on Thames, a larger customer service team – and we’re looking into options to offer better technical service including the use of mobile mechanics etc in future.

That said, as some users on here have pointed out there will always be some customers who would benefit from additional support from their local bike shop in dealing with any minor mechanical issues. The bike market is diverse in this country and offers consumers a wide range of buying choices (and price points).

We’ve obviously gone to great lengths to make the online model work through offering an online sizing guide, delivering our bikes in a specially designed box which requires minimal re-assembly, and offering UK based customer service and technical support.

We’d would encourage anyone here who still has any doubts to give us a call in the UK on 0208 549 6001 and have a chat with one of our team regarding any technical or product enquiries related to our bikes.

Regards,
    Canyon UK.

+44 (0) 208 549 6001
    uk@canyon.com
    http://www.canyon.com

@canyonuk

Canyon Bicycles UK Ltd,
    Unit 7, Princess Mews, Horace Road,
    Kingston upon Thames,
    KT1 2SZ.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Quiet day in the office in Kingston today? 🙄

monkeyboyjc

Wow. A six month old thread – really?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Wow. A six month old thread – really?

Because it comes up in google searches for canyon service. So good to have a response and contact details for anyone who is looking for it.

slimsi
    Free Member

Better than any response I had from hotlines with my lapierre claim..

mikemc
    Free Member

Ordering a bike from Canyon
    Pre-order.
    I live in Japan and was finally in a position to buy a decent Mountain bike, my friend recommended me to try Canyon Mountain Bikes – he has 2 of them and I was able to ride one of his one day – I loved it. I spent a lot of time checking both online and in local bike shops and as far as value for money goes and the quality of components offered on the bike I could not find a better deal – Canondale came close but still price was higher and the Canondale bike did not have the high quality components that Canyon offered.
    I sent of a few e mails to Canyon’s service center asking various questions but received no replies (Some of these questions were answered at a later date when the answers were of no help to me)
    Ordering the bike.
    I finally settled on a bike the Grand Canyon CF SL 7.9 S.E. in a large size – Canyon’s sizing chart told me I should be ordering a medium, I also e mailed about this sizing and was told I should stick to their sizing chart and order a medium – but after carefully and repeatedly sizing up their large size geometry with my present medium sized bike I felt like the large would be a better fit – this decision caused me a lot of stress and worry – after all it is not a cheap bike, and as I am importing I don’t want to get the sizing wrong. (Ultimately I made the right choice more on that later)
    Waiting for my bike.
    I placed my order on the 4th. of June which is week 23 – I was told I could expect my bike on week 27, after week 27 had come and gone and I heard nothing I contacted Canyon and was told my bike was delayed till week 29. I finally had to go though 5 delays – but every-time I had to ask repeatedly if my bike was shipped and was then told my bike was delayed, at one point after the 3rd. delay I was told my bike was ready for shipment and will be shipped out within 48 hours – after hearing nothing, after I waited 72 hours I contacted Canyon and told there was an error, my bike had not been shipped and I was issued with a new order number. At this stage I was panicking as I wanted the bike for my early August summer holiday I was told I would likely have the bike in time, but after that received 2 more delay notifications – I was never told about delays until I had repeatedly e mailed asking about my order. My summer holiday came and went around mid August (week 33) I received an e mail telling me my bike will be shipped soon and passed onto the courier company, I didn’t pin too many hopes on this new delivery date but this time it was for real! I was really excited so set about tracking my order – not such an easy task as I was given the wrong tracking info. by Canyon, it took me several e mails to both Canyon and Courier company to finally get proper tracking information.
    Bike arrives.
    Finally on 23rd. August after a long wait and many delays my bike arrived, by this point I had lost faith in Canyon so didn’t feel the excitement that one should feel when receiving ones first carbon MTB – I was expecting more problems with some aspect of the bike, I was thinking that if Canyon’s mechanics are anything like Canyons service department I will be guaranteed a bike with a problem – BUT I was not disappointed the bike was really well and safely packed, I was able to put the bike together without any problems at all, my first ride was on the road gear change etc. was very smooth and as it should be, the next day took a ride on my local trail which was well washed out covered in debris but this bike plowed through and over everything in its path, as my old bike was over 10 years old with components near 6 years old I just can’t compare the 2 – night and day – I love this bike and really can’t find any fault with it. The sizing chart recommended me to get a medium size but the large size frame I got suits my long limbed 179Cm. body perfectly – so anyone contemplating a bike order should carefully check sizing and not take the word of sizing charts.
    Conclusion.
    Though my order experience was bad and I felt that very often the people answering my questions really didn’t know much about bikes, were sloppy and really slow in answering my questions, the final product was excellent but I do worry that finally the mechanics putting the bikes together will develop the careless attitude that sales department have – maybe my experience was the 1 bad one out of hundreds of good ones.
    Would I recommend Canyon bikes ? Yes I would but if you are in a hurry for a bike you might want to choose a model that is available for purchase straight away, if you are in a position to wait well and good. I would buy from Canyon again but hope that they will endeavor to improve the services department and answer questions in a more timely and professional manner.

Viewing 17 posts - 161 through 177 (of 177 total)

The topic ‘Canyon bikes nightmare!’ is closed to new replies.