Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Can’t sync all music to iPhone 8
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Syncd my wife’s iPhone 8 to my iTunes on laptop as I use two music libraries on the one laptop. Her library has about 3k songs but I can only manage to get 300 onto the phone. If I tweak the settings between all music and manual selection, the memory bar shows all the music, but when I sync it shrinks back to the 300 or so. Any ideas gratefully received.

fatgit
    Free Member

Hi

Not entirely sure what you mean but I’ve just learnt you can only sync a phone to one iTunes library on one pc unless you manually transfer it to another pc.

Eg My iTunes library on my old pc is not on my new Mac yet. I tried to transfer my music from the phone to the Mac and it wouldn’t let me for the above reason.

I have to first transfer the iTunes from the old pc to a memory stick then put it on the Mac and then the phone will sync

Hope that makes sense

Cheers

Steve

DickBarton

I had similar on whypod…it was almost full so I had to take a backup, remove everything and then add it all back. I’m thinking there was a load of temp stuff that hadn’t been removed – updates and the like.

Had to resync about 5 times after that but it is all there. Also managed to get back about 4gb of space, so more songs could be added.

Not on a phone though so might not be the same…

allthegear
    Free Member

Have you definitely disabled “Optimise Storage” in the Music settings?

Rachel

bikebouy
    Free Member

IOS12 is out today, my devices are downloading it.

Have yours loaded 12 yet, if so some settings may have changed..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Can’t sync all music to iPhone 8’ is closed to new replies.