Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • zerolight
    Free Member

Took it out for the first proper run today. It was a lot of fun, even with the stock tyres. Found the suspension a little firm at one step below the recommended settings – have moved to two steps below which is probably getting me better sag anyway. Will see what happens next ride.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@tricky – I bought and fitted a couple of those, they are quite a bit stiffer than MuckyNutz but seem to do the job well enough, they are also bigger than MN.

zerolight
    Free Member

What size bars came with yours? Mine turned up with 800mm bars even though the spec sheet says 760mm. Not complaining as I like them, but curious.

RustyNissanPrairie

finally happy now I’ve dialled it in;

Bashguard for the older Jekylls (Cannondale don’t do one to fit the 2015 models) – had to cut 4 slots for it to fit over the cable guides.

Running the travel adjust cable externally as it gives a less angled bend coming up into the shock for easier/better feel.

Also ran the dropper cable through a piece of black PU airline tubing that is cable tied onto the dropper cable guides. Allows smoother action without rubbing the frame anywhere.

Cables shortened, Middleburn oilers fitted, SRAM scuff things and Jagwire do-dah things (I hate cable rubbage!)

203mm disc from bikediscount.de

Raceface NW direct mount 32t

Trusty Shimano fitted – (the X9 clutch was useless and I really missed the double downshift of Saint/XT shifters), Zee, XT cassette, Saint shifter.

binners

Well today’s ride was cut short when the X-Fusion Hilo that came with the Trigger, did what X-Fusion Hilo’s do, and for no apparent reason whatsoever, and without warning, just spaffed it’s guts up all over itself. It managed a handful of rides, which given my terminally low expectations of their utterly shite products, even managed to surprise me. It’s quite staggering just how outstandingly crap they are.

Given the fact that I’ve had previous experience with their truly hopeless customer ‘service’ already, and have absolutely no wish to repeat that utterly spirit-crushing experience, I’m not even going to bother with trying to make a warranty claim. I’m just going to throw it in a pond.

So what’s everyone running then? Reverbs I presume? Are they easy enough to fit? No issue with the routing? Anyone running Owt else?

jaylittle
    Free Member

I have a reverb on mine, think i really made a meal of the routing and had to remove the forks to get the hose out of the frame.

longmover
    Free Member

Reverb stealth here, really easy to route internally.

zerolight
    Free Member

I had a great ride on my new Trigger on Sunday. Total blast going down and fun everywhere else. My only issue, my right thumb is aching from shifting the travel adjust lever so much. Any way to relieve that tension a bit?

wwaswas

Every time this thread pops up it reminds me that dbcooper left the forum following a bit of a scrappy thread she started. And it makes me a bit sad.

crazymac680
    Free Member

I put me wear stickers on my fork and down tube on Sunday before a great 17 mile cycle. I got home and they had both worn through. Is there a better quality type I should be using?

zerolight
    Free Member

I figured why my bars were 800mm. The shop built up my bike with the right hand brake and shifter 40mm to far to the right and half the grip hanging off the bar making it seem wider! 🙂

trickyd444
    Free Member

crazymac680:

I’ve started using Gorilla Tape in their handy roll size, £2.87. I bought it to ghetto my tubeless wheels as the yellow stuff in there already is crap and leaking air… anyway this tape is brilliant at preventing rub marks too.

http://www.diy.com/departments/gorilla-handy-roll-tape-l9m-w254mm/1162444_BQ.prd?gclid=Cj0KEQjwwpm3BRDuh5awn4qJpLwBEiQAATTAQa0h3jjJ0c8pEyAFpoQhmKOi-DaO0-w2vnTTpfR82TYaAua48P8HAQ&ppc_type=shopping&ecamp=SEAPLA1162444_BQ&ef_id=Vp-1AgAABe7JUqlm:20160314205033:s

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

@Zerolight-Did you ride it like that then?!

zerolight
    Free Member

Ashy, I did ride it with the grip half off the bar! Shocking! It’s all good now.

I was feeling quite proud of myself for shortening the brake hoses, shock and dropper cables, and getting it all neat. Then I rode it and realised I got brake fluid on the rear rotor and pads. Squeal and crap stopping power. So mad at myself. Looks good though.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Fp48J6]Trigger Carbon 2[/url] by graham_dorrian, on Flickr

zerolight
    Free Member

Well I fixed my brake issue by cleaning the rotor with lighter fluid and baking the pads in the oven for a while. I did have a heart in mouth moment with the rear calliper when mounting it back onto the adaptor – crossed a thread, it’s like it’s made of cheese. Managed to correct it eventually but will probably buy another adaptor to be safe.

Things I’ve learned this week:

– The rear calliper adaptor mount is made of cheese. Take care with it.
    – The KS Lev Remote is easily broken – if you tighten it up too much, not all that tight, then loosen it to move it, a nut turns with the screw and shears the plastic bracket at the back so you can’t mount it again. Pauls sent me a new one, but I think I want to buy a sturdy metal one some time.
    – Shortening the hoses and cables for both the seatpost and rear shock is a doddle and seems to make them easier to actuate.

zerolight
    Free Member

I really like the Odi Rogues on this bike. The stock grips are too narrow.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/Fdnqn3]Trigger Carbon 2[/url] by graham_dorrian, on Flickr

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Finally got round to finishing tweaking the Jekyll Carbon 2 I bought on the back of this thread. I had it a week before buying a secondhand Fatty and it has been hardly ridden. Anyway now it has Nobby Nics, XT 1x11and Hope Tech 3 V4 brakes and Hope 183mm rotors.
    The guys at Rides On Air have it today to shorten the rear brake hose as I didn’t fancy buying DOT5.1 just for one brake.
    Really looking forward to getting out over the weekend.

zerolight
    Free Member

Very nice Eddie

longmover
    Free Member

The original BB has now died, luckily I have a new Hope one sitting at home to fit.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

@ zerolight- did it nor feel funny having one side longer than the other?! Haha!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just remembered, fitted an Absolute Black 32t oval NW as well. Happy days.

zerolight
    Free Member

@Ashy. I didn’t even notice it.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Eddie, your bike done a wee

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Eddie, your bike done a wee (double post, but it does look like it’s done 2…)

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Wouldn’t you have a little sex wee with shiny matching V4 brakes? I did.

jimoiseau
    Free Member

My only issue, my right thumb is aching from shifting the travel adjust lever so much. Any way to relieve that tension a bit?

Jerome Clementz uses a grip shift to actuate his on his EWS Jekyll. Planet X have an x0 one for 15 quid at the minute:
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/GLSRX0GS/sram-x0-grip-shift-gear-lever-with-lock-on-grip

I’ve just ordered one for my Jekyll 4.

RustyNissanPrairie

My only issue, my right thumb is aching from shifting the travel adjust lever so much. Any way to relieve that tension a bit?

My aluminium Jekyll originally ran the cable internally through the frame – I changed it to external which gave a better bend leading up into the shock, I also added a Middleburn cable oiler and gave it a good lube. Both things made a big difference to the action.

I was toying with using my redundant front X7 shifter (went 1×10) to operate the travel adjust but in the end I stayed with the standard lever as it was easy to see what mode I was in as I forgot quite a bit and ended descending in 90mm quite a bit until I made a mental note to visibly check it more often.

zerolight
    Free Member

I’m leaving mine 2×10 so I don’t think the grip shift will work too well, especially with the XT levers which are thought to be a bit short for use with the grip shift. It’s certainly something I’m considering trying though. The cable bend on my shock remote doesn’t seem too severe and looks quite tidy. Not sure what the oiler thing is you speak of but I will look into it.

RustyNissanPrairie

http://www.middleburn.co.uk/uncategorized/product-feature-cable-oilers

2 minute job to lube a cable, have fitted them to bikes for years, great little things.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just had my first serious ride on XT1x11 on the Jekyll.
    Totally brilliant.
    Only on the Ridgway around Didcot but there are some climbs that were just in that front mech swap range and that has gone. The overall range seems fine to me with the 32t oval.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Has anyone replaced the bb bearings in their trigger 4? One of mine is completely seized and I’m not sure what to replace it with?

swainy90
    Free Member

Need your help guys. Just replaced the triple chainset for a single 30t narrow wide. Really happy with it tbh. However when I took the front dereilleur off it left a bracket. Has anyone found a cap that fits in its place rather than leaving the bracket on?? Can’t seem to be able to upload a photo for some reason

[list][*]

parkesie
    Free Member

Superstar had some that looked like they would do the job. I’ve just left the bracket on so far.

swainy90
    Free Member

Cheers for reply. Just had a look and they don’t seem like the right one for the cannondale. Needs to be more like a bolt with big head on it

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I just put the bolt back without the rest of the assembly.

westy1
    Free Member

Could anybody help me was thinking of buying giant trance1 2015 to I saw price of triggers thinking of the 2 do u think it’s better bike.and for climbing then trance don’t no what bike to order only started Sept got hooked then bought giant anthem love the bike but out grown it on suspension Tec thanks

parkesie
    Free Member

No idea of its a better bike as I’ve never tried the giant. I do however love my trigger. It’s all about the lefty for me.

zerolight
    Free Member

I too was looking at the Giant but opted for the Trigger C2. Love it. Never rode the Giant.

sync
    Free Member

I made this choice last week and went with the Trance 1 (2015).

My medium weighs 28lbs dead with no pedals which considering the spec on an alu frame including a dropper is pretty good. The frame looks awesome in the raw aluminium.

I found the giant t1 fit me better than the cannondale.

I spent the last 3 weeks looking at everything sub 4k and luckily I have a range of dealers within 30 miles that cover nearly all high end.

zerolight
    Free Member

Anyone thinking about the Leonardi Racing cable guide for the lefty, don’t bother. It’s cheap crap. Two halves push fit together around the cables. You cable tie one half to the lefty. As soon as you turn the bars, the pressure of the cables pops it apart. You are better off with a couple of cable ties looped together – I’m using a larger cable tie around the Lefty and a small tie looped through it and around the cables. Works better than the Leo which I am returning.

Viewing 40 posts - 921 through 960 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.