Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • trickyd444
    Free Member

I’ve been spending. Again.

Sunrace MS3 11-42 Cassette as I went 1×10 a few weeks back. Fitted no issues, just had to tweek the indexing and b-screw adjustment. Shifting feels as nice as the HG cassette but haven’t ridden it yet as it’s too bloody cold. Will (probably) report back over the weekend. £44.99 next day delivery from Triton cycles.

Ebay bargain, new Easton Havoc 50mm stem to replace the Cannondale 80mm. Just feels good, everything is a little more compact. Build quality is excellent and has titanium bolts. If you are changing stem to a 40mm stack height, helpfully the Cannondale is 51mm. I had to buy a 10mm spacer.

ssmith1979
    Free Member

Massive long shot, but I don’t suppose anyone that has bought one of these lives with shouting distance of Bristol?

I’m very close to hitting buy on the Trigger 2 but would be good to see one in the flesh (Or the 3 of 4) and talk to someone who owns one before splashing £2. I am an XL but wouldn’t be too fussy on that!

Many biscuits available in return. Chocolate ones…

crazymac680
    Free Member

Great day out today but took a hard hit and dented my rear rim and have a buckle.
    Wouldn’t seal so had to put a tube in.
    I’m considering getting new wheels but have no idea what hub axle rims I’d need. What should I be looking for?
    What wheel set would be an upgrade?
    Thanks for any help

eddiebaby
    Free Member

American Classic Wide Lightning available with Lefty front and X12 rear.

crazymac680
    Free Member

Sorry I should have said it’s a trigger 4.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Ahhh

crazymac680
    Free Member

Think I know what I’m needing now.
    Front 15mm
    Rear 12×142
    Free hub 8 9 or 10 shimano
    Which wheels would be an upgrade?
    Thanks

longmover
    Free Member

Has anyone tried offset bushes on their Trigger 27.5? What were the results like?

2POC

Does anyone know if the alloy Jekyll has routine for an internal dropper?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the alloy Jekyll has routine for an internal dropper

It does.

sargey

After doing about 300 miles on my trigger 4 I can say yes it’s an absolute bargain for £999.
    The rear shock Is really plush in both modes and the fork works well too.
    The only thing I get is a little bit of flex in the rear end but think that could be the tyre moving on the rim.

Dave.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Finally got around to try Rascal’s rear brake adapter fix. It’s a 180mm Shimano post adapter that’s needed and it works a treat so if you want to increase the rear disc size to 180mm that’s the way to do it. Cheers Rascal, good tip.

[/URL]]

trickyd444
    Free Member

Does anyone have any suggestions for a seat? I’m getting soft in my old age. WTB saddle is a pain in the ar$e.

Looking at a Charge Spoon but haven’t tried one before, any opinions?

rascal
    Free Member

Everyone’s arse is different. I like Charge seats and I like SDG Bel Airs. I guess based on that then they must be a similar shape. I also don’t mind the WTB that came with my Trigger….make of that what you while 🙄

whereisthurso
    Free Member

I’ve stuck with the wtb sale for now and don’t find it too bad. Previously I had Charge scoops on all my bikes which I think are excellent.

angeldust
    Free Member

Okay….Trigger 27.5 Carbon 2 Vs Carbon Team.

I’ve looked up a few reviews that quote the weight of the carbon 2 as ~30lbs. Can only find 2 reviews for the Team that quote a weight….one is 24.8lbs(!), the other ~27.8lbs. The latter (27.8lbs) seems much more likely. Can any owners shed any light?

longmover
    Free Member

I really like my Trigger 4. I have changed a few things on it from stock, added a reverb when I first bought it and since then I have changed the tyres to Michelin Rock’R 2 Advanced, blackspire narrow wide ring and bashguard, new grips, saint shifter and Zee rear mech.
    I do find it a bit draggy on climbs and flatter sections but once it gets going down hill it is a lot of fun. I have ordered some offset bushings to slacken the headtube by 1.5 degree and drop the bb by 15mm which should make it even more fun going down.

notlocal
    Free Member

My carbon team weighs 26.8lb covered in dry mud with rear light/bottle cage and 2.3 Vigilantes.

andyl
    Free Member

longmover, where did you get the bushes from?

longmover
    Free Member

I have ordered them from offset bushings
    Hopefully they will turn up this week so I can fit them for the weekend.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Bugger. Trigger carbon 2 ordered. My credit card is weeping!

RustyNissanPrairie

I don’t think offset bushes will work that well with it being a pull shock rather than a compression shock, a big bottom out might possibly rotate the/a bush round?

Keep us updated as I’m currently looking at Works offset headset for my Jekyll.

longmover
    Free Member

I was thinking that but I have read about it being done to the Jekyll so thought it was worth a go. I also looked at angle sets but I don’t think you can get one to fit.

angeldust
    Free Member

Thanks notlocal. What frame size?

withersea
    Free Member

If anyone has been having trouble with cable run on the lefty forks but a set of speed stuff neoprene guards for DH forks, snip and fit. It does a great job. The stick on clamp that someone recommended looked but was pooop!

trickyd444
    Free Member

Offset bearings should work but you would have to put them in opposite to a standard shock, so you are effectively making the shock longer. Really depends if the pivot has available travel.

RustyNissanPrairie

Offset bearings should work but you would have to put them in opposite to a standard shock, so you are effectively making the shock longer. Really depends if the pivot has available travel.

yep you are correct – in my befuddled brain I was thinking of them making the shock ‘shorter’ whereas they need to make the shock longer. I am an engineer as well…..the shame.

trickyd444
    Free Member

I am an engineer as well…..the shame.

So am I! At least your shame is limited to a public forum… 😆

longmover
    Free Member

I’m a geologist so just blagging it as usual

fedormega
    Free Member

I lasted one brief ride with the WTB saddle on my Trigger 4.

Charge spoon was on ASAP.

I was surprised by the difference in feel (pain vs comfort) as they are quite similarly shaped.

Had the Trigger for about 4 months and over 300m miles and yet to ride it in the dry.

Still, tremendous fun and I am still ripping a few good Strava times with the Wolverines on (rear is nearly dead) so can’t wait until the summer!

crazymac680
    Free Member

I didn’t mind the wolverines but I’ve noticed the upgrade to trail kings.
    I haven’t put my charge spoon on as it’s 50 grams heavier even though it’s far more comfortable (I know I’m ridiculous)
    I’m a bit pissed off with the cable rub next to the rear shock. It’s gone through my protective strips and it’s really quite deep. The warranty states it doesn’t cover damage caused by cable rub. Seems like it could be catastrophic after about a year. Tempted to complain but not sure I’d have a leg to stand on.

crazymac680
    Free Member

Oh has anyone tried the 11- 40 10 speed rear cassete? Any difference between praxis or sunrace? Or the 11-42
    Thanks

Jason
    Free Member

On mine (a carbon frame) there is a protective metal plate in the area where the shock cable touches the frame. Not sure if you can get them for all the frames?

notlocal
    Free Member

withersea, I’m on an XL.
    Jason, I think the metal patch/guard can be bought from qwerty cycles, they do a lot of dale spares. I got a sag indicator from them for my Jekyll, before changing to the Trigger.

trickyd444
    Free Member

Oh has anyone tried the 11- 40 10 speed rear cassete? Any difference between praxis or sunrace? Or the 11-42
    Thanks

I’ve fitted the Sunrace 11-42 in steel, got it for £44.99. Fitted no problem, changes gear perfectly even to the 42t. Matched it with a oneup components narrow wide oval 32t.

The 42t has made quite a difference on really steep sections, especially swearing, much less swearing now.

fedormega
    Free Member

Is this the metal plate fitted to the carbon frame…
    http://qwertycycles.co.uk/products/cannondale-trigger-27-5-chainstay-protect-kp345

Any tyre suggestions for this lovely uk weather? Nothing too heavy as the Trigger 4 is weighty enough and plenty of hills to climb around me.

Anyone running any specialized tyres as they are always pretty cheap?

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

thats the Anti Chain-suck plate for the chainstay

fedormega
    Free Member

Thanks for the info

Any idea which one is required to protect the frame from cable rub near the rear shock….

Frame Protection

RustyNissanPrairie

parts ID’s here (allthough not for the 27.5 Trigger)
    http://www.cannondalespares.com/exploded_diagrams

fedormega
    Free Member

Cheers dude, will give them a ring and update on here as I’m guessing other alloy trigger riders frames are being eaten alive by cable rub

Viewing 40 posts - 801 through 840 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.