Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • hammerite
    Free Member

I noticed some rub on both seat stays when I was cleaning my bike, which I think must be from shoe rub same place both side). Never noticed it on previousu bikes and not noticed my feet rubbing when I actually ride.

pjbarton
    Free Member

rascal, i did 32 thin/fat front with a regular 11-36 out back and was almost ok in the Peak (my old rush)

Just wanted a bit lower up tech climbs – so a 40t extender should do it I think

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Rascal, I’ve just converted my Trigger to 1×10. 42T expander and 32T oval chainring on the front and have found it’s superb. Easy job too.

pjbarton
    Free Member

Ooh, jonnytheleyther, which oval 32t did you get?

did you go hope t-rex? – any shift issues with 42 (vs 40)?

rascal
    Free Member

jonny – is yours a Trigger 4 with Deore chainset and cassette?
    The cassette could be a problematic putting an expander on as it can’t be split to take the 15 to 17 out to make way for it. How do you find the oval? Was going to go 30 up front with 40 out back…would that be similar to 32 and 42 like yours?

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Mines the 2 mate so cassette splits. I’m sure there’s someone with a 10 speed XT cassette knocking about with people going 1×11?

I like the oval chainrings, some people can’t tell the difference but I feel it helps. Personally I’d always prefer to have the extra 2 cogs on the back but I can see that a 30T up front would work too.

pjbarton
    Free Member

Mine the 2 also so any advice on your oval would be relevant and appreciated – does it sit where your big one was? did you get to keep the cranks?

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Yeah sat in same place, the chainlines pretty good too. I find them great for climbing. Cranks are fine on it too. If you send me you’re email address I can send you pictures if you want? I’m rubbish at posting pictures on here.

pjbarton
    Free Member

I think I just emailed you Jonny – cheers

Or… pauljonathanbarton AT gmail.com

fedormega
    Free Member

Rascal, glad you saw the light with your 1×10 trial ride the other day. Like i posted earlier, you just grunt it for a few weeks and then watch your fitness increase dramatically, as you discovered with the full body workout whilst climbing.

Hope you get the expander cog / cassette issue sorted. Sorry but have no advice there.

Also, yes the black rubbed off my crank arms in a few rides also. I don’t know why they just don’t make them all silver!? (prob a ploy to make us upgrade to XT?)

rascal
    Free Member

Currently seeing what the good folk of STW have to help make the transition easy and cost-effective – see recent post in WANTED – cheers 😉

kevin1911

This might seem like a daft question, but I’d it normal for the lefty-equipped bikes to always have the bars, fork and front wheel flop to the left when you let go of the bars? It’s not really noticable when steering but as soon as i take my hands off the bars it flops to the left. Er, is that why it’s called a lefty?

rascal
    Free Member

I flop to the left and I have Fox ‘normal’ forks 😉

Jason
    Free Member

Mine is the same. Riding no handed means I have to lean the bike very slightly to go in a straight line, although not really noticeable. Strangely I notice the lack of turning more when I go back to a ‘normal’ fork that doesn’t try to turn.

rascal
    Free Member

Anyone gone 1×10 with Trigger 4 using expander cog?
    Not sure if I need a long cage mech…or even what SLX mech I currently have (not at home to check!)

crazymac680
    Free Member

It’s a long cage slx shadow+.
    Pretty sure the cassette needs sawn to remove a ring to then fit the expander. I’m just toughing it out.

crazymac680
    Free Member

Think I would buy this over an expander ring. Decent price and no large gaps in gears.
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=201461356508&alt=web

binners

I noticed some rub on both seat stays when I was cleaning my bike, which I think must be from shoe rub same place both side). Never noticed it on previousu bikes and not noticed my feet rubbing when I actually ride.

My feet have been hitting the seat stays too. Which I’ve never had on any bike before. Glad its not just me. I’ve slapped a pair of Lizard Skins chain stay guards on the seat stays to save the paintwork.

Incidentally… I don’t know if anyones noticed These . I’ve just ordered a shorter 50mm one for mine. Can’t argue at that price. Bargain

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Finally took advantage of an hours sunshine to rip the tubes out of the Nobby NICs on the Jekyll and throw in some Slime. Going tubeless with those Mavic rims was effortless. No soap, no water, just pump them lightly until they popped. Take out the cores and throw in Slime and the job was done. Well impressed.

hammerite
    Free Member

Binners – glad it’s not just me either. Not a bad idea with the Lizard Skins. Starting to wonder if I should have taped the bike.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Taped most of my frame up, just a shame i haven’t ridden it yet!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Been riding my Jekyll 2 a lot in the rain today, has anyone else found the XT brakes squeal like Avids in the soggy? My Trigger doesn’t do this…

granny_ring

If anyone needs one of those 50mm stems that binners linked to the other day, I have one going. I bought the last one and forgot that I’d bought one a while ago for my prophet.
    Email in profile.

Mole
    Free Member

Hi granny ring,I’ll take that stem please. I’ll e mail you now. Cheers.

Mole
    Free Member

Eddiebaby,how do you find the Jekyll 2 compared with your trigger? Had a go on my brothers brand new trigger 2 today at gisburn-xt brakes noisy as- Avids on mine were silent for once! Considering a purchase just now sure what to go for. Jekyll reviews are a bit mixed.

binners

Mole – order some 1.5″ spacers. Stack height on the Easton is waaaaaay lower than the standard Cannondale stem. I got a set of these

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Aargh. I’ve just dropped the little piece or if the swing arm of my trigger that routes the front derailleur cable. It’s disappeared down the drain in the garage door! Does anyone has gone 1×10 have a spare one I could buy or know of where I could get one? Cheers

eddiebaby
    Free Member

@mole
    Hard to say really as my Trigger is an alloy 29er.
    The Trigger just eats the miles up but is bulky, the Jekyll is simply more fun. But if I was doing a 40 mile off road ride 8d take the Trigger. For a fun bouncy ride the Jekyll gets it every time.
    Sorry I can’t be more helpful. They really are massively different.

Mole
    Free Member

Cheers Eddie,didn’t realise you had the 29er-different beasts! Cheers for link binners. Edging towards a trigger 2 with the fork converted to 160mm and some decent tyres,those supplied are pants.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Whereisthurso, what exactly is the bit you’re after? I’ve gone 1×10 on my Trigger and i’ll send you the bit if ive got it.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

In fact I think I know what you mean, is it a black polished bit?

whereisthurso
    Free Member

It’s the circular part in this picture. It goes in a hole on the back of the chainstay brace and the gear cable outer stops in it.
    [/URL]]

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Anyone able to help at all? Can’t even find anywhere that you can buy one new. What a pain!

hhornet
    Free Member

I had been following this thread with interest and had decided to get one of the Triggers, just when I had finally managed to convince the other half that I needed one, Pauls had sold them all!
    Having been searching everywhere else trying to find one (at anywhere near the same price) I called Pauls to see if they had any left and they have some more back in stock!
    I’m picking one up on Wednesday! I’m a bit new to mountain bikes so thanks to everyone on here for the advice! See you on the trails!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

whereisthurso – Member

Anyone able to help at all? Can’t even find anywhere that you can buy one new. What a pain!

I went 1×10 so I’ll see if I can locate it tonight for you.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I can find the big part you need Thurso but not the smaller part, I’ve got a spares box I’ll tip out later if no one can help and see if it’s ended up in there.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Thanks very much guys. I’ve contacted the nearest Cannondale dealers to me too so hopefully I’ll manage to find one somewhere.

rascal
    Free Member

Thurso – I’ve been following this hoping you get sorted.
    I’m in the process of going 1×10 so effectively have that bit spare…but if I decide I don’t like it I’ll need that bit to put the mech back on was was reluctant to give it up at this stage.

andylitespeed
    Free Member

Glad someone mentioned the BB filling up with water issue. Emptied mine three times now, have a stealth dropper fitted so it must be getting in via that grommet below the lower shock mount?

Not sure a drilled hole would work as there is a lot of grit/silt.

So it is either some silicon sealant or stop riding in the wet!

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Cheers Rascal. I’ve already sold my expander cog and narrow wide ring so I’m going to improvise with an old 30t ring and my 11-36 cassette along with a chainguide until I can get my 2×10 running again.

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.