Home Forums Bike Forum Cannondale Topstone sizing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cannondale Topstone sizing
  • meandyuk

Hi, I’m contemplating one of these bikes but i’m a bit confused on the sizing (i’m no expert when it comes to geometry)

I’m about 179cm/5″9 and the few bike shops I’ve asked have suggested a size medium for the topstone. However, looking at the Geometry chart for a size medium, it seems to compare more to a Caadx or other bikes that are size 56cm which are usually a little on the large size for me. I’m looking at TT length & reach figures.

Is there something i’m missing? I know I need to try one really but there aren’t any about !

Cheers
    Andy

sasanach
    Free Member

Two bikes that look very similar but designed for different ride styles. The Topstones are much longer for off-road stability (article), whereas the CAADX is based around cyclocross, so much more racey. I have a CAADX and have been looking at swapping it out for the Topstone, as although the CAADX is a fantastic bike, I always feel like it’s at the edge of it’s (or my) ability when the going gets rougher.
    Someone’s likely about to make a comment about the perils of BB30, but I’ve had no problems myself (yet).

meandyuk

Cheers for that. The BB30 doesn’t bother me (I have a caad12 with no problems) it’s the advantage of the Hydro brakes on the 105 topstone which is getting my interest.

TheGingerOne

I have a Slate in medium and am 180 cm. Though other Slate users run a large.

I would have thought the Topstone will have similar geometry to the Slate rather than a CAADX

trailwagger
    Free Member

I believe virtual top tube length is the better measurement to go by than reach due to gravel bikes having a slacker seat tube angle.

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Hargroves cycles have them on show at the moment! Go talk to them, touch it, feel it!

https://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/hub/events/cannondale-2019-preview-event/

meandyuk

Cheers but i’m up in yorkshire

meandyuk

Although I’ve not managed to try one I’m fairly sure I’m a size small for my height. These aren’t available until next March time 🙁 Looks like I’ll be going with the caadx

RustySpanner

Chevin in Otley do the Topstone, the Trek Checkpoint and the Whyte Devon.

I popped in a couple of weeks ago, they were very helpful. Didn’t have the Topstone on display yet, but I’m sure they’d get you one in.

Very impressed with the service and advice.

Might be worth a trip?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Topstone sizing’ is closed to new replies.