Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Cannock braking bumps- finally video evidence
  • kayak23

Pretty new to this Gopro lark. Just messing about on a Billy no mates ride at cannock at the weekend but forgot extra batteries and mounts but meh…….
    Good fun making these little clips but takes forever! 🙂

[video]http://vimeo.com/m/49583087[/video]

simondbarnes

Nice vid

jambalaya
    Free Member

Well made film, much more interesting to see footage off the bike than the headcam stuff.

BTW it seems to be you are creating the braking bumps mid berm and taking the top off the lip – no or qwas that the point of the thread title ?

maxray
    Free Member

1. great video, shows exactly what cannock trails are all about, looks like the trails are in good nick at the mo too.

2. how the hell did you manage that with no one else on the trails! 😀

althepal

Nice vid. A nice change from headcam stuff!

kayak23

BTW it seems to be you are creating the braking bumps mid berm

Ha yes, I apologise for that. It was very dusty and there was a camera, so naturally I was trying too hard… 😀

was that the point of the thread title ?

Its kind of a play on an old thread that has become something of a running joke…

how the hell did you manage that with no one else on the trails!

Patience, and lots of it. Mostly I set up the camera and went to run the section only to have about 300 riders suddenly turn up. Thats why my battery didn’t hold out for the last, and funnest section.
    I had to edit out some footage of a bloke and his family who ‘found’ my camera perched on the handrail of the bridge…. Oi thats mine!… 😆

Houns

Ok, pause at 32 secs In to type this

A. Pads?! We don’t want to see you get dressed

B. I would have pissed myself if you didn’t see the transit and rode in to it 😆

😀

kayak23

A. Pads?! We don’t want to see you get dressed

It all helps paint the picture…come on, where is your sense of theatre? 😉
    I edited out the pants bit… 😯

I would have pissed myself if you didn’t see the transit and rode in to it

It nearly happened 😀

rocketman
    Free Member

most excellent!

postierich
    Free Member

Thanks for that, I miss Cannock Chase 🙁

scruff
    Free Member

Funny that Rich, it doesnt miss you one bit. 😛

footflaps

Nicely edited, but you’ve been taking an excessive risk, I suggest you need more travel and a full face lid to be safe riding there with the braking bumps as bad as they are.

kayak23

Nicely edited, but you’ve been taking an excessive risk, I suggest you need more travel and a full face lid to be safe riding there with the braking bumps as bad as they are.

I was on a 26″ bike too, 29″ is needed for those braking bumps really, perhaps swapping bikes to a 650B on the smoother bits… 😀

swingbing
    Free Member

I’ve done Cannock on a dry day like that once this year. Forgot how quick it can be. Nice vid, gave me the motivation I need to go out for a ride.

Scapegoat

Last berm…. LOL!!!

Looks like it may be worth a visit. Hadn’t really considered Cannock before. Which run were those “Severe trail features” on? I thought I recognised a step down between two trees from some other Radcore boys’ vids

bamboo
    Free Member

Nice video. Like your saxon mill video too, we aren’t too far away…. you’ll have ridden near my house on that ride.

fathomer

That’s the best video of Cannock riding I’ve seen, very good indeed.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Looks like it may be worth a visit. Hadn’t really considered Cannock before. Which run were those “Severe trail features” on? I thought I recognised a step down between two trees from some other Radcore boys’ vids

There are quite a few of those on the Monkey trail, not really step down’s or drops though, just rolls, if you dropped them you’d
    a) need sniper precision to get between the trees on some of them (I rathery comically found 760mm bars don’t fit!)
    b) land to flat (Cannock has a lot of this for some reason, not the usual trail center mound in the trail for small airtime, propper wedge shaped take offs to……………nothing?)

franki
    Free Member

Nice video! You could be forgiven for thinking it was filmed in the USA, not my local(ish) haunt.

Wookster

Liked that mate!

Jobe
    Free Member

Great video, it’s lovely up there at the moment, think I will get up there after work tomorrow 🙂

kayak23

Thanks for the positive comments. It’s real good fun making films, and this is really my first biking one. I was amazed just how long it took me to get round the whole loop what with all the angles and setting up etc…

Bamboo, you must live in Milverton/old Milverton yes?

JoeG
    Free Member

Good job. I especially liked the multiple camera angles and locations that add a lot of interest.

Not one of those “here’s my 12 hour ride in real time from my helmet cam” videos that seem so common.

Scapegoat

JoeG – Member
    Good job. I especially liked the multiple camera angles and locations that add a lot of interest.

Not one of those “here’s my 12 hour ride in real time from my helmet cam” videos that seem so common.
    Go on, admit it, there’s a voyeuristic side to you that searches Youtube for “close pass” commuter footage …..

grum
    Free Member

Nice video – do you have the screen thingy for the GoPro or are you just framing your shots through trial and error/guesswork?

takisawa2

Superb. Almost makes me glad Cannock is only 15mins away.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Lovely vid, makes me a bit miserable that I’ve not been out to the woods for a fair few weeks now though. 🙁

jkomo

Great vid.
    I’ve always wondered what what lay in those black runs.
    The log balancing bits put me off exploring the other areas.

Bernaard
    Free Member

Nice vid that. I have only recently started riding Cannock Chase again.
    It gets slated, but with what they have, its a pretty good place to ride

tthew

That’s ace. It’s just like the films I have in my head when I take my GoPro out, but once I’m off and riding I just don’t want all the faffage!

I assume you would like some honest opinions as you posted it up. I’d have like to have seen some longer POV shots, (head, handlebar, chest) in the mix as well, like on the Upper and Lower Cliff sections. Might have made your editing a little less time consuming too!

Here’s one I did a year or so ago at Llandegla with more of the riders eye stuff in it.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfWCD-W3Br0&feature=plcp[/video]

vorlich
    Free Member

Nicely put together.
    Looks like some fun, if rather flat, trails you have down there.

Potdog
    Free Member

Must admit I was expecting the guy riding back into the car park at the start of the vid to run off with the Go-Pro he’d found just lying around on the floor 😉

Nice stuff though. It’s a great way to put tome interest into a solo ride.

kayak23

Nice video – do you have the screen thingy for the GoPro or are you just framing your shots through trial and error/guesswork?

Bit of both. To be fair, when the camera is way down on the ground and the sun is streaming down you often just can’t see whats in view on the LCD so just rely on the fact its a good wide angle. Its quite nice to be surprised by the shots you have when you edit it later though.

but once I’m off and riding I just don’t want all the faffage!

Very true, though I’ve come to see it as another interest lately. Its not just filming my interest, it IS my interest. Its such good fun when it works out but yeah, it does interrupt any flow in your ride. You find yourself sprinting everything though so its totally knackering too.

I’d have like to have seen some longer POV shots, (head, handlebar, chest) in the mix as well, like on the Upper and Lower Cliff sections. Might have made your editing a little less time consuming too!

Yes you’re right. However, I left the house in a rush and forgot all my mounts and my spare battery. Every shot was filmed with the camera mounted on one of those miniature bendy tripods. Worked ok mostly but yes, some decent POV would have been nice, although there is waaay too much of that with most Gopro footage and personally I find it unwatchable, boring and jerky.
    Yeah my battery didn’t last. I got to the top of Lower Cliff all ready to film the wicked fast descent there and it was dead 🙁
    Too much footage from earlier and too many hundreds of folks walking through my set! 🙂

Looks like some fun, if rather flat, trails you have down there.

Its like most videos, they make everything look flat. The Alps it aint but for the Midlands its pretty good in places.

Must admit I was expecting the guy riding back into the car park at the start of the vid to run off with the Go-Pro he’d found just lying around on the floor

Yeah, a guy and his family nearly did that when I left it on the bridge. I had to shout to him it was mine… 😆

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘Cannock braking bumps- finally video evidence’ is closed to new replies.