Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cane Creek Inline – Are they now sorted?
  • patriotpro
    Free Member

Looking at getting https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjuoIbujLjVAhVnDsAKHY4HC4MQFggoMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chainreactioncycles.com%2Fcane-creek-dbinline-rear-shock%2Frp-prod125182&usg=AFQjCNGQt6xNNdSSWpR38taEcOUSg04F1Q

Have no previous experience coming of back to back Fox shocks but having heard about reliability issues from real-world users and the mtb press I am dubious.

Whatcha reckon…

oldeh
    Free Member

Ive got the old model but with the new internals and its been faultless. I haven’t heard of any of the new ones having any problems so i wouldn’t worry.

gkeeffe

Mine good too!

amedias
    Free Member

Anything listed as “DB Air IL” should all be new internals and fine.
    If it’s the old model you’ll need to check if it’s had the upgrade/fix or not as there are a few old ones knocking about.

On CRC it’s listed as “DBInline” which is a bit ambiguous, could be the old model pre-fix despite the pic being of a DBAir IL so I’d be wary.

FWIW, I’d buy it from TF tuned for £15 more and have the piece of mind* that it’s definitely the right model and OK, and that if anything does go wrong with it you’ll probably have a better customer services experience with TF.

https://www.tftuned.com/dbair-il/p3296

*cos they do this:

What we do to new shocks BEFORE you get them:

Strip, check for assembly faults, ensure optimum function
    Set-up the shock for you, your bike and the way you ride
    Supply correct mount kits so they’re ready to fit and ride on your bike
    Detail the set-up we’ve done for you on the back of the invoice, for your future reference

nixie

I hoping TF will fit new internals to my old model when it has its warranty inspection (failed at 2 months old).

5plusn8
    Free Member

TF just fixed my old one with new internals, and gave me lots of choices/adjustments to suit my riding weight. I am a bit smitten with the performance of the shock now and kind of edging towards TF loyalty. They had a decent discussion with me about what did and didn’t need to be done, gave good advice and sent me a set up sheet based on our discussions.

PJM1974
    Free Member

My experience with an Inline has been one of expensive heartache. It works brilliantly, until it doesn’t.

The extra £190 I’m going to have to pay to make it as reliable as my Rockshox Monarch hurts too.

The saga has made me very wary about Cane Creek products in general – headsets excepted of course.

d45yth
    Free Member

I had my Inline upgraded to the IL by TF Tuned – it was a big improvement, but I’m not sure how much that was to do with the upgrade or the settings TF recommended. I’d rather buy from TF just for that reason.
    I’ve had no problems with mine, except that it’s shown my fork up so I now want work done on that!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies, TFT are obviously well respected and i have taken the recommendation on board…

I’ve had no problems with mine, except that it’s shown my fork up so I now want work done on that!

The’ll be getting done on mine in time also 😉

chrismac

Another vote for TFT. Mine was sorted by them when it did the fall apart thing, being superb after they sorted it for me. Most of the bill was cleared as warranty, I just paid for the service it was due anyway

slickandslide
    Free Member

All the Inlines we have serviced and fitted with the new damper and air spring parts have been faultless since going back on the bikes. They seem to have it sorted with the new seal updates.

poah
    Free Member

Buying from TFT also gets you the hardware fitted. They were great with the IL I got for my sons ripcord and I got the original inline from them as well as my currrent IL coil. I had no issues with my original Iine.

patriotpro
    Free Member

poah – Member
    Buying from TFT also gets you the hardware fitted

Is hardware shock or frame-specific?

chiefgrooveguru

Both isn’t it?

chakaping
    Free Member

More varied according to frame.

The DU bushings can differ in external diameter according to shock, but IIRC the DB inline was same as RS and Fox.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cane Creek Inline – Are they now sorted?’ is closed to new replies.