Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can you get the RAC to check over garage work after it has been done?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

My car is back to the dealer tomorrow for the clutch and DMF sorting. I don't trust him at all as he is a car dealer!
    Is there any way i can get the car checked over by an independent mechanic (rac) before i pay for the work?

scraprider
    Free Member

hi m8 , main dealer or arfur daley type.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

option b

scraprider
    Free Member

prolly in a word no ,"I don't trust him at all as he is a car dealer!"
    you cant say that cos he would prolly sue you ,even tho he is dare i say dodgey, best thing you can do mate , is have the work done, if not happy go to trading standards, he has the responsibilty for 3 months , use them wisley mate, and keep it legal like.

spooky_b329

If you bought the car within six months, he has to prove the car was not faulty when you bought it otherwise he has to pay for it himself 🙂

al-london
    Free Member

Why not spend a bit more and get done at good independant rather than cheapest price. I have heard horror stories when full kits not being fitted and having to be done again. Main dealers cost more you get flashy showrooms but that is it. Generally technicians are better in independants. Let me know the area and I will recomend a garage.

Worth looking at Bosch service network as they have a very strict code of conduct and I get alot of good reports.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

i have ditched cheap dealer and am going to one that costs more but is recommended by steveH off here and also mate in the trade

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can you get the RAC to check over garage work after it has been done?’ is closed to new replies.