Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Can you flip it ? Do you flip it ?
  • weeksy

Just curious…

Do you have a flip chip ? If so, do you ever flip it ? I had a Mino Link on the Trek, tried it in Hi, didn’t like it… set to Lo… it then stayed there.

I’m just about to have a play with the Slayer Ride-4 system though today….

julians
    Free Member

Yes had various forms of flip chip on various bikes,always just set in low and left there.

clubby

Have it on my Whyte. Came low, was too low so set it to high and it’s stayed there ever since. At least the Whyte gives 8mm of adjustment at the BB. Seen some that offer 4mm which just doesn’t seem worthwhile.

matt_outandabout

Yeah, I can drop my heels lower on the HT.
    🙃

singlespeedstu

There’s a chip on my Kenevo.
    That got put in low after the first ride and has stayed there.

My G1 offers three different lengths of chainstay adaptors and five or six ( can’t remember) different seat stay adaptors and two different shock positions.
    I experimented a fair bit with this to find what worked for me and that too has stayed the same since.
    The only time I’ll experiment again is if I change the rear wheel size or fit a fork with a different a to c length.

nwgiles

On my SC Bronson its in low and stays there
    For my Nukeproof Dissent depending on whether it’s park or DH, then I flip the chip and lengthen the rear …

v7fmp

for the brief period i had a Status i ran it in high. But i knew thats where i wanted it, so didnt try it in low.

Otherwise on an older RM Altitude i left it in the middle of the 9 available positions.

Tracey

Yes and yes on both the Turbo Levo and the Enduro

Blackflag
    Free Member

Had one on my Hightower. Came in low setting. Never bothered even trying it in high.

SirHC

KSL I’ve not touched:
    -Mid headcup
    -Long/low on chainstay
    Would be nice to have an option to change the BB height without using spring preload, then use the headcup to get the head angle back.

G1 I tend to change a bit depending on what rear wheel size and what I’m riding

ta11pau1

Old Jeffsy had a flip chip, it stayed in the low position.

My G1 offers three different lengths of chainstay adaptors and five or six ( can’t remember) different seat stay adaptors and two different shock positions.

As above my new G1 has 100’s of combinations of shock travel (162/175mm), seat stay length, chainstay length all separately adjustable – I’ve not gone down that rabbit hole yet! 🤣

seantemple
    Free Member

Levo – Low & Slack after playing with the different options
    G1 – Havent adjusted yet as havent had it long and its either been frozen or very weet under foot, but like others have said the amount of adjustability on them is endless.

desperatebicycle

I’ve got an old RM – stuck in slack, stayed in slack.
    My son has a Remedy. I only know we flipped it once cos we snapped the bolt doing it up with a torque wrench (a not-reverse-thread-compatible torque wrench). Been left alone once the replacement bolt was put in.

BB

I’ve got a RM Instinct. Living in the Chilterns, I steepen the head angle and shorten the chainstay for local riding, and make it slacker and longer for steep Welsh rides.
    Stops the bike being too boring for local stuff and make a difference (in my head at least) for the techy stuff.
    The adjustability is one of the reasons I bought the bike.

jimdubleyou

Izzo, yes I’ve flipped it from low to high a while ago and not changed it.

TBH, the bike doesn’t get ridden that much so I haven’t put too much thought into it…

ads678

I’ve got on my Reactor, trail or rail…..

I think it’s in trail, not sure I can arsed trying the other option.

milko9000
    Free Member

Bronson mk3, in low position now. I had a bit of a riding break and can’t tell the difference from the default high that I rode it as before.

the head angle can be adjusted from 65.4 degrees (high setting) to 65.1 (low setting). Bottom bracket drop changes four millimetres, from 9.8 to 13.8mm, and the seat tube angle shifts a mere 0.3 degrees, from 75.3 to 75

Hmm. Can anyone feel that difference?

ta11pau1

G1 – Havent adjusted yet as havent had it long and its either been frozen or very weet under foot

Ha, same here – it’s embarrassing how little I’ve ridden it since it was built. But it’s been like a quagmire here the last 3 months.

gotbike
    Free Member

Girlfriends got one in her reactor. She can’t tell the difference between trail and rail. Have left it in rail, it’s likely seized in there now anyway…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.