Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can you do sums? Streaming music, say 6hrs a day?
  • brant
    Free Member

My daughter is listening to tunes on deezer.com for, I would say, probably six hours a day. Or more.

How much bandwidth per hour is this using (guesstimate).

As my bandwidth useage seems to have increased rapidly of late.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

get an unlimited download package or cut the plug off her pc

Offroading
    Free Member

It’ll be using a fair amount of bandwidth over the month period. If you have a 1gb per month cap i’d get worried.

Get an uncapped service. They say they are uncapped but there not really i got a warning for using 50gb in a month once and i later discovered the whole allowance is 500gb a month so a few more users like myself and the ISP would be runnning low.

brant
    Free Member

I’ve got a 25Gig a month package, and useage has gone up from 11Gig before she got her laptop, to 29Gig now. I thought it was the next door neighbour using my Wifi, but I’ve secured it, Mac address locked it, and I’ve just seen we’ve used 7gig this month so far.

I’ve just blocked it, but I dare say there are others. I will see what else can be done via my router 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Music is about a meg a minute isn’t it?

chvck
    Free Member

Depends on the quality of the music being streamed but a friend of mine monitors his streams etc… and he uses about 1-2meg/minute for streaming good quality music (bit rate 256kbps)…so about 60-120 megs an hour

brant
    Free Member

So half a gig a day isn’t inconceivable. And even 1/4gig is feasible, which makes 8 gig a month. Jingo. I think we’ve got it 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can you do sums? Streaming music, say 6hrs a day?’ is closed to new replies.