Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Can you actually ride the red bull hardline track?
  • chainbreaker
    Free Member

Was watching some old hardline vids on youtube and it got me thinking, if you really wanted to could you actually go and ride the hardline track (or some of it anyway) or is it blocked off etc to stop idiots trying it and killing themselves in the process?

Just curious, as the location of the track obviously can’t be secret with the coverage it gets.

tomhoward

Iirc most of it is ripped down and rebuilt every year, so wouldn’t be much point trying, even if you could.

welshfarmer

The line of the track is very visible on Google Earth if you know where to look!

jamesoz

I’ve stayed at the farmers place who owns the land. When he saw the bikes he suggested we should ride the tracks on his hill. Much to our surprise when we climbed up the hillside it was the hard-line course.

We rode the start and had a look at other bits, but it’s just not rideable by normal humans and at every point it crosses a field, the fence is closed.
    A really nice couple and its private land. I bet if you ask them they’d let you up there, but you’re unlikely to be able to ride it.

sirromj

A really nice couple and its private land. I bet if you ask them they’d let you up there, but you’re unlikely to be able to ride it.

C’mon this is STW we’re all riding gods, how hard can it be?

jamesoz

If it wasn’t such a pain in the arse I’d put up some pics.

The road gap is particularly daft close up.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

It’s not that secret in terms of location, you can see the thing from a big main road.

I think you deserve a medal if you can ride it without killing yourself

But as above private land

bigginge

There was an article on this very website a couple of years ago about this.

Edit. Sort of anyway.

Red Bull Rampage: Think You Could Ride It? No You Can’t!

qwerty
    Free Member

Didn’t the G.O.A.T. look at it one year and go “naaaa fuk that”, and RatBoy played on it but decided not to race. Maybe it was just cos it was wet (Wales) but good luck if you try!

soobalias
    Free Member

i still ride it on my hardtail now and again, but there are better tracks if you have any local knowledge.
    EDIT – i cant even drink a redbull n vodka these days.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Can you actually ride the red bull hardline track?’ is closed to new replies.