Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 143 total)
  • Can we all laugh AT Moyles now?
  • Pieface

BBC let him carry on with his rant – did his whole team lock themselves away from BBC in a special room whilst he had his rant?

Publicity stunt or set up imo

Drac

I suspect if you had the buffer 600k per annum brings then it may have been less of an issue.

I suspect if he earns 600k, which he no longer does, then his life style will be around that. So equal to your £12.75 per week.

Woody
    Free Member

has anyone mentioned him being a fatty yet?

Sell him your diet idave – he can afford it and it’s about time you made some money out of it considering the amount of STW’ers who are on it for free 😉

Pook

DezB – Member
    Jeez PP, I wouldn’t even defend a DJ Head of Student Media at the University of Sheffield I respect (eg. Mary Anne Hobbs) with such vigour and enthusiasm!

fixed that for you

FuzzyWuzzy

What is it with the high numbers of crusty old radio 4 muppets on STW? :p
    It’s not supposed to be a in-depth educational show with a play list from the 19th century. Sure there are quite a few cringe-worthy and plain unfunny moments on his show (I generally only listen to first hour getting ready/driving to work) but it’s generally entertaining (and shock/horror I’m 37…). Sure he’s paid a lot to talk for a couple of hours a day but so are people doing an equivalent job on commercial stations – it’s bad enough having to pay a licence fee, I certainly wouldn’t want to pay it if the BBC became like a public service station relying on the cheapest/free ‘talent’ out there.
    I’d also be pretty pissed if I hadn’t got paid for 2 months (I’m sure his rent and bills are a fair amount more than mine). Besides it’s mostly just a media slow news day thing, he has a rant of some description most mornings and rarely plays a record before 7am. He’s not even supported by a female co-presenter as some muppet posted earlier (although he does rely heavily on his team and it would be very dull without them)

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I suspect if you had the buffer 600k per annum brings then it may have been less of an issue.

I suspect if he earns 600k, which he no longer does, then his life style will be around that. So equal to your £12.75 per week.

Oh no! Moyles may have to cut down on swan pies! Get real drac, £600k is an awful lot of money.

DezB
    Free Member

I’d also be pretty pissed if I hadn’t got paid for 2 months

Not sure how much alcohol you can afford without getting paid?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

STWers in “having a pop at someone successful” shocker.

He’ll have pulled more birds than any of us, earns more than any of us and is probably on every guest list of every gig/club in the UK.

A bit odd having a rant on air but hey ho, I’m sure he’ll survive.

djglover
    Free Member

I used to listen to moyles in my early 20’s and did find him and comedy Dave funny. I’m really supprised he’s still around though.

I hope they get shot of him and he turns up presenting a really crap satelite show like Keith Cheguin. He is less deserving of 600K than some bankers and footballers.

njee20
    Free Member

+1

It’s naive to assume that he’s living the same way as someone who earns 5% of what he does. I’m genuinely surprised by the number of self righteous c0cks here, there’s plenty of people earning a lot more money for similar/less work!

coffeeking
    Free Member

I’m genuinely surprised by the number of self righteous c0cks here

Really?! You don’t come here often obviously. You see here if someone isn’t working for minimum wage down the pits without complaining they should sit silently regardless of problems as they have no right to complain. As you see most people on here are just such hard-working, lowly paid, perfectly behaved people doing jobs that no-one thinks are useless/pointless, donating their free time & cash to the homeless, presenting hospital radio for free (and better than moyles) and so are in the best position to complain.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Really?! You don’t come here often obviously. You see here if someone isn’t working for minimum wage down the pits without complaining they should sit silently regardless of problems as they have no right to complain. As you see most people on here are just such hard-working, lowly paid, perfectly behaved people doing jobs that no-one thinks are useless/pointless, donating their free time & cash to the homeless, presenting hospital radio for free (and better than moyles) and so are in the best position to complain.

😆 😆

So true!

yunki
    Free Member

So true!

hey come on.. lets not forget the STW toryboy contingent who wholeheartedly support obscenely large salaries as long as they are earnt by executives and/or toffs..

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Yes Yunki, on STW unless you are talking about Carlos Slim, any judgement on the value for money of any person is irrelevant, as there is always someone richer 🙄

lunge

Right, I’m going to have a bit of a rant now, apologies in advance…

As I wrote before, like it or not, Moyles has the longest running breakfast show on Radio 1 ever, he has also added millions of listeners to a show that was in decline when he took it over. He has continued to grow the listener base year on year. Day time shows very, very rarely run as long as this as after a time the listeners get bored and turn off, so it is unfair to compare his longevity with people like John Peel and Mary-Anne Hobbs (both legends on my eyes).

Now you may not like his show (if you’re not between 16 and 25 you are not its target audience anyway), but there are clearly a huge amount of people who do and it is a hugely successful show.

As for the rant, well I don’t care if you earn £16k or £600k, if you don’t get paid you will be p***ed off. If you don’t get paid for 2 months then you will be at ranting and raging stage, so his actions are understandable, if not his smartest move. A lot of people have pointed out that he ranted for 30 mins without playing a record, well, if you listen to his show you will know it is rare that he does play a record between 6:30am and 7am. His show is not a music based show, he plays 2 records every half hour, rarely more.

Finally, even if you don’t like his show, laughing at someone who did not get paid is pretty low even by STW standards. Making comments about him splitting up with his long term girlfriend is even lower.

So guys, grow up, a guy who is in a bad place personally and has not been paid for 2 months has ranted about this. Why is this a surprise? And why are people seeming to take a great amount of pleasure from this?

…and breath…

Drac

Oh no! Moyles may have to cut down on swan pies! Get real drac, £600k is an awful lot of money.

It is hence why loosing 3 months wages has pissed him off at the 600k claim that’s 150k which “is an awful lot of money”. Would you be happy not receiving 1/4 of your annual pay?

The guy agreed to take a 20% per cut though so he’s no longer on 600k still not a bad wage though can’t deny that.

Woody
    Free Member

And why are people seeming to take a great amount of pleasure from this?

…probably because on the rare occasions I have listened to him he has belittled and taken the piss of others less fortunate, or perceived to be less intelligent than himself. No sympathy whatsoever me, in fact I’m 😆 at his current situation.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

“And why are people seeming to take a great amount of pleasure from this?”

Because it’s Chris Moyles!

iDave
    Free Member

moyles gets a salary from his own production co. it is the production co that may have not been paid. you can be sure the tosser has drawn a salary from his employers – who are not the BBC. so it’s not quite someone going without their pay.

i’m sure his lifestyle costs are in line with his salary, but it’s extremely unlikely that moyles didn’t get paid by his own production co since July.

his rant was pretty pathetic and ****, rather like his ‘product’

philconsequence
    Free Member

coffeeking and lunge +1

DezB
    Free Member

So guys, grow up

Piss off! We’re mountain bikers!

And why are people seeming to take a great amount of pleasure from this?
    Because he did it ON THE RADIO. Beacause he’s a celebrity. Because he’s a total kn0b! Need I go on? Did you see him on Buzzcocks? If ever there was one who can give it out but not take it…

Moses

But look what he’s complaining about: not paid since the end of July.
    So his August salary is 3 weeks late. That’s all.
    What’s the big deal?
    Tough.
    So is mine.
    And I’ve been put onto part-time working, so there’ll be less.
    I’m not complaining to my customers, just to the boss and you lot.

Junkyard
    Free Member

What is it with the high numbers of crusty old radio 4 muppets on STW? :p

Random spread of High IQs and dullards. Are you bright enough to work out which you are or do you need a picture 😉

DezB
    Free Member

BTW I listen to Radio1 100% more than I listen to Radio4, whatever that has to do with anything.

coogan
    Free Member

He’s a fat talentless ****. Keep not paying him, he might go away in the huff. I love the fact he’s getting stung over his money. He doesn’t deserve it anyway.

Junkyard
    Free Member

BTW I listen to Radio1 100% more than I listen to Radio4, whatever that has to do with anything

If it was the other way round you would know what this meant 😉

monkeychild
    Free Member

He is a c0ck endwho should be booted from breakfast imho. He is not funny, yesterday he was picking on a 12 year old who had rang in!!! I mean ffs what’s funny about that?? Why am I complaining about the fat unfunny twunt? I pay my license fee that’s why 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

Right, I’m going to have a bit of a rant now, apologies in advance…

As I wrote before, like it or not, Moyles has the longest running breakfast show on Radio 1 ever, he has also added millions of listeners to a show that was in decline when he took it over. He has continued to grow the listener base year on year. Day time shows very, very rarely run as long as this as after a time the listeners get bored and turn off, so it is unfair to compare his longevity with people like John Peel and Mary-Anne Hobbs (both legends on my eyes).

Now you may not like his show (if you’re not between 16 and 25 you are not its target audience anyway), but there are clearly a huge amount of people who do and it is a hugely successful show.

That’s because lots of people are morons. Being good at appealing to morons isn’t something to be commended.

So guys, grow up, a guy who is in a bad place personally and has not been paid for 2 months has ranted about this. Why is this a surprise? And why are people seeming to take a great amount of pleasure from this?

Because he’s an arsehole.

HTH.

He’ll have pulled more birds than any of us, earns more than any of us and is probably on every guest list of every gig/club in the UK.

Pretty sad and indicative that those are the things you value in life really. (Oh and I have run plenty of successful gigs/club nights and know others who do too, and there’s no way we’d be putting that chump on the guest list.)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

PP is clearly a member of his family.

What a hopeless case to have a defend at. Back in your box, Poddy

No not at all. I don’t listen to him, I hardly liten to the radio at all any more. But what I think of him or his show isn’t the issue, it’s the holier than thou attitudes of those with the biggest opinions that annoy me. Yeah, it’s fine to insult someone you’ve never met just ‘becasue you pay his wages’ isn’t it?

And I’ll do whatever I like with my box thanks. So poke it, sunshine.

DezB
    Free Member

You really don’t think it’s right to mock celebrities? Even one who has a public temper tantrum? I mock my own child when he has a temper tantrum! Cos it’s FUNNY!

philconsequence
    Free Member

are clever people not allowed to find his show funny?

i listen most mornings, i couldnt stand listening to radio 4 other than their comedy stuff… i use the radio for light entertainment, if it gets too serious then i’d rather turn it off and listen to some tech-metal or something.

the chris moyles team spend most of the time taking the p1ss out of each other and that banter is quite fun company in the morning.

That’s because lots of people are morons. Being good at appealing to morons isn’t something to be commended.

– sounds like this quote has come from a thread about football and football fans, or people who watch tv on a saturday night

BigJohn

BTW I listen to Radio1 100% more than I listen to Radio4, whatever that has to do with anything.

What? EXACTLY twice as much? To the nearest 1%?

smuttiesmith
    Free Member

DezB – Member
    I mock my own child… Cos it’s FUNNY!

Selectively quoted I know but today’s parent of the year award goes to….

Junkyard
    Free Member

STWers in “having a pop at someone successful” shocker.

Seems to me most people dislike him for his personality …are poor people allowed to dislike rich people, in your shallow world view, without it being envy?
    There are loads of “birds ” who like fat gobsh!tes …why not put on some weight and you will be sorted 😉

pypdjl
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s fine to insult someone you’ve never met just ‘becasue you pay his wages’ isn’t it?

It is if he is a tedious fat git.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

He’s not fat, he’s just big boned.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

…are poor people allowed to dislike rich people, in your shallow world view, without it being envy?

Not on STW!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Edited. Can’t be bothered anymore.

orena45

Lunge +2

Drac

He’s been paid now amyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11395904

By the BBC it would seem iDave.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘Can we all laugh AT Moyles now?’ is closed to new replies.