Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 143 total)
  • Can we all laugh AT Moyles now?
  • ShaunW1973
    Free Member

he should take that up with the people that run the station.

He did and still didn’t get paid and lost his temper because of it. You never lost your temper at work then?

No, I work in a professional environment, Carrying on like a spoilt brat wouldn’t go down well, and quite rightly too.

PeteG55
    Free Member

I like him, only bit of Radio1 worth listening to till 7pm. If any of you listened to the show, you’ll know he very rarely plays any records till after 7am anyway, so its not unusual for him.
    I think he has shot himself in the foot a bit on this one though. Unless it was a last resort, he shouldn’t have done that on air. At the same time, being the kind of bloke that he his, I think the beeb should have seen it coming and the beeb is at fault as well.
    I do find that so many people on here think he’s annoying, etc, but you’ve got god knows how many other radio stations to listen to, if you don’t like it, try something else and stop moaning about it.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Is nt a whole part of Chris Moyles show him going on about what happened last night and generally moaning about his life ?

So its just his normal show really but the rant just happens to be about his employer this time.

Drac

No, I work in a professional environment, Carrying on like a spoilt brat wouldn’t go down well, and quite rightly too.

Me too but on a very rare occasion I have lost my temper, taken a lot and probably only happened 2 or 3 times in 21 years but I’ve done it. Not getting paid would certainly do it.

clubber
    Free Member

I’ll take Moyles and his team over that bunch of muppets M&L any day, thanks.

As to not getting paid, it’s not unreasonable to be p!ssy, it is unreasonable to make the whole show about it. That said, it does sound like there may be some politics behind it all (at the BBC? Never!) so maybe he felt that he had to do it to get it sorted, who knows.

toby1

He was always punching well above his sizable weight with Sophie. I used to be a fan, but once he started the morning show and stopped going out on the lash with the team it kind of simmered into a bit of a boring pattern. That said I’ve been surfing other morning radio shows recently and Jeez they are all equally as crap, 6Music, Xfm, Radio2. Nothing is really working for me.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

blah, blah, blah, you’ve got god knows how many other radio stations to listen to, if you don’t like it, try something else and stop moaning about it.

I do listen to something else; but I am legally obliged to pay the licence fee, a proportion of which goes to keeping this talentless amorphous blob in pies and cake. That’s what annoys.

So anythng that makes him a bit less comfortable is all good to me.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Marketing Publicity Stunt @BBC radio 1 worked well it seems…

backhander
    Free Member

anyone got a link from a sensible paper please?

Admiralable
    Free Member

anyone got a link from a sensible paper please?

[url=http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3148994/Chris-Moyles-radio-rage-over-pay.html]Any use?[/url]

backhander
    Free Member

nope.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am the person to comment having never listened to him ever-IIRC complete ignorance is nevr a bar from having an STW opinion. As long as they dont transfer him to the Today programme I remain unbothered. I think it is excellent the BBC caters for all tastes rather then just the lowest [or highest] common denominator.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

PP – you missed off a bit “If you have a problem with that I’ll pay your licence fee and you can switch off and listen to someone else. Go and read the Daily Mail, you miserable fart.”

Which is typical of his witlessness.

I happen to agree with him, I think he’s spot on. If you don’t like it, you know where the off switch is. Use it.

Personally, if I’d not been paid, I’d have blown my lid a lot quicker than that. The very next day, I imagine

If this was a guy that worked in Tesco and complained to every customer he served he hadn’t got paid, he’d get the sack

No he wouldn’t. That’s hysterical BS typical of a STW witch hunt. It’s hard to get sacked for anyhting other than gross misconduct these days – Basically nicking stuff and violence.

this talentless amorphous blob in pies and cake

Imagine that’s me talking about you, or a member of your family….

——————————————–

I tell you what, replace ‘Chris Moyles’ with any of your own names, and then imagine it’s YOU that’s not been paid.

Not so ‘funny’ now, is it?

Yeah, yeah, it make you look cool to hate Moyles, especially on STW. Baaa Baaa.

Grow up FFS you bunch of to$$ers

Farmer_John
    Free Member

“it’s probably Chris Moyles Ltd. that hasn’t had it’s invoices paid, which is a slightly different matter, isn’t it? “

Indeed. It’s also “Chris Moyles Ltd” that produces all of the trailers for his programmes – it was one of the byzantine conditions of his contract that his production company gets paid upwards of an additional £100K a year just for effectively promoting himself.

You really have to wonder who’s in charge of contract negotiations at the BBC. Even Mickey Mouse would be able to get better value for license fee payers.

Shandy
    Free Member

PP have you been on the drink?!

Houns

Usual STW chips on shoulders/trying to hide envy of the money he earns/Anti anything popular….Quite sad really to lower to name calling

I don’t mind him and do enjoy listening on Fridays when he gets chance to play some good music on the golden hour, the rest of the week i just listen to CD’s on the way to work.

Spongebob
    Free Member

Never voluntarily listened to him!

I experienced 20 mins of him and his team whilst being given a lift one morning.

I was surprized that R1 are still using that contrived old 80’s style format, whereby the main presenter is supported by a chirpy female co-presenter. Crass and boring!

I wouldn’t choose to listen to this drivel if you paid me.

I reckon the BBC should have left pirate radio to it all those years ago! Think how much money that would have saved the tax payer. £600k to present a radio show? WTF!

DezB
    Free Member

Jeez PP, I wouldn’t even defend a DJ I respect (eg. Mary Anne Hobbs) with such vigour and enthusiasm! 😆

I don’t dislike Moyles cos it’s “cool” (I don’t do anything cos it’s “cool”) I dislike hi sod it, it’s obvious to anyone with any sense.

andy_hamgreen

lol

That’s hysterical

oh the irony…..

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

He was a hospital radio dj when I was doing my nurse training, thought he was the end of a bell then, and I havent changed my opinion since. Yes, it’s crap that he hasnt been payed (alledgedly), but I’m with elfin on this one.

brakes
    Free Member

maybe they’ve switched him to a performance-related salary

tthew

He went on: “That’s it. I’m on strike. I’m not playing any more records. I’m just going to talk and be funny until 10 o’clock.”

I suspect that not many of you got this far down the original linked article. Be funny until 10 o’clock, that’d be a first. Not paying people is indefensible though. He’s a f***tard of the highest order, but if the BBC signed a contract with him, they should honour it.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Usual STW chips on shoulders/trying to hide envy of the money

Not a shred of evidence of that on this thread. Just some people who dislike Chris Moyles.

But then, there wouldn’t be evidence of what people are ‘trying to hide’. It’s a dig which is impossible to refute, and might be taken to show more about your preoccupations than anything else.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah, yeah, it make you look cool to hate Moyles, especially on STW. Baaa Baaa.

I’ve not liked him since well before Idiscovered STW. In fact, I disliked him way before it became ‘cool’ to dislike him (?). Mind you, I am a trendsetter…

I don’t like him because his ‘humour’ seems to revolve around belittling and insulting others. I find him misogynistic, homophobic and generally bigoted. He tries to pass of his attitudes as ‘banter’, but tbh, I just think he’s a narrow minded pillock. That’s why I don’t listen to his show. It only took 2 or 3 to convince me he was properly shit.

Also, as a former radio presenter* myself, I am more than qualified to comment.

*I did 2 shows on student radio when I was at Uni, with a mate. T’was an eclectic mix of music, current affairs and social comment (basically we played what choons we liked, and ranted on about whatever rubbish we could think up at the time). Totally unscripted. All our (half a dozen or so of our mates) listeners thought our show was great. We din’t get asked back; the **** of a ‘controller’ said our show ‘lacked focus’ and wasn’t ‘consistent’ enough. What did he know, feckless whey-faced poltroon (©Barnsleymitch 2009).

Presenting a radio show requires a certain kind of personality, coupled with the ability to communicate effectively to an audience. Moyles has reached the position he is in now because he’s contentious, brash and outspoken. But he’s ultimately fairly mediocre, and makes for pretty undemanding listening, which makes him perfect for a mass audience. He’ll say the odd ‘controversial’ thing, but tbh, ranting about not getting paid is hardly akin to a ‘Rivers of Blood’ speech, is it? Moyles is hardly an intellectual heavyweight. He’s just a mildly shouty slightly obtuse bloke, who’ll say stuff to get a reaction. The airwaves are full of tossers like him.

As for listening figures; John Peel never had the same kind of numbers, but does that mean he wasn’t as good as Moyles? The Spice Girls sold more records than many, many other far superior acts. Stella is more popular than proper decent beer. Quantity doesn’t necessarily equate to quality. We live in a society that panders to the lowest common denominator.

As for ranting about yer employers; don’t bite the hand that feeds you. The Tesco worker analogy is spot on; you can get sacked in companies like that, for behaviour that could bring the company into disrepute.

Balls. How d’you do this flipping video thingy?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vXd9x7jhOA[/video]

Ah, that’s it.

Andituk
    Free Member

If he worked for Tesco and he wasn’t getting paid everyone would be outraged at Tesco.

Just because he gets paid more doesn’t mean he should work for nothing, he’s got bills to pay, same as the rest of us.

MSP

I am guessing that its not as if he is a PAYE employee, but I am willing to bet he has set up a limited liabilaty company (for tax and other reasons) and invoices the beeb. Thed beeb has been slow in paying the invoices which is hardly rare when dealing with large corporations and government departments.
    IMO the correct course of action was to start legal action and/or withhold his services until the issue was sorted. What if someone who works in IT for the NHS had a grievance, would it be acceptable for him to abuse his position and crash NHS IT systems?

Sonor
    Free Member

I obvioulsy aren’t old enough at 24 I find listening Mark and Lard about as funny as eating chease and biscuits, but find Moyles quite funny!

Another thing to add the the list of “the younger generation don’t have”, and that’s a sense of humour.

He’s clearly a talentless ****, but if he gets paid that much to be a talentless ****, I salute him. This country is going to sink under the number of overpaid talentless ****’s we have accumulated.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

PP is clearly a member of his family.

What a hopeless case to have a defend at. Back in your box, Poddy

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Moyles truly is a fat, useless c**t.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtIeyWOga9A&feature=related

a lass I knew had the book and I actually read it on the bog and nearly wiped my arse on the pages.

CountZero

TimeOut described him as a “talentless fu**wit”, and that was back when he was just starting. A fourteen-year-old son of some friends of mine said he thought Moyles was childish and refused to listen to him. I’ve had migraine attacks that were easier to endure than his crappy show. PP, you really have just made yourself look like an hysterical ranting Daily Mail reader. I think this whole episode is about contract negotiation, I have a recollection of reading that his contract ran out in June, and there was talk that he would be leaving Radio 1, some of it on here, I believe, it was around the time of 6Music being shut down. If his contract has not been renewed, then why would the BBC be obliged to pay him? The sooner he buggers off the better, Tony Blackburn got booted because of his whining about his marriage breaking up, Sarah Kennedy was more or less forced out due to her perceived shortcomings by the management, but that useless **** is still squatting there like a toad in a stone.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Wow, 90% of this thread is people who don’t like and don’t listen to Moyles yet feel the need to share their views of him. Why? If you’re not between 16 and 24 Radio 1 isn’t aimed at you so don’t be surprised if if you don’t like it.

He’s clearly not talentless or useless as his show gets 8 million listeners (excluding under 15s which aren’t sampled) – that is 13% of the country!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

So what is the best part of the chris moyles show?

BenjiM

I can understand where the guys coming from £600k or not, it’s a pain to not get paid for two months. My salary failed to go in the bank the weekend we were due to go on our honeymoon and the boss was in Mexico at the time, which was a bit crap.

surfer
    Free Member

I can understand where the guys coming from £600k or not, it’s a pain to not get paid for two months. My salary failed to go in the bank the weekend we were due to go on our honeymoon and the boss was in Mexico at the time, which was a bit crap.

I suspect if you had the buffer 600k per annum brings then it may have been less of an issue.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wow, 90% of this thread is people who don’t like and don’t listen to Moyles yet feel the need to share their views of him. Why?

Maybe because they pay his wages, through the TV licence. Ergo, they have the right to comment.

He’s clearly not talentless or useless as his show gets 8 million listeners

Does it? Does it really? How do they arrive at these figures? Surely these are just ‘estimations’. Besides, many people just switch the radio on first thing, while they have breakfast etc. So probbly not really ‘listening’.

And as I’ve said, quantity doesn’t necessarily equate to quality.

djglover
    Free Member

I hope he never works in broadcasting again AHAAAA

DezB
    Free Member

quantity doesn’t necessarily equate to quality.

Fixed that for you 🙂

Anyway, this thread was started as a “let’s all laugh at the useless celebrity stomping his pathetic feet live on air and committing career suicide”
    which is a perfectly normal thing to do, whether you think that celebrity is funny or not. Surely?

Woody
    Free Member

I suspect if you had the buffer 600k per annum brings then it may have been less of an issue.

I would imagine there is considerably more in the way of ‘buffers’ coming his way from sources outside the BBC.

He’s just a jumped up talentless tosser IMO and the fact he is trying to pretend he gets ‘wages’ from the BBC is a joke. As has been said above, his ‘Company’ will presumably still be paying him enough money to scrape by on and he is simply using this as a method of credit control and to get some extra publicity with the inevitable jump in listeners.

iDave
    Free Member

has anyone mentioned him being a fatty yet?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Chris Evans gets higher listening figures.

And on that bombshell….

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 143 total)

The topic ‘Can we all laugh AT Moyles now?’ is closed to new replies.