Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Can someone explain the Vittoria MTB range please?
  • swoosh
    Free Member

I’m on the look out for some new tyres and have started to look at the Vittoria tyres. But I’m a bit confused as to where each tyres sits in the range and what each one is for. I’ve used Schwalbe for years so have got used to their range but others confuse me. Can someone please suggest equivalent tyres to the Racing Ralph, Nobby Nic and Hans Dampf in the Vittoria range? At the moment I’m thinking Peyote, Barzo and Morsa in that order? Is that right or do others fit the bill better?

Yak

I would say the mezcal is in the same area as the ralph and the barzo similar to a rocket ron.

matt_outandabout

I’ve a set of Goma’s, they in my view are about a Nobby Nic.
    Nice and supple, decent enough grip while fast rollong. Like a NN, I seem to get to the limitations of the tread quite quickly, particularly when damp.
    Good tyres, but like NN, not as good as an XR4…

matt_outandabout

I’ve also some Saguaro’s – proper fast rolling, ace on hard pack or summer dust. Exciting on anything else…

swoosh
    Free Member

Hmm. Might look at the Bonty range too. I thought the Nobby Nic would be closer to a XR3. XR4 more like a Hans Dampf?

oldfart

I had a Goma on the front in 4 rides it wiped out and tried to kill me twice! 🙄 Beaver are good.

FOG

Oh dear, this doesn’t sound promising. I have just ordered some Gatos from Onone as I was struggling to get 26″ tyres locally. Well they were only £8 a piece so not the end of the world.

Yak

Yeah, nobby nic, similar use to an xr3.
    Re vittorias, I really rate them, well certainly the xc ones as better than schwalbes. More consistent too – none of that made-on-a-friday-afternoon schwalbe nonsense. Get the tnt sidewalls and g+ .

downhillfast
    Free Member

On-One/Planet-X are selling Vittoria tyres cheap. I’ve had a Goma on the front in the past and have just bought another 2, for rougher trail/AM use. I also rate the Barro and Saguaro for general trail use.

wheelie

I’m running the latest 29 x 2.3 Mountain King protection on my Sonder Signal and was wondering if the Barzo would be a better tyre? Probably be for spring, summer , autumn mostly South Downs QECP. It is a shame that they don’t do the 29 in a 2.6.
    The Mezcal i guess would only really be good in the dry? Looks nice though.

stennah
    Free Member

I bought some Barzo off planet x when they were £4.99 each they’ve been through all weathers and we’re spot on ended up ordering a couple more pairs now I’ve 2 bikes running Barzo and a spare pair for when my maxxis crossmark need changing.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Mezcal is an ace rear tyre in all bar proper mud, good on the front when it’s dry or you only ride hardpack.

Barzo is a brilliant front tyre all year round, add one in the back and you’ve got a pretty weather proof set up

Morsa is a Enduro tyre

Gato is a wet conditions XC tyre, more grip than a Barzo, but not as much as a full on mud tyre as a Bonty Mud X

I run Barzo front and Mezcal Rear all year round, unless it’s proper muddy and then I put a Barzo on the back, all in TNT G+ versions.

swoosh
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies guys. Hmm, I’m torn between Vittoria Barzo and Bontrager XR3 for a rear round rear tyre for my local riding in the East Midlands

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Can someone explain the Vittoria MTB range please?’ is closed to new replies.