Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Can of worms….. traveller ‘culture’
  • theotherjonv

Cheers Cougar

I had hoped this could be a one issue discussion, I specifically said ‘leaving aside the other aspects that having a large traveller community brings’ but if it is going to go into general traveller baiting and down that usual plughole then no probs with you locking or deleting it. I think I got the answer somewhere in there……

funkmasterp

I had hoped this could be a one issue discussion

Here? You thought that could happen here? 😀

cromolyolly
    Free Member

t’s called “balance”, ya dope.
    And who the **** are you to comment on me when you come out with bollocks like this “It is a form of courting in some parts of the Traveller culture.”
    Er duh yeah, none of us fickos got dat did we 🤨

I think you are targeting your vitriol at the wrong poster. I was poking a bit of light fun at the poster who thought your attempt to balance a broad brush story with your broad brush story was odd, whilst also poking a but of fun at your unusual taste in music. Which is a running joke.

But since you have come at me let me fire back – the OP asked the question so clearly he didn’t know. So you’ve just called him thick for no reason.

Sense if humour fail?

nealglover
    Free Member

<mod>
    Play nicely please, children.
    </mod>

Don’t worry.
    I think it’s just a form of courting.

sc-xc

Clips.

Only if used with clops.

This deserves a wider audience.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Fairly regularly run past a few caravans containing our travelling cousins, never had any issues, I always give a cheery morning/whatever, and they reciprocate usually. Seem decent enough, I do wish they’d clean up after themselves though.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

There was a bunch that parked up on prison property (crown property) a few years ago at the jail I worked in. Even the police couldn’t shift them. After they’d nashed off to Appleby the prison moved the fence so they could’nt get in again. (without hacking through it)
    Theyr’e a law unto themselves.

DezB
    Free Member

Apologies for the abuse! Just got in from a bit of an adrenaline filled last bit of the ride home. Was a bit on edge ☺️

mrchrist

Friend was telling me of a similar experience to hot_fiat’s where the land owner sprayed a load of slurry on the surrounding fields and they all cleared off.

Maybe you could spray slurry in Nandos to diffuse the situation next time?

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Was a bit on edge

Arguing with the horse over who got to pick the tunes? *Ducks*

SandyThePig
    Free Member

However, sap must be rising or something and there was a fair amount of ‘grabbing’ going on among the younger ones. Which in non-traveller society would be seen as a some form of assault, but the girls seem to just about tolerate it.

Clearly the correct course of action in our gender equal PC world would be to grab/cup the perpetrator back and see how he likes it?

aweeshoe
    Free Member

Clearly the correct course of action in our gender equal PC world would be to grab/cup the perpetrator back and see how he likes it?

An eye for an eye n’ all that? We’d all be blind. He’d probably see that as a come on anyway. In a gender equal PC world he’d probably not do that in the first place, as he’d have a bit of respect for other people’s personal space and boundaries. If he did do it in the above utopia he’d probably do a course on mindfulness and apologise to the victim. I find a swift slap makes them think twice, but then they just move on to the next inebriated woman.

As it is he could be done for assault

colp

Maybe you could spray slurry in Nandos to diffuse the situation next time?

I suspect that’s happened on many occasions.

binners

I’m just wondering which Hitler I am?

It’s all very confusing

batfink
    Free Member

My understanding is that to most people it looks like assault…. but it’s actually not: the women are willing participants. I’d question why somebody would willingly participate in something like that – but I also question why somebody would want to live in a shed on wheels and shit in a cupboard in the corner. Any caravaners in who want to answer that?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

🤣🤣🤣

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m just wondering which Hitler I am?

A Big Hitler

squirrelking
    Free Member

Gypsies don’t shit in the corner, they take a rather dim view of toilets in the ‘house’ .

Anyone that’s ever been in a caravan or Motorhome for any extended period will appreciate why.

gobuchul
    Free Member

they take a rather dim view of toilets in the ‘house’ .

Serious question, so where on the temporary “ad-hoc” sites do they shit?

nofx
    Free Member

They crapped on the football field last time they pitched up near me. The council spent a fortune cleaning up their rubbish & bodily waste 🙄

CountZero

Clips.

Only if used with clops.

Took a couple of seconds, did that; just glad I didn’t have a mouthful of beer…

Caher

Yep the grabbing is a cultural thing, I see it a lot in Ireland. It’s viewed with similar discomfort over there too. It’s best not to get involved as they’re a pretty united bunch.

paladin

gobuchul

Serious question, so where on the temporary “ad-hoc” sites do they shit?

In the bushes

trumpton
    Free Member

They set up near my mums ex shop at work and the kids constantly tried to steal stuff. They also set up near a bmx track I know and when they left there were huge amounts of rubbish dumped.

I once looked into a travellers camp as I was riding past only to be told I was going to get shot.

I recently passed some at a bus stop in town. As I approached they shouted at me that they wanted my bike and moved towards the road.

There were some young travellers ( about 13 years old ) on a bus recently who hassled a group of teenage girls using obscene language, and tried to stop the bus ( I think by lifting some bodywork outside of the bus between stops ).
    Over on pinkbike there was a story of them shooting mtb racers with pellet guns even though the course had been diverted away from the scummy camp.

Their culture seems to be of causing mayhem and waste. I think the ones living in permeant camps may well behave better and be community spirited.

Lovely people. Lets embrace their diversity.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Can of worms….. traveller ‘culture’’ is closed to new replies.