Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can I fit an EBB to a frame made for Press Fit?
  • BigJohn

The frame in question is a Van Nicholas Zion, and their specifications simply say “89.5mm Press-Fit Bottom Bracket”. I know it currently has a SRAM GXP BB to fit the XX1 GXP cranks that are on it.

None of this means anything to me as I’m still running square taper on my Mk1 Cotic Soul.

I know that Problem Solver make an EBB for PressFit 30 with internal shell diameter of 46mm but I suspect if it has a Sram GXP it will be a smaller (41mm?) shell.

Rorschach
    Free Member

89.5mm will be 41mm inside dia.As you said pf30 has a 46mm ID for the problem solvers EBB (I had one on my Mamasita….and might be doing it again!).

dovebiker

Never seen one – by the time you factor in a 24mm spindle in a 41mm bore, you’ll only get 8mm of adjustment which isn’t really enough. White ENO Eccentric hub is OK for SS.

shaggy

SRAM could well be a BB30 which has a 42mm internal diameter shell. Beer Components do one to fit. http://beercomponents.com I’ve been happy with my PF30 one. Shimano Pressfit is 41mm, I can’t think of one for this spec.

benji
    Free Member

Yes it will fit in the shell but the issue is the length of the crank spindle, as the shell is wider than the usual 68/73 variety, so once you have fitted the external eccentric bottom bracket cups the cranks spindle is then too short.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

89.5mm will be 41mm inside dia.As you said pf30 has a 46mm ID for the problem solvers EBB (I had one on my Mamasita….and might be doing it again!).

Rorschach, I’ve still got your old Problem Solvers PF30 EBB sitting here not getting used.
    If you’re looking at getting another one then give me a shout!

sillyoldman

Wheels Mfg do them for BB30 and PF30, but not Shimano press fit shells.

BigJohn

So it’s a no-go then. Ho Hum. Looks like Charlie the Bikemonger might be selling another El Mariachi Ti.

Rorschach
    Free Member

OOOhh nmrn….I may very well take you up on that!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can I fit an EBB to a frame made for Press Fit?’ is closed to new replies.