• This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Can I fit a Magura MT on a Shimano adapter?
  • mrmrhill
    Free Member

As says in title are brake post adaptors make specific? I’ve ordered new brakes and need a adapter to fit the 180 rotors and already have a shimano one. Cheers in advance. Stay safe

Yak

Yes.
    Yes.
    You will probably need to add a few mm of washers/spacers. 1 or 2mm or so.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

The adaptors are the same for the magura as Shimano no washers will be required either ……and will work just fine.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Make sure to watch the YouTube video from Jenson bikes to shorten the hoses …it’s an absolute doddle to do and doesn’t require the brakes bleeding due to there design .

Yak

Hmmm, fitted some at the weekend and it took some washers or the disk would hit the caliper body. I guess that could be the frame mounts being slightly short or over faced?

Anyway, it was no bother, just a few washers and then spot on.

peaslaker
    Free Member

Yak I’d like to know the details of exactly what you paired up. Theory says that they’re typically just “xxmm” diameter spacers against the PM standard and if any caliper fits without a spacer, any caliper should fit the bigger rotor with a spacer. But theory has been known to make fools of many a theoretician.

Yak

Magura trail sports. Fork is 180 post mount already but that still needed just under 2mm of washers. Rear is a shimano IS to 180 post mount adaptor that needed just over 2mm of washers.

[awaits someone saying ‘you didn’t use the supplied magura 2mm spacer?….’]

Yak

Hold on…I am an idiot.
    I have 185 rotors…doh!

Yeah Shimano 180 adaptors will fit magura calipers at 180.

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Lol we’ve all been there mate ……well worth using the magura rotors made by galfer as there 2mm thick rather than the usual 1.8 and it makes a massive difference.
    Absolutely awesome brakes are the magura mt trail sports absolutely fantastic value for money .

Yak

Haha, yeah I was swapping stuff around and moving the maguras but didn’t move the rotors over as they looked quite worn. Grabbed a better looking 180 pair from the parts bin….except they were 185.
    I have always liked maguras, had Louise FRs back in the day, then been on Shimanos since, but going back to magura again to avoid the inevitable Shimano leak.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Can I fit a Magura MT on a Shimano adapter?’ is closed to new replies.