Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Can English people travel to Wales to ride from the 2nd?
  • deanfbm
    Free Member

Will the English be allowed into Wales from the 2nd?

scotroutes

Not until 23rd

joepud
    Free Member

Will the English be allowed into Wales from the 2nd?

Basically only the 5 days around xmas where Covid is taking a day off after that keep out.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yes!

But we have new, as yet undisclosed regulations coming into force from the 4th so it might be a short window.

Mostly they’re talking about Pubs, Cinemas, Bowling Alleys (and there’s me thinking the 90s had ended) and I doubt it will include outdoor venues, but it might come with travel bans again.

I think they’ve been shocked at how quickly the R rate rose post firebreak.

nickjb
    Free Member

Not if you are in tier 3. Talk of a new Welsh lockdown from Friday so probably out for everyone anyway

P-Jay
    Free Member

Not until 23rd

I thought you guys (in Tier 1 anyway) were allowed to travel after your lock-down?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Im interested in this too. In theory Ive got a holiday cottage booked starting next Saturday in Wales.

I can see Wales from my window now, and travel through it nearly daily for work, but just havent been able to go there.

There are some FAQ’s on the Welsh gov website, but they do not say when they were updated last Edit: this was last updated 23rd Nov

https://gov.wales/coronavirus-regulations-guidance#section-52155

joebristol

After reading it I thought it was no to people from England in general – regardless of tier from the 2nd…..

P-Jay
    Free Member

There are some FAQ’s on the Welsh gov website, but they do not say when they were updated last

https://gov.wales/coronavirus-regulations-guidance#section-52155

I’m pretty sure they’re current, but were drafted with an eye on respecting the English lock down (even if Boris didn’t do the same for us). Banning travel between England and Wales and vice versa is a huge political hot potato for us.

P-Jay
    Free Member

FYI I want to go the other way and visit FOD!

Trimix
    Free Member

No one will know where you are once your (lost) in the woods.

joebristol

FYI I want to go the other way and visit FOD!

Don’t be greedy – you’ve got loads more good riding in Wales then we have this side of the border!

Killing me not being able to go to Cwmcarn – one of my favourite trail centres

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

P-Jay that guidance I linked to was last updated on 23rd.

dirtyboy

Judging by the amount knocking round Cwmcarn last Sunday you can fill your boots already

montgomery
    Free Member

The way it’s going in Wales we’ll be stopping them coming over the border into England soon for a change.

ductions
    Free Member

I was hoping to travel from Leicestershire to the Peaks for a day of riding after lock down but doesn’t look like that’s going to happen.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

The only update I can see is that the Welsh Gov are discussing it today…at some point…probably… maybe.

Bit odd really when Englands Tiers have been know for a while.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

So its been confirmed, Wales is open again to people from Tiers 1 & 2 !

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55170248

Blackflag
    Free Member

Degla gonna be rammed this weekend. Most of Cheshire / Merseyside is Tier 2. They will be queuing round the block.

warns74
    Free Member

Does this come into play immediately or from 6pm tomorrow (4th)?

molgrips
    Free Member

You are “strongly advised” not to travel though.

reluctantjumper

From 6pm Friday. Good news for me as it means I can see my riding mates from down south once before christmas and go see two of my best friends in Cornwall before the christmas rush, both will be day trips and mid-week to avoid the crowds. Both times it will be drive there and back with no stops, plus leave a good few days between other family visits so as to allow time for any symptoms to show in me. I would have been doing these trips in the mad christmas rush otherwise so it’s actually allowing me to do things safer than originally planned. Christmas will now just be me seeing my parents and nothing more.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Can English people travel to Wales to ride from the 2nd?’ is closed to new replies.