Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can a Faulty Di2 Derailleur Drain my Battery?
  • Daffy

I’ve just swapped my battery to the latest one and have installed a new shifter window thing along with a used XTR Di2 rear mech and now my battery is draining in weeks rather than months and will randomly stop charging.

Anyone else had similar issues?

M

escrs
    Free Member

First thing to do is make sure all the components are running the latest firmware verisons

I know that di2 components can cause issues if certain components have much older firmware than the rest of the groupset

jonba
    Free Member

Yes.

My experience was on the road set up. Damage mech had worked fine for about a year – I assumed it was just cosmetic. A wet week riding and a couple of races in awful conditions and the battery was going down in 24h.

Having previously had a battery issue I swapped that out as a first thought. Same problem. Figured it was the mech by a process of elimination. Unplug one thing and see if it goes flat.

It is worth plugging in to the etube program as it will tell you about firmware and obvious issues. It won’t detect leaking charge in my experience.

Charge it up, unplug the mech and see if it goes down. Then the shifter. Try a different battery. Visually inspect cables, junction boxes and make sure connections are ok and clean.

simondbarnes

Yes.

You can do current leakage tests with the PCE02 interface device.

Daffy

I’ve connected the new battery to the bluetooth on my phone and updated the firmware on all of the components to no avail. Sorry – should’ve put that in the first post.

sillyoldman

What Simon says – latest diagnostic tool has new battery drain diagnostics functionality. Take it to a bike shop with PCE02 (not PCE01).

Likely to be corrosion on the cable connector on the mech. Worth a good clean with an appropriate solvent.

Daffy

May have been a squashed wire. I’ve removed all of the kit and examined it, slowly isolating each section until it fully charged. Now we’ll see if it holds charge. If not, it’s off to the bike shop.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can a Faulty Di2 Derailleur Drain my Battery?’ is closed to new replies.