Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Campion Hill Bike track 4X Leamington anyone?
  • cjr61

Could drop in on my way home from work and wondering if it still exists and is in a state to ride?

Thanks

rOcKeTdOg

Ride it a month or so ago, still there, rough around the edges and will be a bit muddy ATM but still some air time available (not by me I hasten to add)

5,4,3,2,1...GO!!

21bike

2bike

13bike

Pics from a few years ago

kayak23

I live a mile from it.
    It’s mostly rideable but it’s Defo rough around the edges, and in the middles too.
    It’s not really the season for it..can get muddy in places and sappingly slow rolling.
    I wouldn’t go out of my way for it.

There’s the Pump track in nearby Bishops Tachbook too. I rode that briefly the other day and that’s in need of some upkeep too, but it’s tarmac so does better in the wet.

rockbus

I’m in Leamington as well.
    Anyone know any decent rides in local area?

mboy
    Free Member

I spent a year living just round the corner… It’s barely worth the trip unless there’s a race on! Jumps are a bit on the tasty side for mere mortals so there’s not much to get from it unless you’re Scott Beaumont or the like.

Anyone know any decent rides in local area?

Not really, no… Sorry! Get in touch with the Godiva Trail Riders in Coventry if they’re still going. I spent a year getting out on most of their wednesday night rides while I was up that way. Nothing exciting, but a decent bunch of guys and the fact it was mostly at night added to make it a bit more involving at least, and everybody stopped for the post ride pint after the ride too in general.

cjr61

Thanks all, I’ll save it for when it’s dry then!

kayak23

RLSCC Royal Leamington Spa Cycling Club run rides several nights a week with differing levels depending on experience.
    They start from the Giant Shop (though that may not be the case currently)

There’s lots of muddy bridleway bashing. Not so much woodland now as HS2 Juan (last name Kerrs) have flattened most of it.

But yeah, RLSCC rides are your best bet for riding round these parts.

RLSCC

rockbus

Cheers all.
    I did join Wednesday rlscc one ages ago so might give that another try.
    Will also check out the Godiva trail riders.
    Although think I need to get my fitness levels up a lot more first.

Cheers
    Paul

kayak23

The Thursday rides are a very chilled pace and nobody gets left behind.

submarined
    Free Member

Unless it’s had significant work done on it in the last 12 months or so, its in a real state. The nice jumps by the side are all flattened, and it looks like someone’s driven a dozer through it half way down then left it to seed. A real shame.

branes

I rode through there tonight and did a few laps … nice and dry, and looks like it’s been tidied up. Much better than when I last went there a couple of years ago after a wet spell.

rOcKeTdOg

There’s a campaign to get bike trails put on the defunkt golf course, you can imagine some of the comments on the locals FB groups though.

kayak23

Yeah I got kicked out and banned from the fb dog walking group for putting right some of the misinformation they were putting out to drum up opposition against the cycling trails.

Unfortunately they’ve really gathered a lot of opposition comments on the council planning page, and I know for a fact from my partner belonging to local What’s app residents groups that they are still putting out misinformation to get people riled up enough to oppose it 😠

Please take a minute to add your support comment on the council page here and help to increase a culture of cycling provision here and across the country.

Even if you’re not local, stating why these types of schemes have been a benefit in your area is a great help.

Council planning page

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Campion Hill Bike track 4X Leamington anyone?’ is closed to new replies.