Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Camping Quilt
  • stayhigh

Morning all,

I’ve succumbed to curiosity and am looking for a camping quilt for the back of the van as an alternative to a sleeping bag. Preferably something 4 season but also not earth shatteringly spendy.

TIA 🙂

avdave2

If it’s for in the back of a van isn’t that also known as a duvet.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Plus 1, just get a duvet. Saying “quilt” makes you sound like my granny when sheets and blankets started being ousted in sleepy old Britain about 45 years ago.

For Duvets, it’s got to be German. Proper big single duvet, 220cm long…
    https://billerbeck.shop/en/bettdecke/daune/catalina?number=10010.3

5lab

We use the big square cotton covered decathlon sleeping bags as duvets when it’s warm enough. Much nicer than nylon y bags

TheBrick
    Free Member

20tog duvet will. Add a wool blanket if you want. That will do you for anything you will get in the UK and beyond in a van coupled with a good mattress.

Cougar

Saying “quilt” makes you sound like my granny when sheets and blankets started being ousted in sleepy old Britain about 45 years ago.

In granny terms, a quilt is a padded throw / overblanket. A duvet is a ‘continental quilt.’

dudeofdoom

Plus 1, just get a duvet. Saying “quilt” makes you sound like my granny when sheets and blankets started being ousted in sleepy old Britain about 45 years ago.

eeek I can remember as young DoD kid the family getting our first continental quilts from the new Bristol Carrefour hypermarket where we dined on chilli con carne and carafes of wine(while not me). It was very European and er probably 45 yonks ago 🙁

TBH I thought of a quilt as an open sleeping bag type ultralight back/bike packing thang.

TheBrick
    Free Member

TBH I thought of a quilt as an open sleeping bag type ultralight back/bike packing thang

It has taken on that meaning due to the us use of the term. But if you’re in a van go comfort and with the thickest duvet you can find plus some proper blankets

mikertroid
    Free Member

I just bought a Decathlon Forclaz 500 sleeping bag for van use…..proper toasty! It’ll get lots of use this winter.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

1.6kg Lightweight Sleeping Bags For Adults – Rectangular Style – Extra Wide & Warm Snuggle Sleeping Bag by HiGHLANDER https://amzn.eu/d/4ifGDnU

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.