Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Camping coffee
  • robh

Got a Bodum Travel Press very happy.

bernard
    Free Member

Went with the aero press, thanks for those recomendations, quick, simple, nice coffee and easy to clean afterwards…

oh and a SS cafettiere to see if the wife can break it

slugwash
    Free Member

Just pour boiling water over grounds in a cup. Wait a couple of minutes and stir – THEY ALL SINK!

This works well with coarser ground coffee but not with fine ground like Lavazza. Good method though 🙂

Turkish Style Coffee….. by Slugwash, on Flickr

Mid Ride Coffee Break by Slugwash, on Flickr

Stoner
    Free Member

BTW, Bernard, I find making the aeropress “upsidedown” works well and gives you a bit more control.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzb6HcCVbYk[/video]

rossi46
    Free Member

Lyons Coffee bags:

Basically ground coffee in a t bag. Brew it like a tea bag (3-5 minutes dunking and stirring for a stronger flavour).
    About £3 for 18 bags in Morrisons.
    Lovely 😉

busydog
    Free Member

Just pour boiling water over grounds in a cup

Had never tried that until I went on a horseback elk hunting trip with an old-time guide. He just put course grounds into boiling water on the fire, let it sit a bit and voila, you have coffee that will make your hair stand on end—might not rival that served by the coffee shop barista, but sure as hell woke one up in the morning.

Kryton57

@ Nobby. I’m bringing my stove tops but I have some Italian sourced coffee I can share in your device at the Bonty?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

What Rossi46 said. Lyons coffee bags.
    I carry them round at work all the time, so much so I’ve got half the staff of HMP W******* on them. Ok, so the snobs with sensitive/dodgy taste buds may think they taste ‘like mud/awful/crap/dog poo’.
    But they don’t & for about 12p a bag they’re pretty ace actually, & dead handy.
    & I’m not even on commission!

DrJ

Handpresso

aleonardwilliams
    Free Member

chortle chortle,
    anyone got the profanisuarus to hand? look up ‘cafetiere, the’

grahamg
    Free Member

I’m with slugwash – much of our camping is cycle touring so don’t really want to carry anything extra. Used to do cafetiere but it wasn’t strong enough. Now I just use the mini trangia pan for turkish style or ‘cowboy coffee’.

Basil

Snowpeak Titanium French Press.
    Works well, works very well if you use coffee ground for a french press and it’s made from titanium. Win win.

markgravo
    Free Member

+1 for the Lyons Coffee bags. Use them at work and converted a few people over to them.

slugwash
    Free Member

Lyons Coffee bags:

What Rossi46 said. Lyons coffee bags.
    I carry them round at work all the time, so much so I’ve got half the staff of HMP W******* on them

+1 for the Lyons Coffee bags

Oh dear, and I thought that STW forumites were proper coffee connoisseurs! 😉

Throw your insipid Lyons ball bags in the bin and get down to Sainsbury’s…..

Basil

Thought here more care and more would care

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Throw your insipid Lyons ball bags in the bin and get down to Sainsbury’s…..

Our nearest Sainsburys is 12 miles away whereas Morrisons is 300 mtrs away. 😆

I’ll stick to the featherweight handiness of Lyons.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I find the Lyons bags are just short of a camping mug of coffee for me. I knows I could buy a smaller mug or do a half cup, but I likes what I likes. i do have them at home if I want a quick refreshing cup without the buzz and shakes.
    What I def don’t like is the Starbuck’s sachet things, it’s the gritty after taste in yer mouth.

slugwash
    Free Member

Our nearest Sainsburys is 12 miles away whereas Morrisons is 300 mtrs away.

I’ll stick to the featherweight handiness of Lyons.

If you’re not up to cycling 24 miles then you’ll be pleased to know that the Co-op are selling the same Colombian coffee bags as Sainsburys in their own branded packaging 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Camping coffee’ is closed to new replies.