Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Camelbaks (or similar/better alternatives) for ladies ?
  • keyses2

My HAWG has done several years good service but is now starting to wear out so I am looking to replace it. I have a ladies Dakine Drafter and Camelbak Luxe that I use for shorter (and summer) rides but use the HAWG for winter rides and for when I carry more stuff. What do other ladies use ? Have any women tried the Wingnut pack, if so do they fit round the hips/waist ok ?
    May just end up with another HAWG, but was wondering what else is available. Thanks.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I have just ordered a Camelbak Daystar off Evans Cycles reduced to £35, has a 2 litre bladder and 14 litres of space, thinking that’s ample for carrying my stuff. The other bags I was looking at were the Vaude Roomy 12 +3 or I think they have an 18+3 they look quite nice except they come wwithout a bladder.
    What’s the wingnut? i wanted something smaller that was women’s specific as I used to use a Havoc which was WAY too big!!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Camelbak Daystar:
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/camelbak/daystar-womens-specific-hydration-pack-ec018060

Vaude Roomy:
    http://www.readytoleave.com/Vaude-Roomy-17-+-3-Womens-Cycling-Backpack/details/ShoppingAdvisor?CAWELAID=228226710

hope this helps! I can let you know if a few days what my Daystar is like when it comes through if you like.

keyses2

Wingnut packs are the ones that carry the weight lower down your back, more sort of across hips, with longer shoulder straps to enable them to sit lower down (google for more info, not sure if that description may be a little vague !), but I’m not sure if they suit womens hips if that makes sense. I looked at the Daystar but wasnt sure if a cycling specific pack would be more stable so just seeing what else is around before deciding.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Oh never heard of them, I’ve never had a problem with the Camelbaks being stable just wanted something a little bigger for day packs to get coat, tools etc in.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Camelbaks (or similar/better alternatives) for ladies ?’ is closed to new replies.