Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Camber 29er owners size question?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Looking at buying a Camber 29 frame, I am always in the middle of sizes at 5′ 11 n a bit inches with a 31.5″ inside leg. Currently ride a 46cm (medium) Lapierre 29er and a 19″ Large Marin full suss which has always niggled at me as being a bit long.

What sizes are you riding please for real world views. I know size chart has me as a large. At a push I can go find a dealer with one, but order is online.

S_J
    Free Member

If you find a 19inch marin long, I’d definitely say go for a medium. I’ve had a similar issue sizing up a stumpjumper FSR 29er. They are long in the the top tube. I’m 6ft 1 and have ordered a large. Having said that, there seems to be a growing trend of getting longer frames and just running a super short stem..

KevinPP
    Free Member

5ft 9, 30in inside leg with a medium. Also run a short (50mm) stem, but that sizes up about 5cm shorter from seat to bars than my hardtail.
    I would say you are probably in the middle of the two, but if you want a more stretched position go for the large.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Its the more stretched out position that concerns me, I don’t like it, more of an upright position I prefer.

For what its worth the Horizontal Top Tube measures on the Marin at 23.7 inches.

Murray

I’m 5’11” and 32″ inside leg. I’ve got a medium and it’s fine.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

^
    What he said!

5′ 10″ here, 32 inside leg. Medium camber 29er, medium/17.5″ carve HT in the garage.

Both fit perfect.

cnud
    Free Member

5’8″ with 31 1/2″ inside leg on a medium camber with 50mm stem also. Had a medium Marin Attack Trail which was also right for me but that’s no real help is it.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Tried my local retailer, sorry sir no cambers until 2014 comes into stock…bumders.

cnud
    Free Member

Bikescene have a 2012 camber 29 expert in medium and a 2013 carbon

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Camber 29er owners size question?’ is closed to new replies.