Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • C4 Thurs 9pm : Me on tele . Swearing and being trucleant to my boss.
  • singletrackmind

Some of the SSSD know the background to this , but i shall briefly outline the story.
    Around march of this year we were in the death throes at work. The idiot owner had run out of cash, and his rather annoying partner had got a little tired of paying our wages . As a last hurrah Mad Malcolm responded to an advert to be filmed for a Channel 4 docu – drama with Sir Gerry Robinson MP ( He tried to sort the NHS, ran Granada Hotels , did a series called “I’ll show them who’s boss!”) Basically remaking the old Sir John Harvey Jones series “Troubleshooter”, with a touch of Dragons den as he would be lending firms money ( or his TV appearence fee ) to help them survive.

They filmed for about 10 days on site, and generally stirred things up to create more drama. It wasn’t much fun as we had no work to do as we had more or less run out of stock,and funds to play with.
    The annoying thing is it was mostly avoidable , and all down to mad Malcolm who runs the business.

Anyhoo. I , up till 9.45 on Thursday , still have a job and still get paid each week. So I put myself forward for much drubbing and taking of the mick as the STW massive can deliver. I haven’t seen any of it yet . It might be a load of codswollop, but it got a highly recommended in the Independant on saturday.

‘ Goes off to sort beer and crisps for the evenings entertainment ‘

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I saw this advertised so shall give it a look. Which one are you?

singletrackmind

Oh Yeah, Im the brewer at IVB. Sometimes .

brant
    Free Member

Excellent. Had it bookmarkthingied on Sky already.

DezB
    Free Member

Definitely worth a watch folks!
    http://www.channel4.com/programmes/gerrys-big-decision

Are you nervous about tomorrow mate? 🙂

Anna-B
    Free Member

Really looking forward to seeing this STM!
    I’ve sorted out somewhere to go and watch it and my friend’s cooking me dinner too 🙂
    Do you only find out if you get the money at the end of the programme then…? Good luck – still remember the tour with fondness!

singletrackmind

If they show the ” I was listening so hard , I didnt hear what he said ” part, and me shouting and deliberatly stuttering my way through a utterly ridiculous meeting with ” Vertically integrated management structure” ( we employ 5 members of staff .- integrate that Miss Management ) Where ‘Brain’ Mad Malcolms partner tells us all off for not workig, when in fact we did more work , and all of her points of arguement I had raised with malcolm on numerous occaisions.
    Will probably get slated on the ‘do more with less’ Savage chickens cartoon, which is still our motto at work.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Will you still have a job tomorrow?

DezB
    Free Member

Friday will be the day of truth…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

BUMP!

simonralli2
    Free Member

Is Singletrackmind “Rob” in the programme?

andywhit
    Free Member

I would imagine so.

I was going to ask if I could buy some hops for my homebrewing but seems they haven’t got any 😯

Stoner
    Free Member

was STM wearing a hat?

chimptastic
    Free Member

The other brewery looks a better bet. They still seem to be making beer!

grahamt1980

is he the balding one?

andywhit
    Free Member

Poor Rob! 🙂

nuke

Oh dear, not going well for IVB really. Which one is STM ❓

andywhit
    Free Member

Courtney – what a nob!

Lanesra
    Free Member

forgot about this and just flicked over, is Jane a normal worker whose been picked out as she’s shown potential, Courtney has to be the worlds worst salesman 😆

chimptastic
    Free Member

That women is already annoying me. In house training – role playing. That’ll solve all the probs.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well that was a disasterous sales pitch! Yeah he so does need training!

Gary_M
    Free Member

In house training – role playing

Well the guy clearly needs to brush up (or rather get some) his sales skills. ‘Yes there is a small charge to taste the beer we would like you to sell for us’ – yeh right.

This ere Rob fella from on here, he’s what’s known as a ‘blocker’.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Wonder if he sat outside and decided what his objective was for the meeting and what was the least he would settle for when he left, somehow I doubt it.

chimptastic
    Free Member

Yeah but I think he needs more than role playing. Needs to look at his influencing skills first And his general attitude.

brakes
    Free Member

has singletrackmind been on yet?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Potential customer (pub owner type) – “Can I come and have a taste of the beers on offer before I commit to buying them in?

Salesman – “Yeah, there’s a minimal charge and we have a shop – just give us a couple of weeks notice…”

Nice one!

Having seen the results of Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares up close I’m very conscious that what actually happens and what’s shown to have happened can often be 2 very different things. However despite the fact that we’re only in the first adverts I already know where my money would go!

chimptastic
    Free Member

Drum roll……

simonralli2
    Free Member

He’s still got a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brakes
    Free Member

hurrah

rogerthecat
    Free Member

He’s doing both of them. Kin soft as shit – bloody hard man of industry my arse – but a good bloke and I like him

Lanesra
    Free Member

Taken a majority stake in both companies! Only one winner from this

rOcKeTdOg

free pints for everyone then?

neilb67
    Free Member

Looks like Gerry will be owning 2 small breweries in the near future….

Brooker99
    Free Member

So, the brewery is now well off – but if that was filmed back in April (or whenever) what is the situation now? IS IVB making money?

Bearing in mind I did a tour there a month or so ago and they’re into Weatherspoons and a shed load (or what appeared to be) of london pubs, is it all roses, dinner and candlelight?

c’mon stm, has it made a (positive) difference?

neilb67
    Free Member

Looks like their doing alright

”moved to new premises”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I used to work for a small brewery not a million miles away. It’s a tough job, but stay local, stay true and it’s all good!

Keep brewing!

PS – The Bush at Ovington, not far away and awfully good!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Well their website is offline at the moment – could be overloaded or …

Brooker99
    Free Member

They were at the same site as on the telly when I went there.
    Pure gold was my favourite.
    CFH – I’ll add to the list of must visit pubs then…

DezB
    Free Member

They are brewing and Rob seems about as optimistic about the future as ever! I’m sure he’ll be on tomorrow to update everyone…

Anna-B
    Free Member

Good TV! Highlight for me, Rob to GR: Is that the best idea you could come up with?!
    Didn’t think that Courtney would be as bad as he’d been described…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘C4 Thurs 9pm : Me on tele . Swearing and being trucleant to my boss.’ is closed to new replies.