Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • C4 Thurs 9pm : Me on tele . Swearing and being trucleant to my boss.
  • DezB
    Free Member

Rob to GR: Is that the best idea you could come up with?!

Did come over as rather erm, aggressive, didn’t it? Knowing a lot of the background behind it, I understand Rob saying it, but wow, how TV and selective editing put things into a slightly different context eh?!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Just watched it on the C4 player thingy…….

Is that the best idea you could come up with?

hehe – how funny is that. Well done, almost amazed you walked out with a job! Hope it goes well for all involved, although the other business did seem a lot better.

We’ve got two micro breweries within 5 mins ride from home – seem to be doing OK but we also do scanning for one of the largest pub owners in the country and I get the impression they’re stuggling a bit.

Now how do I get that chap to come and help my business out 😕

singletrackmind

Hi All

Firstly thanks for all your kind words. The little section of me questioning Gerry with the ” IS that the best idea that you could come up with? ” still holds true . I had met Jade, sorry Jane , on numerous occaisions and thought she had sand in her head then.
    I am waiting for H and S to come in say no more acrobatics on the bannisters. Its all in the edit though , was very different at the time.

So Yes I still have a job, at work today it wasn’t mentioned, although we gave Cockney a standing ovation on his arrival. I chimned in with ” No such thing as bad publicity hey Courtney?” And , “Todays award for looking like a blithering idiot on national television goes to Courtney Epps”

Jane has changed nothing and the new money has all but gone.

Not sure what Gerry saw in JAne as she used to do background checks on forigners trying to get on nursing courses at Middlesex poly. no small business experience whatsoever.

DezB
    Free Member

Lucky he did see something though, or you might not have a job now!
    Courtney did come over pretty bad eh? “There’s just a minimal charge for that”!! 🙂

btw, “Are You Tough Enough”?

singletrackmind

Dezb.-YGM
    What no one has told business guru Sir Germ is that whem you are the owner of 2 breweries you no longer become a sole trader. As such you no longer get the taper relief on the beer duty discount. This is worth about £15 per cask. Or to put it another way £10,000 pcm .So by owning both companies he just indebted both to the tune of an extra tax burden of £120,000 pa, where both businesses were already loosing £1k – £2k every week.
    There might be ways round this , but the legislation is very tight , ie not even family members are allowed to be owners of other breweries.

Arrogant. Yep, but I know what I know, and would not have a clue how to do background checks on Nigerian scammers trying to get onto nursing courses in the UK.

muddy@rseguy

Singletrackmind, ahh, the delights of some “selective editing” to spice up the show…hmmm. Hope all is ok.

Well, you can always try building on the idea of bringing a keg or two of beer to races and enduros as the several pints we all had in the late night post 24/12 team party last year were very much appreciated. Particularly as the 24hr gang were still racing and had to stay teetotal 😉

Hey, heres a thought…beer themed “filling station” halfway round the lap…you know it makes sense 🙂

singletrackmind

Quincy Magoo (or simply Mr. Magoo) is a cartoon character created at the UPA animation studio in 1949. Voiced by Jim Backus (also famed in popular culture for his role as Thurston Howell III in the 1960s sitcom Gilligan’s Island), Quincy Magoo is a wealthy, short-statured retiree who gets into a series of sticky situations as a result of his nearsightedness, or myopia, compounded by his stubborn refusal to admit the problem. Affected people (or animals) consequently tend to think that he is a lunatic, rather than just being nearsighted. In later cartoons he is also an actor, and generally a competent one except for his visual impairment

DezB
    Free Member

LOL

[IMG]http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r90/dezb99/Junk/mrmagoo.jpg[/IMG]

“How many casks?”

singletrackmind

LOL V V Loud

The resembelance is uncanny.

” I was listening so hard, I didn’t hear what he said!”

utterly fantastic.

See you in the morning, off to a party tonight in G’ford. Shall we see how many laps we can manage in the morning?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Glad your still there – your Pure Gold is, umm, pure gold.

tankslapper
    Free Member

And Uncle Gerry saved you??!! 😆

In fairness (editing aside) it came across as ‘I’ve had a belly full of this s***!’ Particularly impressive was the ‘stair rail slide’ which I reckon is do-able on a BMX for added panache!!

What’s the prospects?

cinnamon_girl

Pure Gold – beer for mountain bikers and Southern Shandy Drinkers 8)

How's it going now Rob? I never trust these programmes – it's all so superficial. Hopefully IVB will have received some good publicity, after all it is good beer.

I just felt that Malcolm didn't have any "passion" – is that a fair comment? I expected him to be positively anal about his product but he wasn't.

tankslapper
    Free Member

CG! You traipsed back through three weeks of drivel for this!? 😯

Impressive! 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘C4 Thurs 9pm : Me on tele . Swearing and being trucleant to my boss.’ is closed to new replies.