Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • buying a road bike
  • fingerbang
    Free Member

Hi, i plan on buying a new road bike in the next couple of weeks. I fancy a second hand one on the basis that (i) more bang for my buck and (ii) road bikes are going to be less battered than MTBs

Are there any good outlet sites where you would look for bargains? I’m scouring Pinkbike buy/sell and ebay but a great bike outlet would be good

any nudges in the right direction would be great thanks

stwhannah

I have a Ti Planet X pro road on classifieds and Facebook marketplace somewhere!

BigJohn

We’ve got a fairly high end bike shop here in Stafford. They have a fairly steady flow of bikes that they’ve taken in part exchange, have given a good service and then sell at a reasonable price. I think that’s where I’d start if I was looking for one.

I’m talking Mammoth, but Henry Burton *might* meet that description for people who like a bit of NOS 20th century gear.

jonba
    Free Member

Local cycling group facebook sales pages.

The market place can be a bit hit and miss. In the NE there are a few good ones. Things like CDNE bike sales. Often I find that I’m buying from a friend of a friend or some one in a local club. Takes some of the risk out as it’s people trying to shift an unwanted bike rather than anything dodgy.

kirky72
    Free Member

Try cycle exchange, used bikes but bought from a on line retailer, supposedly all checked. So a chunk of saving without the risk and horrible buying experience of the likes of eBay.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.